You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
alphasierra1963

The Wardroom Team

5 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
2,725 battles

As a fairly new player, but an old salt, I have a suggestion for an improvement(IMHO)

I'd like to see more than just a Captain  influence a ships performance For instance:

Every Ship Should have a billet for:

Chief Engineer - Engineering and Maintenance 

Damage Control Officer - Self Explanatory

Tactical Action Officer - CIC/Sensors/Weapons

Supply Officer - Camo - Flags - Containers

Each officer can gain battle experience the same way a Captain does but have value for their particular profession.  Maybe the supply officer is great at trading for better containers, while the Chief Engineer is sloppy and hap hazard, but the TAO and Damage Control Officer are as sharp as a tack.

If a player can amass a team of with appropriate experience balanced with aggressiveness or Caution this could add an element that is unprecedented in Game Mechanics.

Just a thought

[V_V_V]
Members
966 posts
16,988 battles
1 hour ago, alphasierra1963 said:

If a player can amass a team of with appropriate experience balanced with aggressiveness or Caution this could add an element that is unprecedented in Game Mechanics.

Sounds like a WOTs crew.  You'd have to have a CAG for a CV, too.

Edited by Charon2018

[-VT-]
Members
802 posts
35,803 battles

This has been discussed numerous times over the past 5 years.  WG owns both games and I assume they have a very good reason for not going with the expanded crew.

Simplicity does have its virtues.  Having a captain only makes it easy.

That said, the game is technically still in beta so an expanded crew concept may be  a considered feature once player volume reaches a certain level.

Who knows?

• Thanks 2

Members
3 posts
2,725 battles
2 hours ago, Sabene said:

This has been discussed numerous times over the past 5 years.  WG owns both games and I assume they have a very good reason for not going with the expanded crew.

Simplicity does have its virtues.  Having a captain only makes it easy.

That said, the game is technically still in beta so an expanded crew concept may be  a considered feature once player volume reaches a certain level.

Who knows?

You are much more generous with your assumptions than I am having dealt with the "customer service."

And

I find absolutely noting "simple" about this game...yet

Thanks for your reply 

[-VT-]
Members
802 posts
35,803 battles
14 hours ago, alphasierra1963 said:

You are much more generous with your assumptions than I am having dealt with the "customer service."

And

I find absolutely noting "simple" about this game...yet

Thanks for your reply 

My 'experience' with WG has overall been very good, customer service included.  Please note that I had 30k battles in WoT before transferring over here to WoWs (Ships suit me better than tanks).  In some 55k+  battles overall I am not displeased with WG at all.  Numerous issues have cropped up, to be sure, but WG has been fair and consistent with me.

WoWs IS simple.  It takes effort and it takes 'time in the boat', as my friend Wiz says.  You get better over time.  You get better as you see and experience more.

You can not buy your way to being a better player.

No ship will make you better or improve your stats much.  Only skill will.

There are stages of play:  coop, randoms, ranked, clan battles.  Being good in coop does not translate exactly to being good in randoms.  Being good in randoms does not translate exactly to being good in ranked...and so on.

The game is not stagnant.  It has changed as it has grown.  It will continue to change.  Know this and learn to adapt.  Commander skills (the original implementation), CV rework, fxp/exp, Armory, new commander skills, etc, are all elements of the game's growth.  Learn them, yes, but do not expect them to remain the same forever.  WG has been committed to growth and growth means change at times.

The game IS simple.  Easy?  No, as you are competing against others.  But simple?  Pretty much.  Hard to master?  Oh heck yes as you might face off against a unicum or be saddled with a team of tomatoes.  Stuff happens.  Adapt and persevere!

Pro tip:  if you want to learn the game better/faster then join a clan with members who will help you learn.  Many clans will.  Many clans won't.  Some clans just can't as their membership is of a similar level to your own. So choose wisely when you choose.

• Thanks 1