You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 19-21 Feb 2021

15 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles

Pounded my way through Italian missions to pick up the Cavour, which I am enjoying immensely. Streamed quite a big chunk of that on Saturday. 

Found that the Hizen performs very well in co-op and creditably in Randoms too. Worth the grind and the dubs.

Advanced Yamamoto's 21 point grind from 379K CXP to go ---> 232K CXP to go. At this rate, he could potentially be a 21 pointer by the end of the month; certainly by the end of March.

Had some interesting battles. I certainly don't think there's anything seriously wrong with the game, and though it might have removed or discouraged some of the skills I used to rely on as a DD player (Priority Target and RPF), I think I'm slowly coming around to @Destroyer_KuroshioKai's opinion that they are crutches which eventually require to be discarded.

Hayate continues to live up to my expectations in Co-op, which is largely what I got her for. For sure 2 million FXP was a hefty price to pay for a bot-basher, but so what? Most of the time I go out in her, I wreck face and come home happy. She does exactly what I got her to do, and I have absolutely no regrets. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,136 posts
23,051 battles

Congrats @Ensign_Cthulhu, on getting Yamamoto close to 21.  He is in charge of the Yamato for me, and all he IJN premiums I have - Kii, Hizen, Atago, and Yoshino.   I also like the Hizen.  Totally worth the dubs and the grind.

I got extremely lucky and got to skip all of the RM BBs and am enjoying the Lepanto.  I usually start my sessions with the Lepanto, and the last week or so, my PC has been freezing after I get into a match with her, so my good stats I had, are in fact, history, after a few frozen dreadful performances.  PC fault, not the ship.

I went 10/10 in naval battles (all 300 tier levels), but it looks like we are not going to win this week.

Also finished the weekend Italian token directive to pocket 1800 Italian tokens.  Since I have no interest in the lower tier BBs or those camos, I will be using my tokens for credits.  I got a gaggle of T9s that need upgrades and modules.

Other than that, not much else in Warships, though I did get to play Spirit Isle and Zombicide boardgames with my son and daughter in law. 

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,784 battles

Finished the token missions and had enough for the first 2 bundles. Haven’t played either save for a co-op Dante game yet.

had some rough ranked games. Doing good damage but couldn’t secure kills or get the wins I wanted. Saved multiple stars so no real complaints

forgot to disable naval battles and wasted a few co-op games.

[WPORT]
Members
8,102 posts
13,161 battles

I'm a few tokens shy of the next italian battle ship, Conte di Cavour.

For the first time, I've amassed over 32 million credits.

Been playing ranked battles, with a few co-op battles thrown in for stress relief.
Credit earnings & XP are the motive.
I'm trying to research the Alsace and/or train a few CV Commanders who have less than 17 skill points.

Slowly making progress on the Honorable Service campaign.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Honorable_Service

Somehow missed @Ensign_Cthulhu's stream.  Either my phone was in another room or the twitch notifications weren't timely enough for me.  Next time, perhaps.

Posted another tidbit in a multi-part story I'm creating in the topic "If our commanders could talk ..."
https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/221037-if-our-commanders-could-talk/

I'm also trying to save up enough Free XP to acquire one of the Free-XP ships.  It will take a while.  I'm only in the 600k+ zone at the moment.

Goodnight.

Edited to add:  Participated in Naval Battles, too.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,518 battles

Really didn't have anything to do this weekend in this game.  The events and combat missions were done before Friday.  Played the daily's and played other games.

Not much left in WoWs to get excited about.  The closest thing is driving Halsey to 21 points from 19.......which, is going to take forever.  After that, unless our host get's "creative", which I just can't see happening, it's just a few games a week.

There are a few of us from this game heading towards ED......  To try it out and try something new.

Good luck; but, what little is left is exciting as watching a rifle barrel Brown.........  Oh, tried Ranked "just to see" and................sigh:  had to ask my Grandson to leave his XO seat because the chat was very "adult"......  Didn't go back.

• Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
859 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hayate continues to live up to my expectations in Co-op, which is largely what I got her for. For sure 2 million FXP was a hefty price to pay for a bot-basher

I agree, it is a very hefty 2,000,000 FXP price to pay for a Hayate to be used as a bot-basher. Her equally expensive black lacquer camo is very nice, and I would love to see her in a real battle, but then it might be a sad sight for others to see that beautiful paint job get chipped in battle.

Weekend play time has been pleasantly nice. I finished that grindy weekend mission for Italian tokens with time to spare for the weekend. However, I'm still not interested. There's plenty of whining about how meh these Italian battleships are. I'd rather play Brindisi or Venezia.

After having an absolute blast playing Fiji in Narai, I decided to play real battles. I noticed something about the Neptune. In 3 consecutive battles, I managed to do Devastating Strike on the same British light cruiser. I wonder what's up with the Neptune lately. Has she been nerfed?

Have a safe week all. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,819 posts
28,370 battles

Finished the chain of missions for 2K Italian tokens (earn ~14M credits.)  I managed to get the Lepanto in one of my first couple of bundles, so I've been taking her out quite a bit.  I currently have over 100K experience on her.  I should have more than enough XP on her to get the Columbo when she becomes available.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[--K--]
Supertester
1,483 posts
14,211 battles
3 hours ago, kyesac said:

Other than that, not much else in Warships, though I did get to play Spirit Isle and Zombicide boardgames with my son and daughter in law. 

Ooh we play Zombicide once or twice a year with some friends. 

Um don't remember if it was the weekend but finally got Mogami and got to see the Halloween camo and use Davey Jones I won a long time ago from free Halloween crates, usual daily missions, naval battles and then the hell of finishing roughly 10 million credits. These extended missions (mine was 7 long) feels more like punishment for playing more than a reward. 

• Cool 1

[X-M-S]
Members
179 posts
3,594 battles

Got some extra time to play this weekend and finished the Italian BB part 1 missions as well as the extra token missions for earning credits (mine was only 3 stages for 1200 tokens).  Got the T4 and T5 Italian BB's.

Won a few ranked battles, a few naval battles and a few Narai ops.  Bought Gaede (T6 German DD) earlier this week.  Picked skills on a couple more captains.  A more productive weekend than average for me, but nothing special.  But I'm happy with it.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,555 posts
11,027 battles

For the first time since the release of 0.10.0 I completed the full daily mission chains, mostly in Narai, and picked up my Italian tokens. Ended up with  a 1400-1600 total chain, IIRC, which was better than I expected since my playing time took a nosedive when 0.10.0 dropped.

[SRBL]
Members
541 posts
14,233 battles
12 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Advanced Yamamoto's 21 point grind from 379K CXP to go ---> 232K CXP to go. At this rate, he could potentially be a 21 pointer by the end of the month; certainly by the end of March.

Took him out in Mush for Ranked and got 4 CV FB's by using Euro's CV Peek Strategy with much salt production. This one was particularly funny. 

2686_1613930664_20210221_124504_PJSB509-Musashi_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

Thanks @RainbowCrash_2018 for help with this one...

Edited by Tom_Greg

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

damn they didn't move the italian token credit earning missions to an incomplete/expired status and seem to have just removed them from the GUI altogether...  I didn't check how far i got on them last night before logout.

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Pounded my way through Italian missions to pick up the Cavour, which I am enjoying immensely.

Just blindly did the bonus token missions, but didn’t finish them because I didn’t pay close enough attention to the end time.

Found that the Hizen performs very well in co-op and creditably in Randoms too. Worth the grind and the dubs.

Dull but serviceable? I mostly can’t get over the square float plane service deck on the aft end of the ship...

...I suppose I find it aesthetically offensive.

Had some interesting battles. I certainly don't think there's anything seriously wrong with the game, and though it might have removed or discouraged some of the skills I used to rely on as a DD player (Priority Target and RPF), I think I'm slowly coming around to @Destroyer_KuroshioKai's opinion that they are crutches which eventually require to be discarded.

Hayate continues to live up to my expectations in Co-op, which is largely what I got her for. For sure 2 million FXP was a hefty price to pay for a bot-basher, but so what? Most of the time I go out in her, I wreck face and come home happy. She does exactly what I got her to do, and I have absolutely no regrets. 

As EC is aware, my 2mil splurge was Smaland.

9VxlCo.jpg
Just my test battles in Co-op.

As to this weekend, nothing really of any note.

Still working to cleanup the leftover mess from last years x-flakes.

Members
429 posts
15,694 battles

Sounds like you had a good weekend @Ensign_Cthulhu.  I worked on the Italian BB token chain for a bit, got through 4 of 5 and was able to purchase (again) the first level in the chain (the D'A, T4 BB; which I already had through the Verizon/Prime gift, so bonus credits for that).  I'm about 1k tokens from the T5 ship at this point.  Played two games in Narai, and got 5 stars both times.  First game we all survived; second was not as good but still productive.  Otherwise worked on my Jurua captain (with the 200% bonus still in affect) as well as assigning skills to a few captains (mainly for Narai play and DDs, using LWM's recommendations).  I did raise my Tsar Ovechkin captain to 21 pts and played him across several Russian premium cruisers to recoup some of the CXP (went down to ~300k after promoting him to 21).  Will probably work with him on multiple ships more often now to get enough CXP to promote Yamamoto (my other 19 pt captain) to 21 and let him go through the IJN premiums I have.