You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lbfreitasBR

Devstrike a 6k HP Hipper?

11 comments in this topic

[ENB]
Members
51 posts
4,066 battles

First time i see this happens. Hipper had only 6k left when I shot. 

I had citadeled him twice, but it was about two minutes earlier (the other citadel was on the Georgia).

image.thumb.png.d8b1cbcde642cf26cd20b8b3ca0e8e13.png

image.thumb.png.0c36fb56f0e0904cfb69ffb80a9941f0.png

[_BDA_]
Members
140 posts
3,651 battles
20 minutes ago, lbfreitasBR said:

First time i see this happens. Hipper had only 6k left when I shot. 

I had citadeled him twice, but it was about two minutes earlier (the other citadel was on the Georgia).

image.thumb.png.d8b1cbcde642cf26cd20b8b3ca0e8e13.png

image.thumb.png.0c36fb56f0e0904cfb69ffb80a9941f0.png

I have no idea what the mechanics behind getting a dev strike are but so far as I can tell (this has happened to me before). If take off a majority of a ship's health (or all, I'm not too sure) in a few salvos then it still qualifies as a dev strike, though don't quote me on that one.

Beta Testers
907 posts
14,400 battles

I got a Dev strike last night on a DD that only had 1-2k hp left and I hadn't hit him before. Weird stuff happening.

Got a pink too from apparently torping a DD that was at my stern. Checked the after battle and did roughly 4k damage to him, how I have no idea.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,849 posts
14,882 battles

My guess is the game glitched so you got a little extra experience. You might want to put in a ticket but I am also going to guess that this is random and near impossible to recreate.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,106 posts
11,764 battles

I believe this is a known issue since the last patch. Devstrikes getting handed out like it’s an Oprah episode

• Cool 1

[ENB]
Members
51 posts
4,066 battles
1 hour ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

I have no idea what the mechanics behind getting a dev strike are but so far as I can tell (this has happened to me before). If take off a majority of a ship's health (or all, I'm not too sure) in a few salvos then it still qualifies as a dev strike, though don't quote me on that one.

In theory: 

Devastating Strike

Destroy an enemy ship with a SINGLE artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.

Edited by lbfreitasBR

[ENB]
Members
51 posts
4,066 battles
1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I believe this is a known issue since the last patch. Devstrikes getting handed out like it’s an Oprah episode

did not know that, thanks!

[PUMA]
Members
165 posts
10,092 battles

Ye,,I had similar incident, I had Kita and troped Alsas, Alsas ate 3 torps and flooding for good >20 secs, and died because of the flooding. I got devstike.

Weird.

Members
130 posts
252 battles

DevStrikes are bugged for several patches already. Sometimes you get them when you shouldn't, sometimes you don't get them when you should.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,322 posts
17,285 battles
6 hours ago, TYPHOON0216 said:

Ye,,I had similar incident, I had Kita and troped Alsas, Alsas ate 3 torps and flooding for good >20 secs, and died because of the flooding. I got devstike.

Weird.

Kitakaze torps are quite mean. Depending on what health he was on before you started, where you hit him and which torps you used, 3 x IJN torps (especially if outside the torpedo belt) and a flood (especially if it was double) taking more than half an Alsace's health doesn't seem beyond the bounds of possibility.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,543 posts
11,014 battles
9 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

In theory: 

Devastating Strike

Destroy an enemy ship with a SINGLE artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.

That is the description, yes, but it’s actually a matter of dealing that amount of damage in a certain short period of time. Case in point: I’ve gotten Devastating Strike and Close Quarters Expert achievements at the same time when I’ve landed a big salvo and my secondaries dealt the killing blow.