Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lbfreitasBR

Devstrike a 6k HP Hipper?

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

106
[TR3TA]
Members
208 posts
7,689 battles

First time i see this happens. Hipper had only 6k left when I shot. 

I had citadeled him twice, but it was about two minutes earlier (the other citadel was on the Georgia).

 

image.thumb.png.d8b1cbcde642cf26cd20b8b3ca0e8e13.png

 

image.thumb.png.0c36fb56f0e0904cfb69ffb80a9941f0.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[AFK-2]
Members
509 posts
5,735 battles
20 minutes ago, lbfreitasBR said:

First time i see this happens. Hipper had only 6k left when I shot. 

I had citadeled him twice, but it was about two minutes earlier (the other citadel was on the Georgia).

 

image.thumb.png.d8b1cbcde642cf26cd20b8b3ca0e8e13.png

 

image.thumb.png.0c36fb56f0e0904cfb69ffb80a9941f0.png

 

 

I have no idea what the mechanics behind getting a dev strike are but so far as I can tell (this has happened to me before). If take off a majority of a ship's health (or all, I'm not too sure) in a few salvos then it still qualifies as a dev strike, though don't quote me on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,164 posts
16,516 battles

I got a Dev strike last night on a DD that only had 1-2k hp left and I hadn't hit him before. Weird stuff happening.

Got a pink too from apparently torping a DD that was at my stern. Checked the after battle and did roughly 4k damage to him, how I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,132
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,665 posts
15,081 battles

My guess is the game glitched so you got a little extra experience. You might want to put in a ticket but I am also going to guess that this is random and near impossible to recreate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
438
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles

I believe this is a known issue since the last patch. Devstrikes getting handed out like it’s an Oprah episode

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[TR3TA]
Members
208 posts
7,689 battles
1 hour ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

I have no idea what the mechanics behind getting a dev strike are but so far as I can tell (this has happened to me before). If take off a majority of a ship's health (or all, I'm not too sure) in a few salvos then it still qualifies as a dev strike, though don't quote me on that one.

In theory: 

Devastating Strike

Destroy an enemy ship with a SINGLE artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.

Edited by lbfreitasBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[TR3TA]
Members
208 posts
7,689 battles
1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I believe this is a known issue since the last patch. Devstrikes getting handed out like it’s an Oprah episode

did not know that, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
120
[PUMA]
Members
262 posts
14,272 battles

Ye,,I had similar incident, I had Kita and troped Alsas, Alsas ate 3 torps and flooding for good >20 secs, and died because of the flooding. I got devstike.

Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
504 posts

DevStrikes are bugged for several patches already. Sometimes you get them when you shouldn't, sometimes you don't get them when you should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,279
[ARGSY]
Members
28,880 posts
24,913 battles
6 hours ago, TYPHOON0216 said:

Ye,,I had similar incident, I had Kita and troped Alsas, Alsas ate 3 torps and flooding for good >20 secs, and died because of the flooding. I got devstike.

Weird.

Kitakaze torps are quite mean. Depending on what health he was on before you started, where you hit him and which torps you used, 3 x IJN torps (especially if outside the torpedo belt) and a flood (especially if it was double) taking more than half an Alsace's health doesn't seem beyond the bounds of possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,854
[WOLFC]
Members
4,944 posts
14,766 battles
9 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

In theory: 

Devastating Strike

Destroy an enemy ship with a SINGLE artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal HP.

That is the description, yes, but it’s actually a matter of dealing that amount of damage in a certain short period of time. Case in point: I’ve gotten Devastating Strike and Close Quarters Expert achievements at the same time when I’ve landed a big salvo and my secondaries dealt the killing blow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×