You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nordlaender

Tier 9 Ships in Bronze League????  Really????

44 comments in this topic

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
536 posts
8,511 battles

I can't believe that Tier 9 ships are now allowed to populate both the Bronze League and the Silver League (where they belong). 

Whose cornflakes did WG pee in?

Is this some joke played on CV players?  Friesland cannot even be approached by T 8 planes.  Period.  And it's not alone!

Did the T 10 bunch who were losing too much decide they needed cannon fodder to pick on again so they could feel good about themselves?

Who's going to bring a Bismarck into a T 9 match, which is what the Bronze League is now?  Six T9's and one T8 CV.

The only thing worse than power creep is clique creep.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,812 posts

What do you do when you play a T8 and end up in a T9 match in random mode?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[KOTSB]
Members
217 posts
11,145 battles

I bring in my T8 dds and rack up damage and base exp on killing T9 ships. The fact that there is T9 ships is keeping the cv menace population in check this season. I love it. Saving my stars a lot more. Pick your targets wisely as the lower Teir, you can't just run in there. The lower Teir has the advantage of better concealment usually.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,101 posts
5,556 battles

That's actually amazing, Bronze has become a totally CV Free environment, not even one today. I guess the good CVs have already ranked...

BTW, I'm ranking in Albemarle, it is not easy, but it is fun!  Embrace the challenge!

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
536 posts
8,511 battles
34 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

When I play a T8 in a Random, I accept that I will be uptiered.  Always!

But when a league is created for T 8 ships and another for T 9 ships, I really don't expect T 9 players to act like cry babies and demand that they be able to play T 9 ships in the Bronze League.

Apparently, the T 9 and T 10 players are just not up for the "challenge".  As usual.

[P_O_R]
Beta Testers
132 posts
6,328 battles

I ranked out playing a lexington and while I lost more planes then a T8 it was still doable.  You just have to select your targets more carefully and not throw planes into blobs

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
244 posts
9,911 battles

The irony of this was announced a while ago, and has been true to the posts. Nowhere were people routinely asking for tier 9s to be in bronze btw.  
Are you not up for a challenge in your tier 8 then? Always being top tier? Man look at all those Tier 8 bronze players last season, why didn't they ask for tier 7s to be added to it so they could smack them around?

I see a cry baby here.  And its not a tier 9 player. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
22 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

That's actually amazing, Bronze has become a totally CV Free environment, not even one today. I guess the good CVs have already ranked...

BTW, I'm ranking in Albemarle, it is not easy, but it is fun!  Embrace the challenge!

Or you were lucky, I had one in two out of three matches.

[SALVO]
Members
7,101 posts
5,556 battles
21 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Or you were lucky, I had one in two out of three matches.

Ouch, I bet you were playing a stealthy DD or something without AA.... never fails. I bring an AA spec cruiser and there's no CV in sight

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
688 posts
10,917 battles

Thing is, if there is a tier VIII CV then there is another one on the red team. You do your best to help your team win and outplay the other CV. In ranked you only need to win. Simple. I will say that CVs have all but disappeared by the time I ranked out of bronze. However, that did not bother me too much. But I can understand why a CV player is bothered. Remember those planes are not costing you money when they get shot down. You will get some more. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
18 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Ouch, I bet you were playing a stealthy DD or something without AA.... never fails. I bring an AA spec cruiser and there's no CV in sight

Nope, seen from space BB's.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,915 battles
45 minutes ago, Nordlaender said:

But when a league is created for T 8 ships

Just because it was only T8 ships in the test season doesn't mean it was specifically created just for T8 ships...

They can make it completely different tier options each season if they want to...there's no "created for" anything type quotes from WG in regards to ranked at all...they just are what they are presently.

The other CV in bronze also has to deal w/T9 AA also so all you need to do is deal w/it better than them to advance through the bronze & silver to where you only need to deal w/T10 AA against your T10 planes...& any T8 ship (even Bismarck) has a T8 mirrored ship on the red team so it's no harder using a T8 ship in a ranked battle than it is in a random battle of T8s against T9s.

You don't nerf your team in any way because the reds get the same exact nerf as your team does.

[O7]
Supertester
394 posts
13,185 battles

MM ensures there is an equal number of T8 and T9 ships per team

Many T8 ships still perform well vs. T9 ships. 

Finally, bronze is fairly casual in terms of skill level. 

[5D]
Members
1,144 posts
15,158 battles
2 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

I can't believe that Tier 9 ships are now allowed to populate both the Bronze League and the Silver League (where they belong). 

Is this some joke played on CV players?  Friesland cannot even be approached by T 8 planes.  Period.  And it's not alone!

Did the T 10 bunch who were losing too much decide they needed cannon fodder to pick on again so they could feel good about themselves?

Who's going to bring a Bismarck into a T 9 match, which is what the Bronze League is now?  Six T9's and one T8 CV.

they says CV are OP well this one wasnt able to do a single damage to me and i shot 52 plane , what is AA ...

shot-21_02.22_18_24.18-0053.thumb.jpg.d79397f6270180d65bccf447b92eb57c.jpg

shot-21.02.22_18.23.57-0102.jpg

• Thanks 1

[--K--]
Supertester
1,490 posts
14,289 battles
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

they says CV are OP well this one wasnt able to do a single damage to me and i shot 52 plane , what is AA.... 

Congrats you found someone that doesn't know how to dodge flak. 

4 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

There are very few ships that get a huge noticeable AA increase going from T8 to T9. And you can strike anything if you Dodge flak properly, but you have to know if the strike/spotting is worth losing the planes for. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,278 posts
12,247 battles
4 hours ago, Burnsy said:

This is not random that’s the point that’s what made it good last time all tier 8 . He’s right why would you play a tier 8 unless your really looking for a challenge ?

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,596 posts
18,571 battles

The first bronze "test season" I played my Odin as I would only be facing other T8 ships and it was quite enjoyable. It's a fun ship especially when she gets to face off against other ships of the same tier. Fighting Jean Barts, Musashis, Izumos, Georgias etc would not have worked out quite as well so she sat in port. For the next bronze season I would hope that it goes back to just T8, or maybe even a lower tier like T6, just for something different. 

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,414 posts
4,969 battles
6 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

Yeah, I liked all Tier 8 better than this iteration. Having said that, consider posting this in the feedback thread (if there is one?) so it is easier for the mods/devs to find.

Personally, one of the things that made ranked different and more in many ways more fun than randoms (once you made it past the wall of salt) was the completely different meta: Not only is it 7v7 or 9v9 (or sometimes even 3v3, which was insane fun despite - or maybe even because - it just lasted one sprint), but it is a single tier. In tiers that seldomly experience single tier MM, ranked was fun exactly because it posed the challenge of figuring out how to use ships in a very different environment. Suddenly ships that were ignored or considered sub-par were good or even meta ships due to the different circumstances. Organic changes (unlike the forced changes by e.g. a complete skill rework) like this make the game and figuring things out fun (in my opinion).

Nevertheless, considering this is still a test season: leave feedback! I generally like this new approach to ranked more than the old one (granted I am a rather new player), though I think one of the best characteristics of ranked was always the "single tier" thing. But make it two-tiers and most people will bring the higher tier one, except it is a CV. And if the only concern is that there are no odd-tier CVs, then I have to say you don't have enough faith in the "rest" of your game.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,896 posts
3,497 battles
7 hours ago, dad003 said:

they says CV are OP well this one wasnt able to do a single damage to me and i shot 52 plane , what is AA ...

Cv's are not OP. They are badly implemented.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,397 posts
10,021 battles
6 hours ago, clammboy said:

This is not random that’s the point that’s what made it good last time all tier 8 

Especially for CVs....:Smile_trollface:

[SRBL]
Members
545 posts
14,308 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

I agree. I pretty much used Mush with Yamamoto and had our CV peek theirs and either sink him or cause him to focus on maneuvering instead of hitting our team. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,354 posts

Nothing is set in stone around here - part of the quirky charm of this game, in a russian sort of quirky charm sort of way.

[SALVO]
Members
3,108 posts
7,109 battles
11 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

When I play a T8 in a Random, I accept that I will be uptiered.  Always!

But when a league is created for T 8 ships and another for T 9 ships, I really don't expect T 9 players to act like cry babies and demand that they be able to play T 9 ships in the Bronze League.

Apparently, the T 9 and T 10 players are just not up for the "challenge".  As usual.

This seems kinda like entitlement speaking.   Are you seriously like a T8 player only?  Imagining that most other people only stick to 1 single tier?   Sorry but most of us hop around a lot and have ships at all tiers. 

Second absolutely nowhere does it say  " Bronze league was created for T8s " .     Its kinda funny how your writing like T9 players somehow convinced the devs to sneak em into T8. 

2 hours ago, Bandi73 said:

While I don't think its the point of the thread.... CVs are definitely OP. 

• Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,896 posts
3,497 battles
2 minutes ago, eviltane said:

While I don't think its the point of the thread.... CVs are definitely OP. 

Erm....you know my stance on this. Petro is OP. Cv's are outright dishonest, ergo badly implemented :)