You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kennnnnny

cv haters and bullies

116 comments in this topic

[NWGNS]
Members
5 posts
9,037 battles

are you kidding me i pay ive got up to 120 premium ive been playing for about 5 years now i really enjoy the game i even bought model cvs and ships to build but this morning before i went to work a guy totally upset me to post  were not your personal spooter u have cruizers with uav and sonar ,we need points to ,the real wars had aircraft carriers, they played like a team army navy  not suicide destroyers ,not whining navel units to screaming at there pilots the pilots were crucial in the wars  so please    BACK OFF STOP YOUR HATE ,SPAM,REPORTING  OMG   

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 16

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

breathe before posting...       report , and then ignore...  the haters...

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,164 posts
4,304 battles

Sorry you had a crap morning in game, hopefully your day got better. 

Playing like a team is a good thing for sure. One of the greatest advantages of having a good CV player on your team is the spotting, same can be said for good DD players. In fact, a good spotting CV will effectively neutralize the opposing teams DDs just by keeping them spotted while they get focused down.

They can both do damage while not taking anything in return, though the DD risks more now days due to radar proliferation and CV spotting. That's one big reason they both get hate thrown at them. (CVs more so because the surface ship players can't really fight back).

While I don't know what happened, based on what you wrote someone was mad that you wouldn't spot for them, and you were upset because you were trying to get points (likely damaging ships).

Depending upon how the match was playing out I can't say what the better tactic would have been in that moment, so I can't really say who was more right or wrong.

I will say that folks in general need to remember this is a game. We are all supposed to be here to have fun, not to fight about it.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 4

[WOLFG]
Members
32,274 posts
9,988 battles
28 minutes ago, kennnnnny said:

,we need points to ,the real wars had aircraft carriers, they played like a team army navy  not suicide destroyers ,not whining navel units to screaming at there pilots 

Here's the thing. In the real wars, the ship captains didn't "need points too", they needed to win the battle. Also in real wars, you are correct that there were no "whining naval units", the captains did what the admiral ordered. If a CV spotting for the surface ships was what was needed to win the battle, that's what happened.

IOW, referring to a need for personal "points", and then referring to real life naval action, you're speaking from both sides of your mouth.

Being reported is a personal thing, and treated as such. The person reporting believes you should lose (meaningless) karma. As for the rest, if what people are saying bothers you, turn off chat. It's not like you're heeding requests anyway.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[AK-49]
Members
417 posts
9,152 battles

It's not just cvs. There's rantings on everything on game performance, other players abilities, fairness in scoring -everything you can think about to complain on, someone is. Legitimate gripes just get lost in the noise. It can take effort but you have to filter out the babble, rants and tantrums or at least step over them. 

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
44 minutes ago, kennnnnny said:

are you kidding me i pay ive got up to 120 premium ive been playing for about 5 years now i really enjoy the game i even bought model cvs and ships to build but this morning before i went to work a guy totally upset me to post  were not your personal spooter u have cruizers with uav and sonar ,we need points to ,the real wars had aircraft carriers, they played like a team army navy  not suicide destroyers ,not whining navel units to screaming at there pilots the pilots were crucial in the wars  so please    BACK OFF STOP YOUR HATE ,SPAM,REPORTING  OMG   

The CV hate babies a have been out of control for over a year now.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 4

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
31 minutes ago, kennnnnny said:

Are you kidding me??? i pay ive got paid up to 120 premium. ive been playing for about 5 years now, i really enjoy the game. i even bought model cvs and ships to build.

but This morning, before i went to work..A a guy totally upset me to post,  "we're not your personal spooter u have cruizers with uav and sonar, we need points to."

The real wars had aircraft carriers. They played like a team. Army, navy, and not suicide destroyers.

Not whining navel units to screaming at there pilots. The pilots were crucial in the wars  so please    BACK OFF STOP YOUR HATE ,SPAM,REPORTING  OMG   

Not sure what is your complaint there OP...

Are you complaining about the role of the CV or are you commenting on the community disgust for the current version of the CV?

• Cool 3
  • Haha 2

[CHA0S]
Members
238 posts
2,930 battles
19 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Being reported is a personal thing, and treated as such. The person reporting believes you should lose (meaningless) karma.

image.thumb.png.20c0dcd3f724cc85ec6253a8b78ef233.png

This is the quality of the "reporting" type.

Are we supposed to consider this opinion/position valid?

Fuelled by casual CCs and a torch-waving hate mob, we're supposed to give credit to this?

Last night I saw a player on my team start telling the red team where our CV was after he died.  Hate 'em if you want folks, yet if your day is a dozen anti-CV Forum screeds and betraying your team in-game - you have a problem, not the "Most broken class evar!"

You.

(not you @Skpstr, the ephemeral "they," you)

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 6

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,639 posts

It can't be all that bad.  After all, the amount of people who hate CVs are a tiny fraction of the playerbase, right?  For people to hate CVs according to the lovely experts of this forum, people like me barely even exist.  

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 4

Members
852 posts
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not sure what is your complaint there OP...

Are you complaining about the role of the CV or are you commenting on the community disgust for the current version of the CV? 

He wants to 'fly' around attacking other players unmolested, and wants other people to take it and keep quiet.   Otherwise, It hurts his feelings.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Members
755 posts
72 battles
1 hour ago, kennnnnny said:

Can someone translate this to .....english?

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
6 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I tried in my OP (post #9)... Even with my edits, Its not clear to me :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[IR0N]
Members
30 posts
9,065 battles

This is to the OP..Although you may not wanna believe that your not their personal spotter but in reality you stand to lose alot less spotting then say ur "dd" who risks his game low hit points and ur cruisers who are the ones that can use their radar to detect said dd's..So u may not want to be their personal spotter but in my interaction with the game the cv who keeps ships spotted and therefor keeps ur dd's from harms way say against the opposing cv and radar to me looks like a decent recipe to win matches..heres the thing at the end of the day what is ur primary objective..is it to win or do dmg..because if u care about winning more than risk ur (mostly not counterable) carrier and  allow the surface ships to do most of the dmg and play more of a support role until u figure out how to do both..ex(spot and dmg)..by the way i play cv too so im not foreign to the class

[IR0N]
Members
30 posts
9,065 battles

One more thing OP..just some player to player advice..do your best to ignore the ingame chat..for one theres ALWAYS sumbody that doesnt feel like you didnt help them out cause for whatever reason they may have died early or who knos..But you cant make EVERYONE happy..True Story..I can tell you this though more times than i can count i have been called out in chat such as im worthless been better if i was afk only to finish in the top 3 on the team while theres how many other ships below me..So just do what u do and let it roll of ur back..hence my point theres always that guy..Good Day Sir

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,501 posts

OP got wrapped up in the chat.

I disable my game chat for better. I can CHAT, type or whatever... and sink while doing so or SHOOT and play the game with whatever ship. My way. If you want to drive my ship or fly my planes YOU get one and do it yourself. Its a free Country or world in this game. Show us how it's done.

Thats why I disable chat. Too toxic and mounds of [edited] and so forth. We don't have time for that. If the hater does not come on typing against the carrier or any ship role etc he or she will angry type against those who dont chat anymore in game.

And you wonder why a percentage of all gamers ARE TOXIC. To chat from them or to them is da bomb. Ruin your day. Don't be that stupid.

This game is just a faint set of ship models that closely related to historical ships from real life. And thats is exactly as far as it goes. Everything else is just a construct in code for us to drive around and shoot up ships. Human or Bot. Real world navy war is much much much different than some [edited] video game filled with players spewing hate and destruction of team effort.

In short, the game is ARCADE. Bang bang whee shoot em. NOT a simulation of anything. Its all in the players head.

That got stopped when chat is disabled. I can focus on the fight in progress and do what I can. A team will win or lose. The hater must not matter. If you spent time engaging with the toxic teammate, then its pretty certian your team will lose. Not just lose but get seal-clubbed in a blow out.

We were playing in Narai one day last week. It proceeded according to game orders more or less. Until a toxic Strasbourg collided with my big Scharnhorst while under fire from the Iron Duke and two Bot Cruisers and one DD. I maintained my course and continued to engage the enemy. Come to find out the teammate in the Strasbourg continued to push against my ship for half the map. He did not have the rudder or speed to overcome mine. SO I carried him along as extra armor against the Missouri. He finally simply stopped the engine long enough to get un-collided and go around. By then there was nothing left over that side to shoot.

What a waste. And you can imagine the spew against my disabled chat. Save it, Im too busy shooting with this tarbaby as extra armor.

Edited by xHeavy

[SALVO]
Members
3,092 posts
7,076 battles

I'd like to suggest that just maybe the player who did the reporting did so much less because of pure hatred of CVs and more because of the way it was played ? 

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,164 posts
4,304 battles
10 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

1 hour ago, kennnnnny said:

are you kidding me i pay ive got up to 120 premium

(120 premium ships or 120 days of premium, either way indicating he's paid money into the game)

ive been playing for about 5 years now i really enjoy the game

(Likes the game, has been playing for about 5 years)

i even bought model cvs and ships to build

(Enjoys building ship models, me too, post pics, lol)

but this morning before i went to work a guy totally upset me to post

(Had a bad game before work, got yelled at in chat)

were not your personal spooter u have cruizers with uav and sonar, we need points to,

(Believes the role of the CV is farming damage, and spotting is not his problem. Cruisers have uav (spotter plane?) And sonar. Which some do have. Also disagrees with the low return for spotting damage, which as a DD main I agree with.)

,the real wars had aircraft carriers, they played like a team army navy  not suicide destroyers ,not whining navel units to screaming at there pilots the pilots were crucial in the wars

(Realised that real wars have different kinds of ships that work together as a team to win battles. Doesn't realise that one of the aircraft carriers primary jobs was reconnaissance (spotting).)

(Kind of confused about the army reference,)

(has never heard of the battle of leyte gulf, guadalcanal, or several other engagements (suicide destroyers not existing))

(Has never heard of pilots getting chewed out for not doing their job)

so please    BACK OFF STOP YOUR HATE ,SPAM,REPORTING  OMG   

(Does not appreciate being yelled at and/or reported for playing his CV the way he feels is right (who does?) And would appreciate it if people would stop)

Best I can do on sorting it out.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[-OG-]
Members
288 posts
9,086 battles

Take time to somewhat ensure what you've written is legible. I can't respond if I don't understand what you're saying.

However, if you're angry because you believe CV's are balanced and got yelled at because they aren't then you're not getting any sympathy from me. CV's are the most busted ship class in this entire game, and if you disagree well you're just wrong.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[-OG-]
Members
288 posts
9,086 battles

As for if you're taking the opposite stance then it's understandable if you're raging in the forums. CV's are broken and WG refuses to do anything about them.

Edited by Awe5ome

Members
2,376 posts
52 battles
2 hours ago, kennnnnny said:

u have cruizers with uav

Cruisers have UAVs?

Did I miss anything in the recent patchnotes? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[_BDA_]
Members
490 posts
7,862 battles
1 hour ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Last night I saw a player on my team start telling the red team where our CV was after he died.  Hate 'em if you want folks, yet if your day is a dozen anti-CV Forum screeds and betraying your team in-game - you have a problem, not the "Most broken class evar!"

I assume this cur was reported vigorously for unsportsman-like conduct.  Hell, as an opposing team member, I would have reported him also.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Cruisers have UAVs?

Did I miss anything in the recent patchnotes? :cap_hmm:

You play CVs.

See anything like this out there in the sky?

Photo Release -- Northrop Grumman Fire Scout UAV Gets 'Sea Legs' in  Preparation for First Shipboard Landing | Northrop Grumman

• Funny 1

[HOLE]
Members
202 posts
2,352 battles

Personally OP, I wouldn't let any of this game bother you. Most of these game's are full of ego boosted child minded player's who as adults haven't fully matured yet and may take year's. There are so many false claims of this or that ship being broken in game. To even argue at this point is a waste of anyone time due to you cant reason with people who really don't have their true opinion. Its the snowball effect with groups and clan's. That's why I feel certain events in here are nothing more than to please the player's who think the same manner. I personally fine them stale and boring with the same thing battle after battle hide in smoke or behind island or simply kite and fight. Skill is a very loose term as well people put way too much in win rate's. They say CV's are broken but will fight you tooth and nail if you said the said for the stat system in place. In the end, just enjoy the game and ignore such player's for they are special people.

• Cool 2