Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

WG, why not give all inactive players a free skill reset?

27 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

In every other game I have played that contains "skill trees" when those trees are changed, all players are given a free reset regardless of whether they are active or not.  At first login a popup appears stating, "your skills have been reset" or something similar.

Currently you have set all inactive player's skills to YOUR recommended with no regard for the customer, who may play certain or all ships in ways you didn't envision.

My proposal... leave the skills as you have them now with your recommended, but give each customer 1 free reset.  (only to those who did not use the free reset you provided on the website)

let it expire in 6 months if you want...  but please show some regard for your customers.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 5

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
44 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

This is a completely reasonable ask.

Probably why it will never happen.

• Haha 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 minutes ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

They can make a lot more money if returning players have to pay full price.

that relies on players being willing to do so...   many players, as we can see in other recent threads would be angry, and it may have a negative effect on income instead with players just returning from months away, now being discouraged immediately....

• Cool 1

Members
399 posts
26 battles

From what I've heard the "best fit skills selection for the casuals" (or anyone who wasn't playing for those 4 weeks) is pretty out of whack.

Although honestly I'd rather free skill resets were a feature of having a Premium Account if WG won't make it universally free. But that's a drum I'll bang and never expect to actually see.

1 hour ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

Possibly but it also might hit the killing the golden goose situation. 

Leech-like microtransactions don't work if the customer notices how much they're paying all at once. The occasional few £ or $ for 500 doubloons is easy to overlook, if it's for a all your best captains at once; not so much.

If a longtime player comes back after a few months and discovers they missed the opportunity to use the "reset all captain skills button" they might just not bother paying to reset and just logoff.

But perhaps those that do pay through the nose will cover the losses (and some more) of those who walk away.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU
  • Cool 4

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
243 posts
4,025 battles
23 minutes ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

Balanced against the risk returning players will leave. Non-players don't make them money. 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,162 posts
19,015 battles
33 minutes ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

Unless the returning players mostly decide their hiatus from WOWS was a good thing and should continue.:

Edit:

I see a lot of posters had the same thought

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 3

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,317 battles
48 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Probably why it will never happen.

Lol. You beat me. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,097 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

Currently you have set all inactive player's skills to YOUR recommended with no regard for the customer, who may play certain or all ships in ways you didn't envision.

I remember being surprised just how bad of a job they did with automatic skill reassignment. Should've saved some screenshots though, because now I don't recall any actual details, just the general feeling of amazement.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
Just now, vak_ said:

I remember being surprised just how bad of a job they did with automatic skill reassignment. Should've saved some screenshots though, because now I don't recall any actual details, just the general feeling of amazement.

the indicators are still there ... for the recommended

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
51 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Lol. You beat me. 

I think there are a few reasons they did this.

a.  It makes them money (duh).

b.  Programming a button that doesn't work for more than a month, and works more than once is more work.

c.  There is probably a thought in WG that some players would use this to "take advantage" of them.  (Yeah, get your laugh on).

• Cool 2

[-BCO-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,317 battles
18 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Enjoy.

image.thumb.png.270f896fbc62ae2a9420792d836aadab.png

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,097 battles
1 minute ago, Bandi73 said:

Enjoy.

image.thumb.png.270f896fbc62ae2a9420792d836aadab.png

Yes, yes, this is the sort of stuff I mean! :cap_wander_2:

[CVA16]
Members
6,162 posts
19,015 battles
18 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

c.  There is probably a thought in WG that some players would use this to "take advantage" of them.  (Yeah, get your laugh on).

It should be simple for WG to check if you played/logged into the game at any point during the rebork. If you did, sorry. If not, give the player the benefit of the doubt. Pretty sure WG will permanently lose 90% of these returning players when they see the time and expense needed to reset all of their captains.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,338 posts

You'd think they'd be able to just do this automatically for anyone who has not logged in since the reskill.....

• Cool 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,353 posts
17,398 battles
2 hours ago, Navis_Nobilite said:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. 

New employees in different spots in WG than there were a couple years ago. The monetization and reset of the economy is in full swing. No more nice guy freebies from them anymore. They are in full monetization now

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,353 posts
17,398 battles
13 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Yes, yes, this is the sort of stuff I mean! :cap_wander_2:

What's wrong with outnumbered being auto assigned? /s

• Haha 1

[USCG]
Members
747 posts
22,793 battles

You would hope there are some “tweaks” coming down the line and they’ll offer a limited reset period then. 

One can hope...

[PVE]
Members
7,852 posts
23,812 battles

Wish I would have screen shotted it...

Forget which 1 but while running snowflakes I had a gunboat DD w/the 1 point quick loader ammo switch skill assigned...I didn't even look at the rest of the skills...just hit the reassignment button... 😔

Sign in to follow this