Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sapient007

WG is fixing something.

29 comments in this topic

[B_Y_F]
Members
685 posts
15,476 battles

One of this week's mission requires some citadel ribbons. So I decided to play some co-op to farm those and relax at night. 

Guess what I found? WG was definitely busy fixing something for this patch! 

Now co-op AI CV will aim DDs without the need of detect them and land rockets right at the middle of the ship accurately! They also drop bomb much more precisely if you don't "Just Dodge™"

Thank you WG, that's definitely what we needed the most! 

And have fun co-op boys, you guys definitely miss so much CV fun at random battles. 

• Funny 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles
1 minute ago, sapient007 said:

One of this week's mission requires some citadel ribbons. So I decided to play some co-op to farm those and relax at night. 

Now co-op AI CV will aim DDs without the need of detect them and land rockets right at the middle of the ship accurately! They also drop bomb much more precisely if you don't "Just Dodge™"

And have fun co-op boys, you guys definitely miss so much CV fun at random battles. 

Bots have always known exactly where every ship is, it's just something they do.

I have seen a Bot CV get a kill in the last few weeks, so maybe their aim is improving.

Maybe if we're lucky it might mean that some of the old aircraft heavy operations could come back.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,975 posts
17,001 battles

I played 7-10 Co-op games tonight, and I have noticed nothing different.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Members
8,696 posts
12,697 battles

really? because the CVs ive faced today in Coop are still just as stupid as theyve ever been and still have the inability to hit me even if im sitting still except for every once in a blue moon and even after that, its the only time theyll hit me, every attack after that misses, dropping their torps too late that they dont arm, overshooting with both bombs and rockets

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

we have seen changes in Narai.. whether that was just tweaks to the op or general AI changes...

i am not sure in coop... i usually ignore cv's because they do little..  but the ai ships don't quite seem as brainless as usual... i see fewer cases of them rushing straight into ram each other...

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,850 battles

Cv bot aim still bad as far as I can tell. Sure once in a while that first rocket attack actually hits but 7-8 out of 10 is a miss over the top of the dd

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles

I first noticed the rocket attacks got a little better in 9.12 and then both the bombs and the rockets got even better with the 10.0 patch. It isn't every bot CV and it's mostly been higher tier.
Also, beginning with 10.0 I've noticed the bot CV drops torpedoes on the far side of a target about as often as when they first put them back in COOP.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,271 posts
12,235 battles

I don’t know if doesn’t really matter what  captain I put on what modules I use what flags I use . I always win 97% of my games in coop . None of the bots are good !

[CVA16]
Members
6,194 posts
19,082 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I played 7-10 Co-op games tonight, and I have noticed nothing different.

The bot CVs run hot or cold (still mostly cold). Most will overshoot every time with rockets even if the target cruises straight. Some will hit you even if you do dodge. Similar results from bombs or torps. This is a relatively new development but there have been several PVE threads discussing it a few months. I suppose it would be a surprise to anyone that hasn't played coop in a while.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,455 posts
20,689 battles

The bots have to cheat, they have no brains behind them. This is also exploitable as well, they do very predictable and dumb things if you feed them certain scenarios. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,561 posts

The coop CV is crap. Its the incoming fire from a focusing against you entire red team in gun range you need to watch out for.

Fortunately thats easy.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

I noticed it too last night. Not only did the cv land rockets on me for the first time ever in my dd, but it dropped fighters over my smoke and tried to torp my smoke. It also continued to try to attack me while i was undetected in spoke despit our bot bb was within 10 km of it. Heretofore the cv always attacked the ship closest to it without exception. Last night it ignored the closest ship to go after me (a dd in smoke in a cap and not closest to it). This is definitely new.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

in a match last night the red bretagne and our (bot)cv basically had a scrap at boarding range...  took me a long time to get there to help (i was also in bretagne) yet the red didn't manage to kill the cv..

[PTRGT]
Members
445 posts
55,569 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I noticed it too last night. Not only did the cv land rockets on me for the first time ever in my dd, but it dropped fighters over my smoke and tried to torp my smoke. It also continued to try to attack me while i was undetected in spoke despit our bot bb was within 10 km of it. Heretofore the cv always attacked the ship closest to it without exception. Last night it ignored the closest ship to go after me (a dd in smoke in a cap and not closest to it). This is definitely new.

That's been a thing for as long as we have CV's in the game. It seems to go away for a while but makes a return in force from time to time.

Right now its back to the CV heading right for a DD on our team.

When I'm in a DD and see the planes heading at me I've changed directions 90 degrees or more from my course only to watch the planes adjust to continue on to rocket/ bomb me. Keep in mind theses planes are 10 to 15 km OUTSIDE of my detection range so I'm not detected, I haven't fired my guns to announce my presence and they just track me. Then they just camp over my smoke  #botscheat

Members
153 posts
9 hours ago, sapient007 said:

Bot CV in Co-op are improved but still lame as a 1-legged goat, and still nowhere near the STD the human ones are in Randoms.

• Funny 1

[DOG]
Members
1,269 posts
13,118 battles
9 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Bots have always known exactly where every ship is, it's just something they do.

I have seen a Bot CV get a kill in the last few weeks, so maybe their aim is improving.

Maybe if we're lucky it might mean that some of the old aircraft heavy operations could come back.

Reading this just provoked an interesting thought.  A big part of the CV rework was that CVs now have unlimited planes.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  The 20 minute time limit means there is an effective limit based on respawn rate.  But I don't think I've ever seen a match where a CV was not able to continuously launch squadrons of at least 2-3 planes non-stop.  So even a potato CV player who YOLO's every single squadron into closely packed heavy AA ships  can continuously launch something with no down time.  He won't be doing his team much good, but he can still do it.  But the operations that had planes had a set number of them.  Pre-rework AA could be brutal with the right ships, and it can still be brutal in the form of shooting down a lot of planes.  It's just that shooting down a lot of planes no longer has the same impact in PvP matches, since you can't completely de-plane a CV.  But if you can completely de-plane an operation, they'll have to do something else to keep them challenging.  So maybe that's why they haven't re-released them yet.  

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, DeathsStalker said:

That's been a thing for as long as we have CV's in the game. It seems to go away for a while but makes a return in force from time to time.

Right now its back to the CV heading right for a DD on our team.

When I'm in a DD and see the planes heading at me I've changed directions 90 degrees or more from my course only to watch the planes adjust to continue on to rocket/ bomb me. Keep in mind theses planes are 10 to 15 km OUTSIDE of my detection range so I'm not detected, I haven't fired my guns to announce my presence and they just track me. Then they just camp over my smoke  #botscheat

Read my post. The cvs always chase (my) dds. The difference now is it actually hit me — never happened before. Also it dropped fighter above my smoke and hovered around the strike aircraft waiting for me while i was  undetected — never happened before. Finally, it chased me with planes when i was not the nearest ship — never happened before. 

This is new behavior i have never seen before.

[CVA16]
Members
6,194 posts
19,082 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

and tried to torp my smoke.

This would be a new development. 

One reason bots aren't allowed to torp your smoke (planes or ships) is they wouldn't be guessing. As has been stated above the bots know what you are, where you are, how fast you are going and if you are turning at all times (watch planes move to intercept an unseen DD). They just aren't allowed to act on that info to shoot you unless they can 'see' you. If they torped you in smoke, they would hit  you (unless you dodge). 

Played a lot of coop in smoked DDs and have never seen this. Of course some claim to have been radared by the bots and I haven't experienced that either.

Might be the bot was actually torping somebody behind you.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,561 posts

Thankfully Bots in Coop are too stupid to use radar.

Imagine the chaos if they did....

Reflects badly on our blessed programmers who were not smart enough to have the bots turn on the damn radars. We deal with them and everything else in game already for years.

[BEA5T]
Members
548 posts
17,410 battles

1.  Yes the frequency of the BOT CV planes actually getting an rocket hit have increased from ONCE IN A BLUE MOON to Every Now and Then.    :Smile_izmena:

2.  CV BOT now frequently will drop fighter planes near a cluster of BOTs if there are any "human CV player" that has sent planes near their location.  ( don't seem to see it much when there are BOT CVs on both sides)

I can say there has been an increase in the number of BOTs wins in COOP lately. :Smile_trollface:      In fact recently I actually had LOST 2 battles out of 17 that I played that day in COOP. :Smile_ohmy:    Could it be due to the increase frequency of HOT (SUPER BOT) mixed teams versus under classed mixture of Green Bots and humans ? :Smile_child::Smile-_tongue:

[HINON]
Members
8,696 posts
12,697 battles
6 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

bot CVs have always gone after the DD first if there is one, if there isnt, its a toss up on whether it goes for a CL or CA

[BEA5T]
Members
548 posts
17,410 battles
6 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

bot CVs have always gone after the DD first if there is one, if there isnt, its a toss up on whether it goes for a CL or CA

Well if you have a charging CV... they will go after it in a heart beat. 

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

This would be a new development. 

One reason bots aren't allowed to torp your smoke (planes or ships) is they wouldn't be guessing. As has been stated above the bots know what you are, where you are, how fast you are going and if you are turning at all times (watch planes move to intercept an unseen DD). They just aren't allowed to act on that info to shoot you unless they can 'see' you. If they torped you in smoke, they would hit  you (unless you dodge). 

Played a lot of coop in smoked DDs and have never seen this. Of course some claim to have been radared by the bots and I haven't experienced that either.

Might be the bot was actually torping somebody behind you.

I’ve been radared by bots before but extremely rare. But like i said i’ve never seen this behavior on a bot cv.

it doesnt have to hit you despite knowing where you are. Remember they always used to miss with rockets, like i said last night was the first time i’ve been hit with rockets, so they’re is/was something unusual going on. The bot knowing where you are is a given, it’s accuracy is not, they usually target extremely poorly be it with planes or guns (this can be seen when you have a non ram bot on bot action, it usually comes down to secondary induced fires). Remains to be seen if this weirdness keeps up.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

Bot cvs always (used to) go for the closest ship. De facto that is usually the dd. But last night it kept coming adter me despite my distance from it and a bb much closer to it “attacking it.” It was a bot so it wasn’t really shooting the cv but nevertheless by previous behavior the cv should have been attacking the bb and not me. As i sais i was even smoked and the cv was hovering its planes waiting for my smoke to end and ignoing the bb.

[CVA16]
Members
6,194 posts
19,082 battles
34 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

The bot knowing where you are is a given, it’s accuracy is not, they usually target extremely poorly be it with planes or guns (this can be seen when you have a non ram bot on bot action, it usually comes down to secondary induced fires). Remains to be seen if this weirdness keeps up.

I've had them be incredibly accurate, even when dodging and have had them miss the "can't miss" shots. There is certainly a huge RNG factor. Part of the issue bot v bot is their aiming. I think their aim point is always center hull. OK when target is broadside but not when angled and armored or when using HE.  They also don't care about damage saturation. Therefore they can be wasting a lot of salvos where a human would change the aimpoint based on the situation.

Their torps are generally pretty accurate based on you current heading. They would not miss you sitting in smoke.

To somewhat compensate, WG has given the bots those Ronson HE shells. Lights first time, every time.

Edited by Sabot_100

Sign in to follow this