You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas

Get gud, carry harder? lol fix the MM already

204 comments in this topic

Members
54 posts
3,211 battles

image.thumb.png.65c30296bd6733396b408b729931b19e.png

2039 xp in a loss.

This can be a very frustrating game. Please fix the MM. Just the smallest tweak to provide a touch of balance would go a very long way to aiding with player retention. 

If I weren't on this team, this would have been one more blowout in a long string of losses for most of the players on my team.

The player base will not improve, but at least the MM can.

Edited by Harmonieux
typo
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 5

[SALVO]
Members
6,899 posts
5,447 battles

FFS... this thread again... 

Is it Ranked or what that flushed all them out?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,709 posts
21,754 battles

OTOH, if the rest of your team weren't like that, you wouldn't have gotten that 2039 BXP game!

Right? :cap_book:

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,684 posts
10,069 battles

OP, you do realize that there will always be some games where you carried hard but ended up losing anyway? No matter what the MM is like.

Members
54 posts
3,211 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

FFS... this thread again... 

Is it Ranked or what that flushed all them out?

MM needs a tweak. That's why these threads exist. If it was a decent system, there would be fewer complaints.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 8

Members
54 posts
3,211 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

OP, you do realize that there will always be some games where you carried hard but ended up losing anyway? No matter what the MM is like.

Of course I know that. The point is still valid, though. A slightly more balanced MM isn't a tall order.

• Meh 4

[WOLF7]
Members
875 posts

Sometimes, even with being better equipped, better armed, better trained, more skilled, more experienced, having superior numbers, you still lose. That has been true with any sport, battle, contest, or competition of any kind since the beginning of time. When that happens, go get a cold drink, take a break for 5 minutes and come back load into the next battle.  :fish_viking:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

i'd be happy with that...      every time i join a random... it's like Magnum...  look at the keys not the dogs...

I tell myself, worry about my own game and be satisfied if I have a good game... win or lose... i can do absolutely nothing about everyone else in the game cept shoot a few of them..

if i can't do that, i go to coop

• Thanks 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,684 posts
10,069 battles
2 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

MM needs a tweak. That's why these threads exist. If it was a decent system, there would be fewer complaints.

But your complaint has nothing to do with MM implementation. Sure, nobody likes losing after doing well, but these things do happen, and always will, no matter how the teams are balanced. You see that, right?

• Cool 1

Members
54 posts
3,211 battles
1 minute ago, HamAndCheez said:

Sometimes, even with being better equipped, better armed, better trained, more skilled, more experienced, having superior numbers, you still lose. That has been true with any sport, battle, contest, or competition of any kind since the beginning of time. When that happens, go get a cold drink, take a break for 5 minutes and come back load into the next battle.  :fish_viking:

I'm not asking for advice, just a *slight* tweak to MM to balance teams just a teensy tiny bit better.

• Meh 3

[SALVO]
Members
6,899 posts
5,447 battles
1 minute ago, Harmonieux said:

There's no tweak to solve what torment you guys. Blowouts happens for a variety of circumstances, not just by "skill" disparity. Whatever fix you think will fix it... it won't, it would cause even more trouble. GG, you did great but your team sucked hard... happens to every one, sometime or another, that's the nature of Random teams.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,101 posts
29,035 battles
5 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

What you're really saying is that you want skill based MM, whether you realize or admit it or not.  But WG has never shown any interest whatsoever in SBMM.

Members
54 posts
3,211 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

But your complaint has nothing to do with MM implementation. Sure, nobody likes losing after doing well, but these things do happen, and always will, no matter how the teams are balanced. You see that, right?

God, I love gaming forums. No complaint about the game is ever valid.

I understand that these games happen, I'm just using this one small example to advocate for a better MM system, which is something that a lot of players would like to see. Please spare me your advice about the nature of randomness or whatever makes you feel smart.

Anyway, have fun arguing that everything is just fine.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[WOLFC]
Members
2,338 posts
24 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

The player base will not improve...

People do get better in ships the more they play them.

Which is one reason, among many, why MM can't really fix what ails you.  The variables involved in each match are way to numerous for skill based to be the only decision factor in quality of play.

BTW, the counterargument to you is not "everything is fine"

The counterargument is what you think is the solution to your problem with things won't fix your problem.

Edited by Anonymous50

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
848 posts
6,598 battles

What "better" MM system do you want that isn't skill-based matchmaking? 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
2 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

I understand that these games happen, I'm just using this one small example to advocate for a better MM system, which is something that a lot of players would like to see. Please spare me your advice about the nature of randomness or whatever makes you feel smart.

its you vs 23 other ppl...   lets hear your solution

randoms will always be randoms, anything close to sbmm will be in ranked or whatever competitive mode they dream up, don't delude your self to think that random will ever be changed 

[SALVO]
Members
6,899 posts
5,447 battles
4 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

have fun arguing that everything is just fine.

It isn't about everything being fine or not... it is about being what it is, what it is meant to be.

You are playing a game that teams you up with random players from a common undiscriminated pool, in a heavy RNG influenced environment. It can't be anything else than what it is.

It would make more sense if you ask for some other game mode that fits your expectation. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,826 posts
7 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

but this isnt an example of anything. Its one picture of a GG loss.

there is not even one tiny piece of data of even the smallest sample size about how the teams were or were not composed of to link it to a MM complaint.

nor have you given the slightest details how you would like it 'improved'. "I want slightly better" is lacking every specific possible.

I want a slightly more balanced complaint.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,712 posts
26,070 battles
30 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

image.thumb.png.65c30296bd6733396b408b729931b19e.png

2039 xp in a loss.

This can be a very frustrating game. Please fix the MM. Just the smallest tweak to provide a touch of balance would go a very long way to aiding with player retention. 

If I weren't on this team, this would have been one more blowout in a long string of losses for most of the players on my team.

The player base will not improve, but at least the MM can.

I get OP. I have days where I cant lose a game and end the day with an amazing win rate and days where no matter my contribution, my team loses and I have a miserable win rate. 

It would be more comfortable to play a game with a 50% winrate entering each match. Instead I've had 33% win rate days and 85% win rate days. The scary part is that is no exaggeration. Logging on to feel like you'll win every single game or lose every single game is not fun. Clearly I've played the game enough, nearly 21,000 random battles, to have cemented myself at about 53% winrate. However, that 53% does not feel accurate when an entire days gaming feels pre- decided. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,964 posts
16,940 battles
20 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

hat's why these threads exist. If it was a decent system, there would be fewer complaints.

You must be new to the internet.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,584 posts
18,500 battles

OP great game! Nothing I can say will make the loss any better, and it sucks that it was a loss, but great results regardless. MM will never change unfortunately so maybe division up with other good players and minimize the chances of these type of losses happening again. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
17,620 battles
11 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

So this is simply another one of those posts where people either should agree with you or not bother responding at all?  That's certainly what it sounds like...........

[WSUND]
Members
16 posts
12,658 battles

I agree with making MM better...because it can be done.

It will not change that we have great games and still lose.

But why not use better logic and conditions for MM...personally that would have been a better use of time that the current captain rework.

Fewer blowouts would be better for everyone.

Yes it hits the forums alot but maybe someone will notice and if not, it gives the resident  "forum lords" a chance to speak their wisdom.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

and there's the thinly veiled slight against those that do not agree....