You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG can you Nerf Torp damage in coop?

79 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,774 posts

By the time a BB gets to the fight a DD has already torped half the team.

Its not like there setting up or test new torp angles its just go along side and torp.

I know coop is for fun bur a small tweak would help everyone else.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 8

Members
395 posts

Well, its kind of his job to torp Destroyers and Cruisers, which in turn helps keep you alive longer to fight the other Battleships.

Edited by wildcat18

[SGSS]
Members
5,774 posts
1 minute ago, wildcat18 said:

Well, its kind of his job to torp Destroyers and Cruisers, which in turn helps keep you alive longer to fight the other Battleships.

Your avatar is a smiling noob.  Cool!

Its just frustrating when BB has nothing to shoot at lol

[SS238]
Members
392 posts
35,790 battles

Just a fact of life in co-op. If there are a couple of competent DD players on the team, BB's really don't have much fun. All you can do is wait for the next game. Or load a DD and cause some other BB main some pain.

• Thanks 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,611 battles

How about we nerf Torpedos while nerfing battship damage also? Make it impossible for them to get citadels and only 1/10 damage to cruisers while we are at it.

Na, leave it alone.

Edited by Gemlin
  • Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,522 posts
2,189 battles

gES2FYQ.gif

^ DD players in a nutshell

I know right give the other classes a chance to do something :Smile_hiding: Seriously you see how desperate DD players in COOP making a crazy rush shooting torps all over the place like their lives depend on it or something :Smile_teethhappy: Most pink players in COOP are DD players that are to trigger happy shooting Torps hitting their own team :Smile_amazed:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

Members
395 posts
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Your avatar is a smiling noob.  Cool!

Its just frustrating when BB has nothing to shoot at lol

I tend to follow the dd cause he will be the first one spotted and the red team will sail towards him giving me targets to shoot at.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

I play DDs Cruisers and BBs in COOP and top the boards with all three.

It is easy to get kills in a BB LONG before a DD even gets into range.

Same goes for Cruisers.

Most DD kills are yolo because ships are MATRIX like in COOP at dodging torps launched more than 2 km away.

By the time they get that close you should have already gotten plenty of hits.

When you see a DD headed for a torp target use your range and shoot something else.

The worst time in a BB  in coop is when you spawn in MEXICO and only one ship even comes to your side.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,347 posts

My  100K+ battles in fuzzy old Grover Norquist this week kinda makes me wonder what people are complaining about.

Members
4,117 posts
44,174 battles

It's a fact of co-op that DD players are practicing torps on BBs and getting in there quick. Even the Euro DDs are doing it.

But it is first come first serve.

Best a BB player does is open fire at long range at the BBs. Skip the cruisers. If more cruisers, hit the heavies first.

DD players are always going in

If some of them decide to play Randoms, then they will be making co-op less DD heavy.

But I hear even Randoms is DD heavy already.

Lately, I have seen more cruisers myself.

And that is because Randoms has made cruisers scarce.

[BEA5T]
Members
548 posts
17,391 battles
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

gES2FYQ.gif

^ DD players in a nutshell

I know right to give the other classes a chance to do something :Smile_hiding: Seriously you see how desperate DD players in COOP making a crazy rush shooting torps all over the place they live depend it on it or something :Smile_teethhappy: Most pink players in COOP are DD players that are to trigger happy shooting Torps hitting their own team :Smile_amazed:

Just NOOO  :Smile_facepalm:    It is not just the DD players... ANY player who may not have much time in COOP and likes to launch torpedoes at the extreme range or SPAM launches to a particular zone.       

Also if you play COOP you would understand also that you do have to get UP CLOSE and personal to get to the BOTS.    Players that have significant time in COOP realize no matter what ship you play aggressive.    Those players that play SLOW BBs or stay in the back and have not learned the art of long range sniping tend  pay the price of limited rewards.  

• Cool 3

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles

Awww, you had a frustrating match because a certain type of ship is more powerful than the others for that game mode? Just adapt, and hit the next battle button.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Awww, you had a frustrating match because a certain type of ship is more powerful than the others for that game mode? Just adapt, and hit the next battle button.

This.

Yesterday I had a 24k damage game in a Jean Bart  (two good destroyers in front of me).  I might have gotten a little bit triggered

I also had a 200K damage game in the same ship.

If my two DDs had failed, things would have gotten spicy, but they did not.

WG giveth and WG taketh away.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

HAHAHA.

If the blessed human BB can be bothered to OPEN FIRE and deadeye all those darn Bots coming into the Circle...

IF you don't sink em, I'll just have to sweep the place with torps take out two or three of them in addition to the obligatory enemy DD or two along the way.

If you BB's have nothing to shoot when I get finished taking the Objective and clearing that side of the map? Say THANK YOU! otherwise I might just pout and do nothing. Let you do the burning and sinking to get all that BB shooting to your hearts content. Then clean up the mess after.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,522 posts
2,189 battles
5 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Just NOOO  :Smile_facepalm:    It is not just the DD players... ANY player who may not have much time in COOP and likes to launch torpedoes at the extreme range or SPAM launches to a particular zone.       

Also if you play COOP you would understand also that you do have to get UP CLOSE and personal to get to the BOTS.    Players that have significant time in COOP realize no matter what ship you play aggressive.    Those players that play SLOW BBs or stay in the back and have not learned the art of long range sniping tend  pay the price of limited rewards.  

See the issue DDs get to bots first not matter how fast BB is it won't matter because DD already got there  :Smile_hiding: Yesterday I got hit by four torps and what does dumb DD player say why you block my shot :Smile_sceptic:  DD player on purpose shot his torps knowing that some of them would hit me just to hit the BB on the other side of me :Smile_facepalm: It's almost like DD players don't anyone else get in damage in :fish_palm: When you so desperate to hit your team just hit the bots that's a problem :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[BEA5T]
Members
548 posts
17,391 battles

Also Dang it I am already constrained when I play CVs in COOP with Torpedoes that JUST TICKLE ships.   Heck the DDs torpedo on the average do 3xs the damage.  

It is extremely sad when your Tier VIII KAGA torp planes hits the lottery and LANDS all 4 torpedo hits on a moving Tier X DD Kleber and it is still sails on ?  Talk about what the BLANK BLANK moment.  ( This happened in PVP)  So please no nerfing torpedoes  

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,774 posts
11 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

See the issue DDs get to bots first not matter how fast BB is it won't matter because DD already got there  :Smile_hiding: Yesterday I got hit by four torps and what does dumb DD player say why you block my shot :Smile_sceptic:  DD player on purpose shot his torps knowing that some of them would hit me just to hit the BB on the other side of me :Smile_facepalm: It's almost like DD players don't anyone else get in damage in :fish_palm: When you so desperate to hit your team just hit the bots that's a problem :Smile_bajan2:

But wait the torps dont go under friendly ships. Whaaaatttttttt :cap_fainting:

Edited by jags_domain

[--K--]
Supertester
1,488 posts
14,251 battles

Don't think that's a good idea nor something that could be done. Best thing to do is get a different angle from your dds so you can get broadside shots while also spotting for the dd/cruisers in smoke. The only maps I find this is a huge issue is Two Brothers and Estuary. 

[SBS]
Members
6,470 posts
27 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Seriously you see how desperate DD players in COOP making a crazy rush shooting torps all over the place like their lives depend it on it or something

Truth is all players are super aggressive in co-op.  The difference is WG guides your BB and cruiser shells on target so your aggression never goes astray like DD torps can.  To be fair, I so see some pretty insane DD players (and sometime cruiser players) that fire torps with no regard to hitting their teammates.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,522 posts
2,189 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

But wait the torps dont go under friendly ships. Whaaaatttttttt :cap_fainting:

No, they don't they hit me that's my point DD was so desperate to destroy a BB didn't care if they hit me or not :Smile_sceptic: Since you only turn pink shooting people on purpose what heck no problem :fish_palm:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Sad 1

[BEA5T]
Members
548 posts
17,391 battles
4 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

LOL I understand completely when we get cluster of DDs (3+) per team as even I have full expectation that it usually be over REAL quick. 

On the other and  most of the time there is only 1 DD per section ( DDs are spread out...) so yea in your area a DD might get there first and probably smoked in the wrong place  and then you came along between the DD and oncoming BOT ( target).    Not going to get into that.  

Cant speak for the other DD players but as COOP main that like to play everything that has torpedoes ( but a cruiser) I take responsibility for my launches and do my best to keep a LOW possibility that I will hit any friendly.  ( Good percentage of friendly hits on my part happens if the Target BOT happens to get sunk before the launched torpedo hits.

I have the same disdain for players who deliberately launch or shoot knowing they may also hit a friendly and then blame the recipient of the damage for getting in the way.

It can get real bad at times during Naval Battles days ( specially Fridays). 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,811 posts
10,972 battles
26 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Truth is all players are super aggressive in co-op.  The difference is WG guides your BB and cruiser shells on target so your aggression never goes astray like DD torps can.  To be fair, I so see some pretty insane DD players (and sometime cruiser players) that fire torps with no regard to hitting their teammates.

You add in flood missions it gets worse.  Especially when there is a citadel mission going on (the drive by urge is strong).

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Why does it seem like many BB's in CoOP don't want to shoot at anything that's not at point blank range while doing their best to block the rest of their team mates from getting a shot off? Or worse, never even bother to clear their main guns and just rush in to ram the nearest bot BB so nobody else can get it before them? 

Edited by WaywardVariable