Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TaxDollarsAtWork

Good DD lines to grind in the current meta?

11 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
468 posts
4,155 battles

Was wondering what lines got stronger, or weaker with the skill update and changes to sec bats

I have PA DDs, Almost done with EU DDs and might go down RN DDs.

Any other strong lines? I was curious about the French and Soviets

Generally speaking I like stealth agility and guns on my DDs

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

I might think long range torp dds thanks to deadeye backliners: ijn or us

not grinding anything until i get my max (21 pt) captains back. Only playing premium ships. The spreadsheet brought it upon itself!

[KWF]
Members
5,803 posts
7,013 battles

If wondering about French and RU DDs, throw stealth out of the window when it comes to tiers IX-X. They are strong as long range HE speed tanks with Fearless Brawler, AFT and completely abandoning concealment for rudder and acceleration upgrades. These builds are selfish however as you won't be able to perform traditional DD duties with ease.

Members
431 posts

WOW has created a camping meta.  DDs effective at range (and with good AA) fit that.  "Stealth" DDs are as dead as "brawling" BBs.

[NG-NL]
Members
394 posts
10,495 battles

Stealth, Agility, Guns, it really sounds like you'd enjoy the Royal Navy line.

As Warheart said, Marine Nationale and VMF DDs are loud speed tanks, not stealthy. And they aren't cap fighters.
However, like any ship, their contribution to the team is up to the player. I definitely play to support the team.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
916 posts
4,361 battles

Japanese and British destroyers are in a pretty good spot these days, the former for having a lot of ships that excel at farming campers with either torps or guns, and the latter for being the best cap bullies and hunter-killers. Russkie DDs had their role co-opted by the French, who do all the same things but better. USN and Pan-Asia are kinda in limbo. Germany ist kaputt. Not that familiar with the Swedes but the general consensus seems to be that they're solid.

--Helms

[NSEW]
Members
468 posts
4,155 battles

Made up my mind thank you everyone.

Once I finish EU I'll do UK and maybe then US

Won't touch IJN.

[GNOME]
Beta Testers
142 posts
6,849 battles
On 3/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Made up my mind thank you everyone.

Once I finish EU I'll do UK and maybe then US

Won't touch IJN.

You should reconsider the IJN botes.

I'm on the tier 6 botes (both of them, simultaneously,) and they're some of the best fun I'm having in WoWS atm.  10km torpedo range at tier 6 is no joke, and while the guns aren't ideal for gunfighting, the alpha means you can kill low-health enemy destroyers pretty easily.  Just don't get into fights early on (scout, but stay quiet with those guns.)  It's actually pretty relaxing once you get over the urge to drive willy-nilly into caps.  Just drive around using that concealment and huck danger-pylons (torpedoes) at your enemies from afar... :cap_cool:

[GRETA]
Members
1,382 posts
10,609 battles

I still enjoy the IJN torp boats and the ikea ships.  Either super stealthy with long range torps or lots of AA with medium to long range torps.

Favorite dd's as of late;

Fujin,  Asashio,  Shima, halland.

The only gunboats I really feel confident in is the kita.  I am not a dd main by any stretch and it seems the gun boats require a bit of awareness I have not yet mastered.  I can have good games in them but I still get surprised by radar traps occasionally and as a result fail spectacularly.   I just seem to do better in ships meant to stay mobile while dealing damage.  I do have the French DD's up through 9 but have not tried them near enough to have a relevant opinion on them.

[NSEW]
Members
468 posts
4,155 battles

I'll pass on IJN Torp Boats IJN in general

Torps are not my style I prefer guns and clunky handling is a big turn off

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
855 posts
6,623 battles

I've been getting into Russian gunboat DDs lately. With the introduction of Fearless Brawler with the commander rework, the Khaba is a very workable ship. Combined with the legendary module, you can get your reload down to 3.5s (not including AR). Kleber is still the better ship, but Khaba is still good in its own way. 

Sign in to follow this