Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ralph090

Ship's Mascots

8 comments in this topic

[DOINK]
Members
23 posts
2,232 battles
Throughout history crews have kept animals like dogs and especially cats as ships' mascots to hunt down rodents, bring good luck, and hang out with the men. WG should add unlockable ones. It wouldn't be a big bonus or anything. Maybe like +1% to some aspect of the ship. There could be a 3D model of them that would run around on your ship's decks during battle and you could see them and pet them in port. And there are tons of them throughout history to choose from. Besides, who doesn't like cats?

They could add in the dog Lucky, the mascot of USS Atlanta that was known for running up and down the ship's decks and barking furiously at enemy aircraft during battle, and putting him on a ship gives you +1% to your AA damage, or Unsinkable Sam, the cat that (allegedly) started out as the Bismarck's ship's cat and was picked up by HMS Cossack after Bismarck sank, then by Ark Royal after Cossack sank, then HMS Lightning after Ark Royal sank, then HMS Legion, both of which would later sink, before being sent to the Governor of Gibraltar and then retiring to a home for old sailors in Belfast, neither of which sank. He could make you take +1% flooding damage, perfect for adrenaline rush builds.

Edit: or they can be cosmetic only. I put in the stat bonus because I thought it would be thematic for the various animals and their careers and would differentiate them from each other (also having a cat who had every ship he served on get sunk make your ship sink faster when he's on it seemed kinda funny to me). Really I just want a cat on my battleship.
Edited by Ralph090

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
5 minutes ago, Ralph090 said:
Throughout history crews have kept animals like dogs and especially cats as ships' mascots to hunt down rodents, bring good luck, and hang out with the men. WG should add unlockable ones. It wouldn't be a big bonus or anything. Maybe like +1% to some aspect of the ship. There could be a 3D model of them that would run around on your ship's decks during battle and you could see them and pet them in port. And there are tons of them throughout history to choose from. Besides, who doesn't like cats?

They could add in the dog Lucky, the mascot of USS Atlanta that was known for running up and down the ship's decks and barking furiously at enemy aircraft during battle, and putting him on a ship gives you +1% to your AA damage, or Unsinkable Sam, the cat that (allegedly) started out as the Bismarck's ship's cat and was picked up by HMS Cossack after Bismarck sank, then by Ark Royal after Cossack sank, then HMS Lightning after Ark Royal sank, then HMS Legion, both of which would later sink, before being sent to the Governor of Gibraltar and then retiring to a home for old sailors in Belfast, neither of which sank. He could make you take +1% flooding damage, perfect for adrenaline rush builds.

Unsinkable Sam is in game. He comes as part of a special camo for Bismarck. I'm sure it will be available again (sometime) for those that missed out last time.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles

I'm in favor of adding mascots, would be fun. But no bonuses, we don't need another grind to upgrade things. Also that makes it required and not just a fun thing where you pick your favorite animal or something.

[DOINK]
Members
23 posts
2,232 battles
47 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm in favor of adding mascots, would be fun. But no bonuses, we don't need another grind to upgrade things. Also that makes it required and not just a fun thing where you pick your favorite animal or something.

Fair enough. I only put the stat bonuses in because I thought it might be a bit thematic (having a cat who had every ship he served on get sunk make your ship sink faster seemed kinda funny to me).

[WOLFC]
Members
2,582 posts
11,084 battles
1 hour ago, WhereAreTheIndianCaptains? said:

Unsinkable Sam is in game. He comes as part of a special camo for Bismarck. I'm sure it will be available again (sometime) for those that missed out last time.

I believe he is also visible in port on Ark Royal and Cossack if you mount the appropriate camo.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,009 posts
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Events to unlock ship mascots walking around their ships in port view would be excellent.

I could see it being somewhat popular.

Sign in to follow this