Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

How to reset skills without spending money

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

See the line that says For Doubloons - don't select it...

select "For Elite Commander XP" and then click yes..

If you don't have enough ECXP it will allow you to use FREE xp (shown in green with the gold star in the image)

image.png.b19adc5be6716d3d4fd38ef943adb361.png

 

That is all the ecxp i have earned in the game since release... I might have spent a little...  I have no 19 or 21pt captains... my highest is Tsar and he's at 16.

I only play a couple months over the winter, no T10's, no elite captains...   likely my numbers are more representative of the majority of players...

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

I see you don't have that much ECXP to reset one captain. I'd like to see you doing it for 30 captains or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,362
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
25,138 battles
2 minutes ago, WarStore said:

I see you don't have that much ECXP to reset one captain. I'd like to see you doing it for 30 captains or more.

Or 100 captains. Imagine a large quantity of 19 pointers, the ECXP required would be huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Or 100 captains. Imagine a large quantity of 19 pointers, the ECXP required would be huge. 

i still do not HAVE to spend real money to do it...

 

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,362
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
25,138 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i still do not HAVE to spend real money to do it...

Money is nothing more than a physical representation of human labor and time. So even though you are technically correct, you are nitpicking. It is a flimsy position . 

  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,757
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Money is nothing more than a physical representation of human labor and time. So even though you are technically correct, you are nitpicking. It is a flimsy position . 

Very flimsy. 

Especially when it's entirely on WG that it costs anything at all.  

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Money is nothing more than a physical representation of human labor and time. So even though you are technically correct, you are nitpicking. It is a flimsy position . 

the above can be applied to getting out of bed in the morning....  

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,362
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
25,138 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

the above can be applied to getting out of bed in the morning....  

Okie dokie 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
966
Members
2,069 posts
12,691 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Very flimsy. 

Especially when it's entirely on WG that it costs anything at all.  

I'm sure WG would be happy to make it free as soon as you figure out another way for them to pay their bills.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
569
[NSEW]
Members
2,253 posts
11,883 battles
57 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Money is nothing more than a physical representation of human labor and time. So even though you are technically correct, you are nitpicking. It is a flimsy position . 

Mic drop

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
1,420 posts
10,988 battles
1 hour ago, WarStore said:

I see you don't have that much ECXP to reset one captain. I'd like to see you doing it for 30 captains or more.

One game away

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

for those commenting on my low ecxp...

i am a very casual player, playing a couple months a year in the colder seasons.  I have never had a 19pt captain let alone a 21pt'er.

i have spent money on captain resets, by choice, though obviously the cost is relatively cheap when you have low sp captains.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
0 posts
1 hour ago, Rouxi said:

I'm sure WG would be happy to make it free as soon as you figure out another way for them to pay their bills.

Right, as if people buying doubloons to reset captains is the driving force of monetary gains for world of warships. Captain skill resets should be free and unlimited 100% for anybody at least with a premium account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
966
Members
2,069 posts
12,691 battles
5 minutes ago, JaeYuu80sevens said:

Right, as if people buying doubloons to reset captains is the driving force of monetary gains for world of warships. Captain skill resets should be free and unlimited 100% for anybody at least with a premium account.

micro transactions are the mainstay of the f2p business model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
806
[-BCO-]
Members
1,818 posts
3,252 battles
2 hours ago, Rouxi said:

I'm sure WG would be happy to make it free as soon as you figure out another way for them to pay their bills.

Erm.....just one?? I mean... its waaay too easy, man.......

Edited by Bandi73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
763 posts
14,038 battles
2 hours ago, Rouxi said:

I'm sure WG would be happy to make it free as soon as you figure out another way for them to pay their bills.

Please check the premium shop. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[OGZR]
Members
54 posts
9,739 battles

Wow. How did the OP showing how he is resetting his Cpts get so crazy.  No need to attack him.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,325
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,684 posts
10,069 battles
3 hours ago, SKurj said:

See the line that says For Doubloons - don't select it...

select "For Elite Commander XP" and then click yes..

If you don't have enough ECXP it will allow you to use FREE xp (shown in green with the gold star in the image)

image.png.b19adc5be6716d3d4fd38ef943adb361.png

Yes, because who doesn't have enough CXP and FXP to reset all the captains. And who needs to get at least some of those captains to 21 points, so that they have a build that's comparable to the one before the rework.

And btw, resetting captains with CXP and FXP has been around for years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,274
[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles
1 hour ago, Rouxi said:

micro transactions are the mainstay of the f2p business model.

This, and most of the micro transactions are exploitive in some way or another.

Changing this would just lead to a different micro transaction.  Which would be exploitive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
645
[-VT-]
Members
1,168 posts
28,710 battles
13 minutes ago, parkedo said:

Wow. How did the OP showing how he is resetting his Cpts get so crazy.  No need to attack him.

Internet courage; invisible people don't mind showing their A$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
5,644 posts
10,962 battles

Yep - been this way for years...  Not every Capt needs to be skilled out immediately and that is what flags and camos are for.  Not to mention the remove all skills for all captains so they start as 0 points assigned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

One game away

 

Assuming the player already has a 21 pts captain and is playing with some economic flags and camo, then sure. It is one game away. But the arrogant shills can't grasp the concept that most people won't have a 21pts captains for a long time, thanks to WG's desires for short term profit disguised as progress for an inferior commander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
1,420 posts
10,988 battles
15 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Assuming the player already has a 21 pts captain and is playing with some economic flags and camo, then sure. It is one game away. But the arrogant shills can't grasp the concept that most people won't have a 21pts captains for a long time, thanks to WG's desires for short term profit disguised as progress for an inferior commander.

My assumption was to have 135k he has an elite captain.  I  have only one. The really steep grind, which I do not like, means he is working toward training transfer captains rather than making new elite captains. Maybe in a year or two i will have enough elite captains to arrogantly shill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
Just now, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

My assumption was to have 135k he has an elite captain.  I  have only one. The really steep grind, which I do not like, means he is working toward training transfer captains rather than making new elite captains. Maybe in a year or two i will have enough elite captains to arrogantly shill.

i am not sure I have ever spent any of my ecxp so that amount is 5 years worth.. and most will have been earned in the past 2 winters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×