You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Hippo

Albermarle

32 comments in this topic

[COMRD]
Members
251 posts
5,177 battles

Not sure of spelling but any comments on this ship?

Thanks for the feed back.

Edited by Admiral_Hippo

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
Just now, Admiral_Hippo said:

Try it Ranked, it is hella fun

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,815 battles
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Try it Ranked, it is hella fun....

....for my Massachusetts and Hizen to blap! 

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

....for my Massachusetts and Hizen to blap! 

How many have you seen? I'm under the impression I'm the only one mad enough :p

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,815 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

How many have you seen? I'm under the impression I'm the only one mad enough :p

enough to farm 2 or 3 dev strikes and about 2x as many kills

• Haha 1

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts

Didn't the o7 clan who just recently won the Verizon championship have a really effective Albemarle player on their team? Pretty sure I recall that from the stream...

Side note, this is a good read on the Albemarle:

Edited by HamAndCheez

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

ss or replays, if not, you are DREAMING !!! :Smile_trollface:

only good for dd hunting ...... I am struggling with the line :Smile_playing:

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
39 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

nope, not me... I only have been Devstruck once :cap_viking:

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Try it Ranked, it is hella fun

I ranked out in it  or at least got to rank 3 last season. This season did the same with drake. Drake is much much worse.

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,924 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I absolutely love Albemarle.  One of the easiest ships to splatter across the map.

0.10.0 was the transition from "World of Carriers and Targets" to "World of Carriers, Battleships* and Targets". 

The asterisk is for when CVs attack BBs. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,385 posts
12,292 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

It's solid. Not special in any way that I can think of, but solid. I found it likes to burn BBs, unfortunately it's not terribly agile, fast, or well armored and can get blapped by BBs pretty easily if not positioned well. It's kinda ok all around. 

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
9 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I ranked out in it  or at least got to rank 3 last season. This season did the same with drake. Drake is much much worse.

I'm about to rank in her this sprint.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,744 posts
21,833 battles

Albemarle is a huge bully against destroyers and in 1v1 against other cruisers. Horrible against battleships, though. If you can choose the right fights, it's a great ship, but if not...

Drake, on the other hand, is just crap. It pays way too much of a DPM tax for its very mediocre 234mm caliber.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles

Offensively Albemarle is fine, her HE is good, fire chances are good.  Range is mediocre, but it's typical with USN & IJN Cruiser peers this tier.  But at least she has Spotting Aircraft access to help when needed.

But it's on Defense where she's weak.  She has one of the worst Cruiser Citadels you can possibly see in the game.

shot-21-02-23-14-46-32-0985.jpg

Significant shot traps for any AP that makes it through.

HUGE CITADEL

She has a nice Repair Party, but that's wholly irrelevant once the Battleships get zoned in.

She was a dangerous ride to use in the Old Skill System.  I imagine it's worse in the current system of Stealth Build + Dead Eye Battleships.

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

She was a dangerous ride to use in the Old Skill System.  I imagine it's worse in the current system of Stealth Build + Dead Eye Battleships.

She's actually very resilient as long as don't get outright deleted. The superheal is amazing and you recover 50% of cit damage, you get potentially about 150% extra HP by the power of magical heal.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

She's actually very resilient as long as don't get outright deleted. The superheal is amazing and you recover 50% of cit damage, you get potentially about 150% extra HP by the power of magical heal.

That's the problem right there.  It's just like Minotaur Super Heal.  It's fine as long as you don't get DELETED.  But that's how such ships get taken out the picture:  An overwhelming attack blowing them out of the water, making Repair Party irrelevant.

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts

OK, went back and reviewed the video, looks like the winning Asia server clan [-1s] had a Cheshire (!) in their final win, and there was an [o7] player who brought an Albemarle to every match and never died, not a single time. It's almost as if every ship in the game can be good if the player plays it well. 

Wasn't someone on here saying the other day how he took heat for bringing a Cleveland to ranked, but did really well in it? I say, don't listen to other people's opinions on ships. Play what you like and do well in.

Edited by HamAndCheez

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
6 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

OK, went back and reviewed the video, looks like the winning Asia server clan [-1s] had a Cheshire (!) in their final win, and there was an [o7} player who brought an Albemarle to every match and never died, not a single time. It's almost as if every ship in the game can be good if the player plays it well. 

Wasn't someone on here saying the other day how he took heat for bringing a Cleveland to ranked, but did really well in it? I say, don't listen to other people's opinions on ships. Play what you like and do well in.

A lot of things are possible if someone likes a ship and actually plays well with it.  I remember long ago there was talk about some dude Ranking out in the POS that is Indianapolis, so yeah, a lot of things are possible.

However, just because someone did well with a bad or mediocre ship doesn't make it a good ship.

[SALVO]
Members
7,067 posts
5,529 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's the problem right there.  It's just like Minotaur Super Heal.  It's fine as long as you don't get DELETED.  But that's how such ships get taken out the picture:  An overwhelming attack blowing them out of the water, making Repair Party irrelevant.

Albemarle has some armor to work with, doesn't pop as easily as the CLs, tbh I find her more resilient than any other T8 cruiser, except Eugen.

[PISD]
Members
1,846 posts
6,128 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Funny enough, I find it quite the opposite. I found Albermarle to be pretty much a lame cruisers, while Drake was my high point in the line thanks to the massive HE penetration/ damage that it have.

[WOLF7]
Members
876 posts
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

A lot of things are possible if someone likes a ship and actually plays well with it.  I remember long ago there was talk about some dude Ranking out in the POS that is Indianapolis, so yeah, a lot of things are possible.

However, just because someone did well with a bad or mediocre ship doesn't make it a good ship.

Perhaps. To me, the ships in this game are like people in the respect that they all have value. Just because something doesn't "fit the meta" doesn't mean it is without worth, especially if someone enjoys it in some way.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,448 posts
8,165 battles

My poor Albermarle is one of what I call my bad luck ships. Some ships in this game I just cannot make work reliably no matter what I do, Albermarle is one of them alongside Bismarck and a few others. The crazy thing about Bismarck is that I can work absolute wonders with the likes of Tirpitz and even FDG, but something about Bismarck just refuses to work. My Albermarle tends to get deleted with very little effort, often just 2-3 major hits, often from across the map. I've tried quite a few different playstyles with the ship, but really haven't found one that I can make work reliably. The firepower is good, but the hull is made of paper and cordite.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

Members
528 posts
17,379 battles

It’s quite possibly the worst ship in tier 8. Nice punchy guns, but they have poor range. To do anything you need to position yourself well, angle effectively, and even then half of tier 9 and 10 can end you with one salvo if RNGesus decides it’s your time.