You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

A shift of perspective (new NoZoup video)

99 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles

Two weeks ago:

Today:

First of all I will admit that  in general I'm critical of Zoup, sometimes overly so. But when I saw his latest video I had to cut him some slack as it's obvious the rework has been somewhat hard on him and his opinions on the game. Still, a complete 180 degree turn in 2 weeks was entirely unexpected, and hey, props to him for having an open mind in that case.

Also the contrast in titles with a difference of just 2 weeks is pretty hilarious.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

Members
2,377 posts
52 battles

Zoup once again demonstrating that he is truly a trustworthy CC.

tenor.gif

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Zoup once again demonstrating that he is truly a trustworthy CC.

tenor.gif

At least he is willing to change his mind, I can respect that.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Members
2,377 posts
52 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I would as well - if he weren't notorious for constantly doing this.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,340 posts
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Or he knows his audience...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,354 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Two weeks ago:

Today:

First of all I will admit that  in general I'm critical of Zoup, sometimes overly so. But when I saw his latest video I had to cut him some slack as it's obvious the rework has been somewhat hard on him and his opinions on the game. Still, a complete 180 degree turn in 2 weeks was entirely unexpected, and hey, props to him for having an open mind in that case.

Also the contrast in titles with a difference of just 2 weeks is pretty hilarious.

Some of us are ...a bit slower than others.:). I mean there was PTS, then it was a whole month of...respecs...so...... but its nice. Now if Weegee will actually implement a nerf to deadyee, with all those geniuses out there who specced into......just lolz, another dumpster fire. Weegee seems incredibly talented at starting those fires.....a "natural talent" so to speak.... 

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles

I thought he went mad when he said Thunder was a good ship for pushing in his first video.

Covered in 32mm of plating

Almost no AA even with def AA

Slow

Vulnerable to torps

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,942 posts
15,761 battles

To his credit, his insight is exceptional for someone who doesn't play the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,726 posts
21,794 battles

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the gameplay in the video. It's literally 10 minutes of poor Kaga play being rewarded by even worse DD play.

As for the content, it's... both late and short. Late because the community said this was coming months in advance, and it was dead obvious it had come to pass from Day 1 of the patch. Short because he's not saying anything to advance the argument other than it's bad for the game, and he's losing followers. While these statements are true, I really expect CCs to be more articulate and proactive in general about matters that affect the game this much. He also phoned in the voice recording, but he said it was early in the morning so that made sense.

So I guess hurray? One more voice saying what all the others are, even though WG has given no public indication that it's actually listening?

• Cool 7
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

To his credit, his insight is exceptional for someone who doesn't play the game.

He's still an active player; it's just that his kids and other IRL stuff stop him from being Flambass levels of on-stream regular.

Jingles on the other hand - I'm not sure if he actually plays any more at all. 

I think Zoup's just blowing with the wind. I've lost the ability to take him seriously any more.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles
11 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the gameplay in the video. It's literally 10 minutes of poor Kaga play being rewarded by even worse DD play.

As for the content, it's... both late and short. Late because the community said this was coming months in advance, and it was dead obvious it had come to pass from Day 1 of the patch. Short because he's not saying anything to advance the argument other than it's bad for the game, and he's losing followers. While these statements are true, I really expect CCs to be more articulate and proactive in general about matters that affect the game this much. He also phoned in the voice recording, but he said it was early in the morning so that made sense.

So I guess hurray? One more voice saying what all the others are, even though WG has given no public indication that it's actually listening?

The DD plays on the video were truly somewhat excruciating to watch. As for the role of CCs, I believe after the CC summit in 2019 their treatment by WG has shifted to being seen as WoWs promoters pretty much and nothing more, regardless of the info and input they might offer ,cough, LWM, cough.

I don't blame WG as it's their product, but I can't shake the feeling it seems that way.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,754 posts
4,771 battles
42 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

props to him for having an open mind in that case.

Translation: Props to Zoup for agreeing with me.  Previously, when he didn't, it was because his mind wasn't open.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 6

[FORM]
Members
2,206 posts
13,214 battles
30 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It is good that he's eating his crow about this, but the way Zoup sticks his heels in the ground and insists he's right and everyone else is wrong though... that's tough to stomach. Dead Eye is a symptom of what WG has done to the game. It isn't THE cause of it, but it definitely a part of the problem.

• Cool 2

[CAAT]
Members
1,022 posts
4,625 battles
48 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Two weeks ago:

Today:

Gotta love it, he did the same nonsense about California, and for that, I question his opinion.

And then he posts THIS like a couple months later...

...Yeah....He has a tendency to do a 180 with his opinions on things....I mean I'm sure you can change your opinion, and that's fine, but you're a Community Contributor, and you need to be more aware that what you're saying will affect other players more than the average player talking about the same thing.

And now he's done a 180 on his Deadeye stance, which is fine, but...if he keeps doing 180s like this, it's hard to trust his opinion, when you know that in a few weeks, he'll just change his mind again.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 4

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

You can't just nerf dead eye; the very concept is wrong, counter intuitive, broken and smelly. 

But then that's probably why Deadeye is perfectly at home in WOWS.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[KWF]
Members
5,771 posts
7,007 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Translation: Props to Zoup for agreeing with me.  Previously, when he didn't, it was because his mind wasn't open.

Hey, guilty as charged in that sense, can't really disagree that I don't like the rework for the most part, Deadeye especially and all the impact it had.

Is it wrong being satisfied with seeing someone changing their mind when there's a lot of evidence they are in the wrong? Besides, I didn't force Zoup to change his mind. If you check his channel you can see his process from completely underestimating the impact, perceived or actual, of Deadeye, to having difficulty adapting, to this.

That said, thank you for being honest and direct. It's a rare virtue.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,354 battles
5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Well....people will feel vindicated when their foresight, which was constantly dismissed, rejected  and denied was ultimately proven correct. In a  " I hate when I'm right but it feels gud and .....I was right " kinda way. 

[HOLE]
Members
202 posts
2,352 battles

Everyone blames WG for the way the game is going but who do they depend on for their game and ship information? Super-tester's. The PT server is nothing more than a joke because you simply are not testing but trying to adjust to the changes already in place. I haven't seen any real number changes in the game to say any massive amounts are leaving the game. People complain about dead eye but that only a small part of why BBs stay further out. They were never really meant to push fully in to begin with but that massive amount of HE use has been issue in-game and is near impossible to survive to  even be effective.What people don't like  with dead eye from what I have read is the accuracy. How do you think those BBs like the HE spamming from cruisers from long distance with the same accuracy? Now the shoe is on the other foot, these people who once were the abusers are now the victims and boy are they crying wolf and threatening to leave the game.  Personally I wished the whiners would leave the game and allow people who are willing to adjust and enjoy the game. This is a free to play game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
43 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Nozoupforyou has the tendency to be like the certain guy from Texas (The one who went south for the winter)... As soon as his numbers are going south... He "starts" to change his mind...

No difference here.

• Boring 2

[CAAT]
Members
1,022 posts
4,625 battles
9 minutes ago, TheArc said:

It is good that he's eating his crow about this, but the way Zoup sticks his heels in the ground and insists he's right and everyone else is wrong though... that's tough to stomach. Dead Eye is a symptom of what WG has done to the game. It isn't THE cause of it, but it definitely a part of the problem.

That and the loss of secondaries accuracy across the board, it only strengthens the use of Dead Eye, since it looks far more reliable and then you see these videos where Dead Eye is making your shells practically fly connected, the shell grouping is so tight...I mean, why wouldn't you take a -10% dispersion buff to your main battery? Assuming of course, you have decent concealment. But you WANT to take secondaries skills, because it's supposed to be FUN. But right now,  secondary range is the only truly useful thing to proc the CQC main battery reload boost. And even THAT doesn't make up for the secondaries accuracy loss!

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles

The two huge CCs that gain the most followers are: 1) CCs that are more entertainment, or: 2) CCs that are good at the game and teach their followers tips/tricks on how to improve. There is nothing wrong with both, but I usually don't waste time around watching CCs that do it for "entertainment".

There are CCs out there that are both, for example:

LWM's ship reviews not only pack a ton of knowledge about mechanics and ins and outs of the ship, but she also contains wit and humor in every ship review.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
4,631 posts
21,349 battles

Well I guess I'm an old salt around here but zoup has always been like a bad tabloid all about drama.

But it is entertaining....

[SGSS]
Members
5,744 posts
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Two weeks ago:

Today:

People can change there minds.

Say what you want but I took out Ohio no deadeye it was ok.

With dead eye. Cits everywhere.

[TF-60]
Members
457 posts
16,413 battles
15 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Everyone blames WG for the way the game is going but who do they depend on for their game and ship information? Super-tester's. The PT server is nothing more than a joke because you simply are not testing but trying to adjust to the changes already in place. I haven't seen any real number changes in the game to say any massive amounts are leaving the game. People complain about dead eye but that only a small part of why BBs stay further out. They were never really meant to push fully in to begin with but that massive amount of HE use has been issue in-game and is near impossible to survive to  even be effective.What people don't like  with dead eye from what I have read is the accuracy. How do you think those BBs like the HE spamming from cruisers from long distance with the same accuracy? Now the shoe is on the other foot, these people who once were the abusers are now the victims and boy are they crying wolf and threatening to leave the game.  Personally I wished the whiners would leave the game and allow people who are willing to adjust and enjoy the game. This is a free to play game.

This change didn’t go through super testing supposedly

The Cv rebork was panned by super testers and WG didn’t listen