You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Detonations... c'mon

26 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

Yeah use the flags I know so you can save it.

It's hard enough to play aggressive for your team in a DD that is open to everything including a constipated seagull that can kill you.

Lowest health but highest risk if expected to Cap,  spot, area deny and scout ( god forbid get kills too)  in this new meta.. But that just isn't tough enough???

Since the latest patch I have detonated at LEAST once a day.

NEVER from the great fight I am in,  but some lucky shot from some 3rd or 4th party from a mile away.

Epic battle..  classic knife fight , me against a smalland.. too close to call... I get him with a torp.. it's coming to an end ..

DETONATE from some ship 20 km away.

We play this game to FIGHT

Stop with all the magic [edited]!

This has been the game for me at least since the last patch.

I KNOW something has changed!

Funny i NEVER see the back line campers Detonate....  Never see those island campers I catch sleeping Detonate.

Aggressive play is now rewarded by Radar , SAP, CV and now constant threat of Detonations.

I don't want to go back to long distance torping and hiding all the time.. that is BORING!

If I keep getting detonated everytime I get into a knife fight then that is what I will do.

If I die honestly that's cool// but a [edited] mechanic??  The lowest HP ships in the game??

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,757 posts
8 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Yeah use the flags I know

You sure?

• Funny 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,802 posts
12,597 battles
19 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

It's hard enough to play aggressive for your team in a DD that is open to everything including a constipated seagull that can kill you.

Lowest health but highest risk if expected to Cap,  spot, area deny and scout ( god forbid get kills too)  in this new meta.. But that just isn't tough enough???

NEVER from the great fight I am in,  but some lucky shot from some 3rd or 4th party from a mile away.

Epic battle..  classic knife fight , me against a smalland.. too close to call... I get him with a torp.. it's coming to an end ..

Funny i NEVER see the back line campers Detonate....  Never see those island campers I catch sleeping Detonate. 

Aggressive play is now rewarded by Radar , SAP, CV and now constant threat of Detonations. 

I don't want to go back to long distance torping and hiding all the time.. that is BORING! 

If I keep getting detonated everytime I get into a knife fight then that is what I will do. 

If I die honestly that's cool// but a [edited] mechanic??  The lowest HP ships in the game?? 

I mean... the reason those people you mentioned... back line, island campers... never detonating... could be because they're wearing det flags and completely not dependent on RNG too, right?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles

I only use the Detonation flags during Naval battles , Ranked , or the very few times I play in clan battles . In random I barley every get detonated but I'm in a BB most of the time if I was in a DD I might use them I have a lot of them .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,954 posts
5,510 battles

My DDs go with Magzine mod in slot 1. Even then, I've got detonated. 

If it helps you wash the salt easier, being in the front lines has a greater risk of detonation because you are already taking damage (and piling up module damage). Usually, when you get detonated what you don't realize at the time is the regular damage would have killed you all the same, or at least left you severely crippled. The detonation is just Firework, most of the time (in a DD) you would have died anyway.

[GOOF]
Members
816 posts
6,791 battles

Or the playstyle of sitting at the spawn point and lobbing salvos 20km is being encouraged.   

It's uncalled for it's not fun and not fair to players who don't have the ability/range to affect the bb 20km away.

Just like a CV can strike anywhere on the map but a DD can't even find them.

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
852 posts
6,620 battles

I've complained about detonations since the game's release, at least they are far less common now :Smile_veryhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,876 posts
14,882 battles
Just now, mrmariokartguy said:

I've complained about detonations since the game's release, at least they are far less common now :Smile_veryhappy:

Even before the flag or the module the rate was around 2% of matches played by a player and maybe 4% for DD's only. That is not very common, less common than rolling snake eyes or box cars with a pair of dice.

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
852 posts
6,620 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Even before the flag or the module the rate was around 2% of matches played by a player and maybe 4% for DD's only. That is not very common, less common than rolling snake eyes or box cars with a pair of dice.

It was around 4%, yeah.

But that's high enough for it to be somewhat common to detonate more than once in a day. The kicker was that you only could get det flags once every 24 hours, so two dets in a day only got you 10 flags. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,123 posts
29,108 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

There's nothing B S about detonations.  They're 100% real, not some sort of magical gimmick.   Deal with it.  

I  get detonated every so often, but I just take the flags and move onto the next battle, and not come here to whine about it.

As for something being changed, I don't see it, and I play plenty of DDs (my most played ship type).

• Cool 1

Members
682 posts
220 battles

And in a previous post, we see DD's do this.

image.png.6c41b4fb34dc9a479dfee3e1b49d038b.png

Must be a lot of seagulls out there.

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
356 posts
25,037 battles

Is it true that players don't get detonation in Operations?  I've seen bots detonated Operations though.  During my T7 dd grind in current active Narai op, no detonation.

Members
431 posts
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

It's obvious with meta changes that WOW embraces anything that screws over DDs and makes the game easier for the WOW cash cow BBs.  Embrace the suck, or play brainless cash cow BBs.

• Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,876 posts
14,882 battles
49 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There's nothing B S about detonations.  They're 100% real, not some sort of magical gimmick.   Deal with it.  

I  get detonated every so often, but I just take the flags and move onto the next battle, and not come here to whine about it.

As for something being changed, I don't see it, and I play plenty of DDs (my most played ship type).

Very real, just ask the Hood about them. Drachinfel did an excellent job in showing why that shell penetrated.

35 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

And in a previous post, we see DD's do this.

image.png.6c41b4fb34dc9a479dfee3e1b49d038b.png

Must be a lot of seagulls out there.

They can be brutal when you are eating fries so maybe the OP needs to leave them off the menu when he is playing. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,774 battles
28 minutes ago, nhf said:

It's obvious with meta changes that WOW embraces anything that screws over DDs and makes the game easier for the WOW cash cow BBs.  Embrace the suck, or play brainless cash cow BBs.

To be honest, the Captain Skills rework has only made Cruisers difficult to play. I go to DDs now when I need a winning streak. They are much more fun to play: torpedo boats / DD hunters / gunboats. Get a torpedo boat into the “backfield” and all those Deadeye BBs are easy kills.

[SIMP]
Members
1,640 posts
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

It's the B S 'double sekret' coding WeeGee uses for game 'balance'. You must have been doing too well in the eyes of the ai, so DET for joo!

I'm serious, WeeGee has coding running in the background to try to 'even steven' points across an entire team - miracle detonations are just one tool it uses.

Edited by capncrunch21

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,876 posts
14,882 battles
2 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

To be honest, the Captain Skills rework has only made Cruisers difficult to play. I go to DDs now when I need a winning streak. They are much more fun to play: torpedo boats / DD hunters / gunboats. Get a torpedo boat into the “backfield” and all those Deadeye BBs are easy kills.

DD's don't have to take points from other places to buff their AA like BB's & cruisers have to.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,913 battles

As a DD main i can understand his frustration, when i don't run the flag 1in 5 maybe 1 in 6 games i will detonate and its normally at the start of the game engaging another DD over a cap. The chance to det is abit high for dd's and the rare times it happens two games in a row is rage worthy lol.

[-VT-]
Members
1,170 posts
28,782 battles

They should add a new check the chance of a Detonation increases the further you are from the objective circle, if in a circle you cant be detonated, take that you Dead Eyed Dummy

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,369 posts
13,731 battles

My only complaint about detonation is the animation doesn't do its justice.

MAKE IT BIGGER!

• Cool 1