Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

Earning ECXP

9 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,920 battles

Since the commander skills rework, I've been wondering about something.  One of the changes is that we now earn ECXP in every battle.  But here's what I'm trying to figure out:

Assume, just for example, that my captain has less than 21 CXP. and the end of battle screen shows:

XP earned = 1000

Commander XP earned = 1100

Converted to ECXP = 100

Now, here's my question.  Is the 100 ECXP I earned independent of the 1000 XP earned, or did I actually earn 1100 XP, and 100 of that was converted to ECXP.  In other words, compared to the old system are we earning some ECXP at the expense of less ship/commander XP?  Or are we getting the same ship/commander XP as before, PLUS a small ECXP bonus?  The way it's worded, at least on the end of battle screens, is a bit ambiguous...or maybe I'm just a bit dense.

Anyway...has anyone figured this out for sure?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,773 posts
4,771 battles

The way I understand it, 5% ECXP is like 5% FXP.  It's earned on top of everything else; no reduction in either XP.

Commander XP is often higher than Ship XP.  Look closely at the breakdown on the last page.

Nota bene:  5% ECXP is not earned by commanders who are re-training.

• Cool 1

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,920 battles

That's what I thought, too.  But then I noticed:

In the above example, if the captain had 21 points already, then the end of battle screen would show:

XP earned = 1000

CPX earned = 1100, and NET CPX earned = 0

Converted to ECXP = 1100

So in this case, it looks like all ECXP are deducted from the CPX earned.  So I see two possibilities:

1.  It's always that way, and the ECXP earned are always deducted from the CXP earned, or

2.  21 point commanders are a special case.  Less than 21 point commanders earn normal CXP, plus an ECXP bonus, but 21 point commanders earn the normal CXP, which is converted to ECXP, but do NOT earn the ECXP bonus.

Or...something much easier and more obvious, that I'm just not seeing.

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles

Works like FXP, different resources pool. As you reach the resource pool cap (CXP) the excess gets diverted to the other resource pool (ECXP), consider it an overflow mechanic.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,841 posts
4,285 battles

21 point captains don't earn CXP because that's the max level, all their CXP is converted to ECXP.

So if you earn 1000 XP on a game with a less than 21 pt commander you will get 1000 ship XP, 1000 CXP, and 50 ECXP.

1000 XP for a 21pt commander you get 1000 ship XP and 1000 ECXP.

Edited by AJTP89

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,920 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

Well, well, there it is in black and white.  Only captains with less than 21 skill points earn the 5% bonus.  Now I can go on to wondering about something else.  :-)

Edited by Midshipman_Hornblower

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,773 posts
4,771 battles
3 hours ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

It's always that way, and the ECXP earned are always deducted from the CXP earned, or

That's from when Elite Commanders were the only ones that could earn ECXP. 

Sign in to follow this