You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jason082278

Agir or Seigfried

16 comments in this topic

Members
72 posts
3,988 battles

Im a DKM fanboy. My favorite ships, Graf Spee, Scharnhorst, Pommern and Hindy.  So i like decently beefy ships with good medium range guns and torps... AKA Brawlers  

I mostly run ops in Spee and Scharnhorst,  brawl in coop with Pommern and Hindy, and play some ranked. Eyeing either going after Agir or Siegfried. 

Anyone that has played both recommend one over the other for coop play?

[WOLFB]
Members
3,173 posts
7,875 battles

I have both and I would say they are both fun ships. I do not do coop play so I can not talk about that mode. But from what I have seen the Sieg is a better ship and people tend to stay away or focus on you. Where when I have the Agir people tend to sleep on her and make mistakes. 

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,282 posts

Aigr is a fun crusier. She is a bit soft but then again it's a crusiers . I'm betting Seigfreid is the same since they share the same-ish hull. I think they only have diffrent gun layouts but I'm not too sure.

I play Agir in coop with good outcomes so I can't complain.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,111 battles

Just have the Sieg, but she's a good ship!  Was better w the dedicated secondary, but still can be used that way, just less effective.

[PVE]
Members
10,923 posts
18,896 battles

One is a free XP ship the other is a Research Bureau ship, so why not strive for both.

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,108 battles
32 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

One is a free XP ship the other is a Research Bureau ship, so why not strive for both.

Welllllll, some of us may burn some FXP to quickly blow through tech tree lines to earn the RP more quickly.

1 hour ago, Morpheous said:

Just have the Sieg, but she's a good ship!  Was better w the dedicated secondary, but still can be used that way, just less effective.

Yeah, the Siegfried may have been the worst boned ship in the game by this skill rework, because as a cruiser, it no longer had access to any of the manual secondary skills.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,737 battles

Sieg is a t9 gneis. A cruiser with 6 15 in guns and ok secondaries. Even before the rework she only has 128s but no 150s like the bbs. 

Agir is a t9 Odin without the secondaries. 12 guns aren’t bad but you need to change ammo as you need both he and ap. He doesn’t start as many fires as I’d like and ap is meh

Both are cruiser squishy

[STW-D]
WoWS Community Contributors
237 posts
23,288 battles

A person after my own heart!  I, too, am a hard-core German cruiser main.  About 50% of my 16K random battles are in German cruisers.

I have multiple reviews of the Siegfried and Ägir on my YouTube channel.  Links below.

TL;DR

• Both have very similar play styles: long-range artillery cruisers that can tank up in close-quarters combat.  Selected engagements are required since they are still cruisers.  If you are comfortable with the Hindenburg in this regard, the Siegfried and Ägir are very similar.
  • The main difference is gun caliber: 380mm for Siegfried, 305mm for Ägir.
  • Accuracy for both is good (very good for the Siegfried).
  • Siegfried has better base range (20.6km versus 18.5km)
  • Siegfried gets a spotter whereas the Ägir does not.
  • Siegfried has longer base secondary range, whereas Ägir has one extra secondary mount on each side.  Since cruisers currently cannot spec into secondary builds anyway, it doesn't really mean much.

Since my reviews were done before the commander skill rework, below are the builds I would run for each as of now.  Note use of MBM3 (reload) for the Siegfried and GFCSM2 (range) for the Ägir.  In the current Dead Eye meta, a long-range artillery cruiser like the Ägir with no spotter plane and 18.5km range is seriously limited.  If you play mostly or entirely in co-op, take MBM3 for both ships since the bots blindly charge in and won't camp the edges of the map trying to leverage Dead Eye.

Siegfried: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PGSC509&modules=11111&upgrades=134321&commander=PCW001&skills=4572169&ar=100&flags=4032&consumables=1111&pos=0

Ägir: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PGSC519&modules=11111&upgrades=124323&commander=PCW001&skills=4572169&ar=100&flags=4032&consumables=111&pos=0

FXP is generally easier to come by, so for most players, the Ägir is more straight forward to acquire.  The Siegfried requires resetting and regrinding multiple lines to get the 47K research points to buy her.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

• Thanks 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,111 battles
20 hours ago, wstugamd said:

Sieg is a t9 gneis. A cruiser with 6 15 in guns and ok secondaries. Even before the rework she only has 128s but no 150s like the bbs. 

Agir is a t9 Odin without the secondaries. 12 guns aren’t bad but you need to change ammo as you need both he and ap. He doesn’t start as many fires as I’d like and ap is meh

Both are cruiser squishy

I do find the Sieg able to take a hit...she reminds me of the Alaska.  Alaska can take a hit too, you just can't go toe to toe trading broadside with BBs, but they forgive an occasional mistake.

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,536 posts
4,702 battles

I only have the Siegfried, but I think overall I made the better choice. I'll prolly get Agir someday, but right now I'm saving up XP for that new German DD line. 

Anyway, I watched a few videos and I fell in love with how accurate the Seigfried's guns are. I'm running a 49% hit rate right now, and with German 15" guns thats always going to be a fair amount of hurt. 
The secondaries aren't outstanding in any way but they are good for making DDs panic if you're gutsy enough to charge on them in the later stages of a match. 

But as others have said, I feel more comfortable than I should toeing the line against battleships, I don't think they anticipate the damage that 6 15" guns you have to be drunk to miss with can do. 
And then you smash them with torpedoes, and laugh your way to the bank. 
Only downside is the torpedo armor pocket that will occasionally eat pens all day every day, but the upside is that the armor can be laughably strong when you least expect it. I've watched salvos come in and I think "welp thats it I'm dead" Followed by the deafening sound of that entire salvo bouncing. 

I do want the Agir, if only to have it and satisfy the collector in me, sadly I can't report on how good it is. 

[FE-MB]
[FE-MB]
Members
49 posts
6,273 battles
On 2/23/2021 at 12:22 AM, AnIolairGhorm said:

I, too, am a hard-core German cruiser main.  About 50% of my 16K random battles are in German cruisers.

I have multiple reviews of the Siegfried and Ägir on my YouTube channel. 

@AnIolairGhorm, I would like to see an update of your new games with Agir and Siegfried after this update and the game's natural accommodation.
It would be very instructive, including your view of the new skills.

[STW-D]
WoWS Community Contributors
237 posts
23,288 battles
15 hours ago, Wood96 said:

@AnIolairGhorm, I would like to see an update of your new games with Agir and Siegfried after this update and the game's natural accommodation.
It would be very instructive, including your view of the new skills.

Thank you, @Wood96.

I have played a few matches in the Siegfried and Ägir recently on stream, but haven't gotten a really good game because, well, random battles and all that.  I'll keep an eye out.

I did include links to my current builds for both ships above.  Sorry if you already saw them.

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
216 posts
5,079 battles

Has anyone tried Agir as a secondary spec? I've got mine out to 10km secondaries, close range rate of fire buff and a 13k detect. Sounds good on paper. First game didn't even get into secondary range. I'm hoping for a better trial next time.

[FEB-M]
Members
123 posts
5,443 battles

So, main problem now is SECONDARIES. They are no longer "BB guns in a CA". They became regular CAs with regular CA guns.

To be more precise:
Saint-Louis (FR), Roon, Aegir and Siegfried (DE) share exactly THE SAME base range and specs for secondaries.  I really mean "researchable" and "premium with BB second." now have exactly the same 8.0km base range, and can be increase to be exactly the same range. For me, comparing to other ships, seems both that Roon and Saint-Louis got a big BUFF, while Sig and Aegir got a HUGE NERF on secondaries...

That does NOT makes Aegir and Sig useless. They're just no longer "special" due secondaries, but the 305mm and 380mm main guns are excellent! And their armour, FOR A CRUISER, are excellent. Keep in mind that those are not battleships, they remain as cruisers.

• Boring 1

[META_]
Members
1,680 posts
17,815 battles
On 3/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, Barazzuolio said:

Has anyone tried Agir as a secondary spec? I've got mine out to 10km secondaries, close range rate of fire buff and a 13k detect. Sounds good on paper. First game didn't even get into secondary range. I'm hoping for a better trial next time.

I use my Bismark, Tirpitz captain on her , with secondaries . I get hits but it's nothing like when it's the Biz or Tirp . I have a is she worth it video on the Agir . I enjoy her a lot . You can't go wrong either way....good luck captain. 

• Cool 1