You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
King_Zacarias

Took a break, came back

33 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
Members
446 posts

Just before someone says stop comparing, no I’m gonna complain. It’s in my genes

I took a 3 month break after the Anchorage dockyard and came back today. I picked out the new captain skills for my DM/Alaska Captain and had a few rounds

This new meta SUCKS MAN. It really sucks. It’s just boring to play. What was the most fun part of WoWs for me personally are 10km> fights where you have to have ultimate situational awareness and you feel awesome. Now it’s just everyone sniping at each other. The game has been trending that way for awhile but this new update pushed it over the edge. If I just want to click at things all day, I’ll play minesweeper. This game is becoming more boring than my physics class with my teacher’s inability to fix her microphone. 

In the very very small chance someone important at WeeGee reads this post, FIX YOUR GAME. I hate watching this game I like and spent a lot of money on die so quickly due to shortsighted decisions.

• Cool 16
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

I left 3 weeks ago with 402 ships in port the only habit left for me is to stop going on this forum. Once they implemented the new captain set-up that took me over the edge . Now I've been playing a game I found by pure accident called Rise of Kingdoms same as this game pay to win and free to play but so much better than this and very addictive also competing against other clan for domination with live players on different time zones from all over the world. Game is called Rise of Kingdom  an apt game which can be played on phone but I play it on my table top computer through an Installer called blue stacks great graphics . Time to go back to my  new game  Rise of Kingdom  which is a very addictive game........................................Chow,

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles

Reset all my Commanders on 14th, haven't touched the game since. Don't see much point when skills will  be tweaked again and this time you will most likely need to spend doubloons or ECXP.

• Cool 2

[REAL]
Members
394 posts
8,231 battles

I feel ya brother.

I uninstalled for the same reason, it was a dam awful patch, they only thought about the possible money income, they didn't think about the outcome of loyal players.

META Sucks, CVs sucks and the dam skill tree sucks.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

came back after a year, same old noise on the forum this time about something else on top of whatever it was last year.

random is still and always has been the same old toxic cess pool, with randoms doing random things in game as to be expected.

and here i am spending money on a pastime i enjoy for my own reasons...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
28 minutes ago, SKurj said:

random is still and always has been the same old toxic cess pool, with randoms doing random things in game as to be expected.

That hasn't been my experience so far, granted I generally on play randoms on weekends but for the most part it isn't "toxic", sure occasionally you get some immature moron going off on his/her team mates, blaming them for everything and calling names but I haven't seen that type of nonsense all that often in randoms. 

IMHO randoms are for the most part a lot of fun and fairly cordial @ Tier IX and below (I haven't played in enough Tier X matches to say one way or the other). 

Happy Sailing! 

Edited by WaywardVariable

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
4 hours ago, King_Zacarias said:

Just before someone says stop comparing, no I’m gonna complain. It’s in my genes

I took a 3 month break after the Anchorage dockyard and came back today. I picked out the new captain skills for my DM/Alaska Captain and had a few rounds

This new meta SUCKS MAN. It really sucks. It’s just boring to play. What was the most fun part of WoWs for me personally are 10km> fights where you have to have ultimate situational awareness and you feel awesome. Now it’s just everyone sniping at each other. The game has been trending that way for awhile but this new update pushed it over the edge. If I just want to click at things all day, I’ll play minesweeper. This game is becoming more boring than my physics class with my teacher’s inability to fix her microphone. 

In the very very small chance someone important at WeeGee reads this post, FIX YOUR GAME. I hate watching this game I like and spent a lot of money on die so quickly due to shortsighted decisions.

Play more games, it's not as widespread as you think.

But yes, brawling is no longer king 

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,535 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Play more games, it's not as widespread as you think.

But yes, brawling is no longer king

AS a COOP main, I'm at that point where this skill tree change has even affected COOP.....  Why>?  Because brawling is King in COOP and it has been "affected to the point that Brawling isn't as effective....."  and, that means more games have to be played.   Not to mention, the influx of PVP players whom are disenfranchised and are now invading COOP.....!   I had to Blacklist several yesterday.  The other night, I had to ask my Grandson to leave his "XO" chain because the chat content was so extreme in adult and social content (players trying to "cancel" other players....) he had to leave......   All were blacklisted. But, I am seeing more and more "bullying" in COOP.....

My Yamato is not longer the ship she was.........what a shame.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,353 battles

I still brawl a lot.  You gotta adjust to the meta...and pick you moments.  Not the same as before.  But it's still a thing.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[IR0N]
Members
30 posts
9,075 battles

I agree look I get their in it to make money..but tell me  what do the players ever get other than sum garbage dockyard ships or hold on or a $2-300 ship that I never ever see anymore(care to take a stab at what scandal im speaking of) anyhow we get free camos here and there whoopty whoo..we get nickel and dimed to death..it should not cost 25 doubloons jus to change out a engine boost mod to a dmg control party mod..why is it u have to get a build and then if u decide u wanna try sumthing diff u have to pay to do that..charging for ships i get..spending doubloons on loot crates or whatever u call it i dont like it but i get..but the 25 here the 25 there hell even u changing ur ingame name cost roughly $25..REALLY..every other game ive played hasnt charged me a penny to do that..again what do the players really get for exchange of all this time we spend in this game..I am just shocked that people still play this game in the numbers that do..cause so much is left to be desired from this company..

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,220 battles
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I still brawl a lot.  You gotta adjust to the meta...and pick you moments.  Not the same as before.  But it's still a thing.

I truly applaud your effort to keep at it, and you are doing VERY well in the Mass, but not nearly as well in the Germans it seems. And I would be VERY curious to see if you can make a ship like the Pomm work. She had been a favorite of mine before 10.0 but looking over our stats (and you're a step better than I am overall at the game,) we seem to both really be struggling with the German BBs compared to our other ships. We both have played exclusively solo in the last 21 days, I have 155 matches, you have 167. And here's some interesting ship comparisons between us. These stats are current on the wows-numbers site, and since you're a unicum player and I'm (maybe stretching to call myself very good,) I don't think either of have any shame over our overall stats by any stretch.

However, I do think these stats make a good point. For those wonder the stats are: Ship Tier, # of battles, win %, Player Rating, Avg Dmg, Avg Kills, Avg Plane Kills 

thearc-soshi-pomm.thumb.jpg.7333e88bfc9d4727f9086c9a26f1df44.jpg

thearc-soshi-fdg.thumb.jpg.037d846a47d43f1544d4d0a045b1eb0c.jpg

I'm rather surprised to see that we both do more damage in the Tier 5 Giulio Cesare then we are doing in the Tier 10 Gross Kurf. Granted I only took my Kurf out the once to get my RB points off it and then I've shelved her just because I don't find the secondary ships to be fun anymore. But to have a 5 tier difference and still be posting more damage in the GC is surprising.

thearc-soshi-gk-gc.thumb.jpg.39f5309e34cb16d44c9493a668175709.jpg

Thoughts? I'd really be curious if you can make a ship like the Pomm, or perhaps the Odin work in 10.0

FWIW, I find the sit at range with Dead Eye BBs just boring and easy. I also think that 10.0 rewards it far too greatly. For comparison, here's what I did with three high Tier BBs (maybe the Petro counts as 4...) that I've only played once since 10.0 - though I think I'm going to try the Musashi in ranked...

thearc-deye.thumb.JPG.6eef159932663a44add807d191bf0c7c.JPG 

Anyway Soshi, I really am curious to see if you can make the non US secondary BBs effective with the current meta too. Sure we all have a good game here or there, but overall are they even close to what they were? Are they even close to what the non-secondary BBs can do? And just to be totally clear - I do think that secondary ships deserved a bit of a nerf (and the Smolensk too.) But I also think they took it too far with how much survivability has to be sacrificed, the loss of those skill choices really shows at high tier IMO.

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles
8 hours ago, King_Zacarias said:

Sub T8 is fine, still fun, few snipers... the game is a lot more than T10.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

AS a COOP main, I'm at that point where this skill tree change has even affected COOP.....  Why>?  Because brawling is King in COOP and it has been "affected to the point that Brawling isn't as effective....."  and, that means more games have to be played.   Not to mention, the influx of PVP players whom are disenfranchised and are now invading COOP.....!   I had to Blacklist several yesterday.  The other night, I had to ask my Grandson to leave his "XO" chain because the chat content was so extreme in adult and social content (players trying to "cancel" other players....) he had to leave......   All were blacklisted. But, I am seeing more and more "bullying" in COOP.....

My Yamato is not longer the ship she was.........what a shame.

That's probably true, however, it will reach a crescendo, and then go back towards the way it was. (although not all the way)

As you say, brawling is king. (or was) That's part of the issue, no playstyle should be king.

It's not like you can't brawl anymore, it's just that main guns play a greater part now.

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,788 battles

From my perspective, the game has evolved. What worked before may not work as well now. 
I still have a lot of fun with the game, but using ships that I was terrible at before. Some of my old stand by botes are certainly less fun, or play differently to be successful. But other ships are tremendous fun. Destroyers as a class are way more fun for me to play now, post rework. 

I still do fine with battleships - they played potato styles before, so I still push flanks and find the winning teams are still the ones whose DDs spot well and BBs play aggressive.

Cruisers appear to have been caught in the squeeze however. Once my “go to” class, they are quite difficult to play as. More “tactful” play seems to be the way to go there.

Members
150 posts
1,494 battles

Just a reminder that if you're going to take a break, make it at least 90 days and abuse the returning captain bonuses. At least take some free stuff from them. 

Edited by BasedCoomer
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,353 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

I truly applaud your effort to keep at it, and you are doing VERY well in the Mass, but not nearly as well in the Germans it seems. And I would be VERY curious to see if you can make a ship like the Pomm work.

I'm rather surprised to see that we both do more damage in the Tier 5 Giulio Cesare then we are doing in the Tier 10 Gross Kurf. Granted I only took my Kurf out the once to get my RB points off it and then I've shelved her just because I don't find the secondary ships to be fun anymore. But to have a 5 tier difference and still be posting more damage in the GC is surprising.

Thoughts? I'd really be curious if you can make a ship like the Pomm, or perhaps the Odin work in 10.0

FWIW, I find the sit at range with Dead Eye BBs just boring and easy. I also think that 10.0 rewards it far too greatly. For comparison, here's what I did with there high Tier BBs that I've only played once since 10.0 - though I think I'm going to try the Musashi in ranked...

Anyway Soshi, I really am curious to see if you can make the non US secondary BBs effective with the current meta too. Sure we all have a good game here or there, but overall are they even close to what they were? Are they even close to what the non-secondary BBs can do? And just to be totally clear - I do think that secondary ships deserved a bit of a nerf (and the Smolensk too.) But I also think they took it too far with how much survivability has to be sacrificed, the loss of those skill choices really shows at high tier IMO.

I've yet to get Pomm to work in the new Meta, and I even run Lutj on it at 21.

One thing I've found about my GK play is that while I don't do well damage or points-wise, my play seems to help my team win.  For example, on several games I've pushed up, got a LOT of attention...then hide behind some land mass like a CA.  My PT meter will peg at 5 or 6....but they can't get many shots in.  So it can sort of be a "fleet in being" thing.  Then again, it might just be a statistical qwerk of MM.  I also don't play much 9 or 10 ships.  The 8s are my sweet spot, even when bottom tier'd.  And I've found the Biz to do just as well as the GK in the fleet-in-being mode...at less cost tier wise. 

The GC is simply OP at T5 half the time.  Blapping the citidel of seals...does...well....cause lots of damage...vice all the ranged bouncing you get in higher tiers.

My main U.S. BB play is mid tier...I like the WV and CA.  And the new meta really isn't a thing there when equal or top tier.  That said, while I do push with those ships here and there, they are more of a mid to long range play style anyway.  You'll also see me play the mid tier UK as well.  QE, KGV. They too kinda have a mid to long range style.  And Hood...

....that's another ship I've yet to figure out in the new meta.  It used to do well as a push/kite play.  But in the new meta, push gets you focused...and since the enemy often won't push, the kite opportunities evaporate.  So....can't push...can't kite...can't snipe...so....?????  Maybe drive around in the backfield really really fast and drawing fire?

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles
5 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I've yet to get Pomm to work in the new Meta, and I even run Lutj on it at 21.

One thing I've found about my GK play is that while I don't do well damage or points-wise, my play seems to help my team win.  For example, on several games I've pushed up, got a LOT of attention...then hide behind some land mass like a CA.  My PT meter will peg at 5 or 6....but they can't get many shots in.  So it can sort of be a "fleet in being" thing.  Then again, it might just be a statistical qwerk of MM.  I also don't play much 9 or 10 ships.  The 8s are my sweet spot, even when bottom tier'd.  And I've found the Biz to do just as well as the GK in the fleet-in-being mode...at less cost tier wise. 

I think something similar happens to me with my Russian BBs (Sinop), I don't feel I do really meaningful damage/kills with them but I end wininng a lot. I think it is a case of "being where you are supposed to be", meaning the pitiful range and dispersion force me to always be "up there" in the thick of the action. Being "forward" as a BB has the effect of pushing the enemy backwards, creating breathing space for your light units to win the cap contest. Just being where you need to be has a big impact on the game flow.

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,220 battles
54 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I've yet to get Pomm to work in the new Meta, and I even run Lutj on it at 21. One thing I've found about my GK play is that while I don't do well damage or points-wise, my play seems to help my team win. 

I've got Lutj on the German line too, (and FWIW have 21pt Halsey on the US line,) and like yourself I was able to contribute enough by just being a solid target (in my FDG rather than GK,) in order to get some wins, but the ship simply doesn't perform that well by comparison to others at tier 10. And like yourself that is with THE best commander at max skills, by the two of us who are at least very good players - and very experienced at secondary ship play. We both have around 2000 secondary BB (US & Germany) battles from tier 8-10, but aside from your stats in the Mass, neither of us are doing as well in any other ships. Your Biz stats are close, but your dmg, kills & PR are all down at least a step from where they were. 

And we both know that sometimes a  good player can hide or compensate for issues at lower tier that become truly glaring problems at higher ones.

And I wholly agree the GC is a monster at tier 5, definitely OP and I wish WG had offered refunds to players if they wanted it and nerfed her like she deserved... instead, we're getting this kind of sideways sly method of nerfing now. But still, should a tier 5 BB do more damage than a tier 10, ever? The secondaries on the German line were always part of what compensated for the lack of main gun power. Yes the armor is still good in close, and being skilled enough to tank damage well for your team still exists, but how long will that last before folks realize that the GK just isn't the threat she was? Because she just pales in comparison for any kind of offensive power now. 

39 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I think something similar happens to me with my Russian BBs (Sinop), I don't feel I do really meaningful damage/kills with them...

Have you tried DeadEye yet on her?

Edited by TheArc

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,510 battles
15 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Have you tried DeadEye yet on her?

Nop, at 14 points it is CE+DE or FP+extra DCP/Heal... I'm going survival.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,511 posts
2,180 battles

I know this isn't based on realism but most naval ship battles weren't that close to each other :Smile_child: When CV came along that whole battleship fighting other ships went out the way of the dodo :Smile_hiding:   But if deadeye makes enough stop playing they will change it :etc_red_button:

[WKY04]
Members
3,879 posts
24,886 battles

From a point of view of experience attrition, the CV rework was much worse, but the point is taken, it aint good. 

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,220 battles
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Nop, at 14 points it is CE+DE or FP+extra DCP/Heal... I'm going survival.

Seriously, total game changer for the RU BBs from T7 up. Such an improvement in accuracy over 14km that I wonder if it's bugged.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,342 posts
19,353 battles
18 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Just being where you need to be has a big impact on the game flow.

Perhaps one of the unsung (and unrewarded...points wise) part of the game.  Another case in point is a game I was part of where a single DD held up five ships on a flank while the flank I was on (where we had big advantage), we were able to roll and eventually flank the other side.  That DD landed like third from bottom on the points board.  But, based on what I could see on the MM, he played it perfectly.  Reds knew he was there, and he was obviously pumping out torps...not many hit...but the Reds were very lethargic in their maneuvers...playing it safe...inching forward.  But we flanked 'em....and it was all over.

Gave the DD Karma for that.  But I'm sure many of those game-winning strategies (of just being where you need to be to impact the game flow) often go unrewarded and even unnoticed.

Well, I say unrewarded.  The reward is the win.  

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,208 posts
13,220 battles
55 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

But I'm sure many of those game-winning strategies (of just being where you need to be to impact the game flow) often go unrewarded and even unnoticed. Well, I say unrewarded.  The reward is the win.  

That ultimately is my issue with the way WG has guided the meta. Like you, I play for the W.

And while WG gives winning a boost, the biggest XP & credit rewards are more often for the player sitting in the back, win or lose, who just damage farms. Or the CV player who doesn't spot or drop fighters, but goes after the juiciest target for damage, rather than really trying to be a team player and win the match. The DD that works hard to deny a flank, or does a LOT of spotting for the team gets little in the way of XP or credits when compared to the BB hugging the wall who never tanks any damage and never bothers to defend or contest a cap. 

Yes, 10.0 skill changes made all that worse IMO, but it was only another part of the problem that's been going on for some time with the game mechanic.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles
21 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

the game has evolved

In nature, many evolution paths lead to a dead end and to extinction.

• Boring 1