Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Srymybad

ANDREA DORIA

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3
[SOB]
Members
2 posts
974 battles

I had some extra cash to burn so I bought into the Italian coins used them to grind up. Get ahead of the curve a bit you know. It was an absolute waste of money and DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. What a massively POS of a ship. Worse dispersion than American BB with Stevie Wonder as Captain. Have yet to even get a citadel on a cruiser, even at close range using SAP or AP. SAP seems to be doing better all around. If you manage to hit a broadside SAP is doing about 3k and AP if your lucky 1900. AP for the most part just ricochets, even off of light cruisers. Any streamer or YT who says differently that this is a good line of ships is kissing WG butt. To sum it up its absolute garbage and I wish I could get my money back.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,860
Members
1,905 posts
27,738 battles

WG thanks you for buying, thus subsidizing their continued creation of crap ships like AD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[FRR]
Members
859 posts
23 minutes ago, Srymybad said:

I had some extra cash to burn so I bought into the Italian coins used them to grind up. Get ahead of the curve a bit you know. It was an absolute waste of money and DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. What a massively POS of a ship.

At least your mistake was confined to getting just one (1) ship. Someone spent real money to get early access on all the Italian battleships and has been complaining non-stop about how meh and inaccurate they are. The frustration on what can only be described as ships that are definitely pezzo di merda was so much that it has led to posting results of Co-op battles using otherwise great and absolutely free battleships. 

It is now at least 5 days since Update 0.10.1 started and like many players, I've earned enough Italian tokens to unlock early access for Andrea Doria. However, I'd rather play something else. Whenever I feel the need to hit enemy ships with SAP, I'd rather do it with Italian cruisers such as Brindisi or Venezia.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,079 posts
43,968 battles

After a few days of evaluation, the lower tiers are well, meh but SAP does citadel same tier cruisers wide. AP works for me if I aim higher at the low tiers.

As for the higher tier BBs, I set them up for secbat builds with high fire chance. SAP on cruisers, DDs, and BBs situational, AP at brawl range with BBs or long range. Although I occasionally hit cruisers at long range through the bow.

Since most of my captains are around 12 points, I work with what I got.

In terms of performance, it's about average in co-op with profitable gains for me, but I can't say what performance they will do in Randoms.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[CAAT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,624 battles
28 minutes ago, Hukom said:

At least your mistake was confined to getting just one (1) ship. Someone spent real money to get early access on all the Italian battleships and has been complaining non-stop about how meh and inaccurate they are. The frustration on what can only be described as ships that are definitely pezzo di merda was so much that it has led to posting results of Co-op battles using otherwise great and absolutely free battleships. 

It is now at least 5 days since Update 0.10.1 started and like many players, I've earned enough Italian tokens to unlock early access for Andrea Doria. However, I'd rather play something else. Whenever I feel the need to hit enemy ships with SAP, I'd rather do it with Italian cruisers such as Brindisi or Venezia.

Yeah, it really is a mistake to chase Early Access ships with doubloons and stuff, I've made that mistake before, and ultimately, I mean, these ships are going to be FREE anyways (they'll cost XP), so why put in ANY money for them at all?! It's way too easy to just "try for the Lepanto", you hear others getting Lepanto in " their first bundle" or whatever, and then 30,000 doubloons later you realize, "WELP, NO LEPANTO".....Talk about pretty darn pointless! Especially since Lepanto is a TECH TREE SHIP, and will be available soon! Same goes for the rest of those ships.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
971
[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
16,091 battles

Just have to laugh at anyone that buys crates etc for a ship that you will get anyways...and isn't the game about grinding a line?  If you get a high tier ship then the only way you'll play the earlier ships is to regrind the line.   I did this with British CAs and would have missed that gem of a ship, Emerald, if I hadn't gone back and reground the line.  Even if your a "gotta have it first person so I can possibly have the next OP ship and use it before it gets nerfed person", the marginal time you own it before anyone else is imho not worth it at all...but to each his own ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[O_S_D]
Members
229 posts
18,018 battles

I just got the Andrea Doria with tokens and was disappointed to see that it did not come with a permanent ramming flag mounted.

Too soon?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,196 battles

When you expect a tier 6 ship to behave like a tier 10. ROFL

Insert "learn to play noob" here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,372
[CVA16]
Members
6,160 posts
18,991 battles

The AD may be the first one of the line to rise to meh or better.   Current rankings make it look OP but with very few games. Only a few games in it myself in coop and it seems OK.

When do these ships lose their premium status? Right now I can plug in a 14 pt cruiser captain which avoids some of the misery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[CO-OP]
Members
2,799 posts
28,330 battles
7 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The AD may be the first one of the line to rise to meh or better.   Current rankings make it look OP but with very few games. Only a few games in it myself in coop and it seems OK.

When do these ships lose their premium status? Right now I can plug in a 14 pt cruiser captain which avoids some of the misery.

The tech tree goes live when patch 10.3 drops, so you've got about 6 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts

Well, I didn't buy it, but I've actually found it to be fairly good. Not OP, but it's definitely the first in the line that doesn't feel like a total chore to play. Decent turret traverse, reload, speed, armour, and a good number of guns makes it feel very solid to me.

Edited by MushroomBoogaloo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[DJC]
Members
39 posts
3,394 battles
On 2/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, Srymybad said:

I had some extra cash to burn so I bought into the Italian coins used them to grind up. Get ahead of the curve a bit you know. It was an absolute waste of money and DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. What a massively POS of a ship. Worse dispersion than American BB with Stevie Wonder as Captain. Have yet to even get a citadel on a cruiser, even at close range using SAP or AP. SAP seems to be doing better all around. If you manage to hit a broadside SAP is doing about 3k and AP if your lucky 1900. AP for the most part just ricochets, even off of light cruisers. Any streamer or YT who says differently that this is a good line of ships is kissing WG butt. To sum it up its absolute garbage and I wish I could get my money back.

AD, in my experience, has been one if the most fun tier 6 BBs I've played in a while. She's pretty much an up-tiered and up-gunned Cesare at tier 6, albeit with less sigma and concealment. At her tier, she has a good number of guns with a more sensible reload and awesome traverse speed, she's fast, agile, has best in class concealment for the tier, and though she has a small HP pool, her armor scheme is quite nice.

Pretty much her only drawback is the dispersion, and even then the guns themselves can be quite accurate at times because they are Cesare's guns, but with 1.6 sigma instead of 1.9. A Deadeye build is awesome on this ship, but it's being reworked so I'm wary of using it and speccing my captains for it now.

If she had 1.8 sigma, we'd be looking at a very solid tier 6 battleship, but she performs fine as of right now. I've already gotten her perma camo, and I'm happy with how this ship turned out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[FW-TX]
Members
144 posts
2,999 battles

I played Cavour and Andrea, the SAP absolute RUBBISH. I just use AP only. I would say they are quite fun, Italian ships, good armour. Not great though. A way to chill and test your skills (and your tolerance) I would say XD

Andrea Capt.jpg

Cavour Capt.jpg

Edited by HammerKing1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[DJC]
Members
39 posts
3,394 battles
On 3/9/2021 at 5:27 AM, HammerKing1982 said:

I played Cavour and Andrea, the SAP absolute RUBBISH. I just use AP only. I would say they are quite fun, Italian ships, good armour. Not great though. A way to chill and test your skills (and your tolerance) I would say XD

Andrea Capt.jpg

Cavour Capt.jpg

Yeah, I do find better results with AP, the SAP is a mixed bag against cruisers and battleships, sometimes you get some chunky salvos and sometimes the dispersion messes with you or you get bounces. SAP is bad against destroyers as well, which is weird, because that's what they were designed to be shot at.

Fun ships though :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[FW-TX]
Members
144 posts
2,999 battles

I already upgrade both HE and AP captain skills. The HE helps the secondaries, which are very important. I had a few close combat wins thanks to these.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×