Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pacific_Voyager

DIDO class CL (UK)

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
152 posts
14,391 battles

While reading about the Mediterranean theater naval fights, I found this interesting class of 16 British light cruisers. Fire power would make it similar to the Atlanta. Interesting histories from all the class. Just spitballing here, but one of the class could fit in at tier VII. One of the class, HMS Royalist saw service post WW2 with the New Zealand Navy, so we could have her in the Commonwealth tree. 

• Thanks 2

[CK5]
Members
1,526 posts
16,305 battles

Yes, the Dido class has been mentioned by players for years (seriously), but no action yet by WG.  I personally would like to see the ship offered.  

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,955 posts
15,815 battles

It's been well requested (my own suggestion was apparently archived due to an arbitrary forum rework), and as noted has been in WOWS Blitz for some time, added about October 2018 if memory serves.

The firepower isn't really similar to Atlanta, 10 guns firing at 9 RPM vs. 14 guns firing at 12 RPM. Dido's more like a Nurnberg in firepower, and she's a very light ship and hull and probably not T7 capable without a whole raft of bolted-on consumables.

I'm super keen on WG adding her, but apparently the class is either ignored, or being held back to keep the history enthusiasts interested.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,207 posts
19,108 battles
3 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yes, the Dido class has been mentioned by players for years (seriously), but no action yet by WG. 

Too busy creating Russian ships from thin air (ran out of napkin sketches long ago) to worry about ships that actually existed. 

And then there are the never-were ships from all the other nations.

• Boring 2

[_I_]
Members
64 posts

The Didos and Bellonas were important ships, but being AA-focused in mid-tiers, under the Wargaming CV Uber Alles banner, just won't fly.

• Cool 1

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,989 battles

Count me with those history enthusiasts.  I would REALLY like to see the Dido class ships added to the game.  I'd rather get one Dido class ship added, than another 10 paper ships.  Others can reasonably disagree, but that's my vote.

Beta Testers
98 posts
7,314 battles

I expect it to show up as a premium at some point since at this point I doubt they'll bother with a third UK cruiser line...though they could probably get away with it.

As my favorite UK light cruiser class I am willing to keep adding my vote to its inclusion whenever I get a chance to.

Sign in to follow this