You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NW_Gr1p_N_R1p

What to do with Roma?

20 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
5,701 battles

Roma was my first premium and I have over 500 games in her. Basically learned to play the game in her.. with the launch of the RM BB line and after playing the Vittorio Veneto just curious what the point of the Roma is now? VV has the smoke, SAP, and unless I’m mistaken the same AP which was kind of the “gimmick” of the Roma with extreme pen. I guess I’m hoping someone can tell me something I’m missing. 

cheers 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i think roma has been buffed significantly with deadeye.. or at least thats what some of the streamers have been going on about...

[KWF]
Members
5,787 posts
7,007 battles

Overall stealthier, faster reload, and it sounds weird saying this about Roma, but more accurate.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,006 posts
31 minutes ago, NW_Gr1p_N_R1p said:

Roma was my first premium and I have over 500 games in her. Basically learned to play the game in her.. with the launch of the RM BB line and after playing the Vittorio Veneto just curious what the point of the Roma is now? VV has the smoke, SAP, and unless I’m mistaken the same AP which was kind of the “gimmick” of the Roma with extreme pen. I guess I’m hoping someone can tell me something I’m missing. 

cheers 

Better accuracy, HE to actually damage DDs, etc. etc.

• Cool 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

If you use the special captain Luigi Sansonetti you can find some of the potential special bonuses to be rather nice on the Roma such as extended gun range for example.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

Roma's actually more accurate than her ITA BB Line cousins.  Not only that, she even reloads quicker and is stealthier.  If you don't believe me, hit up Fitting Tool link in my signature and look it up yourself.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
24 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This, 100%.  I know Roma's HE sucks but she will do much better against DDs than her SAP cousins ever will.

Roma HE shell:  5100 dmg x 33% Penetration damage = 1683 damage before Damage Saturation

Her tech tree sister, Vittorio Veneto: 12,500 SAP dmage x 10% cap against DDs = 1250 damage before Damage Saturation

In addition, Roma's HE will have a blast radius to cause module damage.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles

I can't believe I'm saying that Roma is actually more consistent a Battleship.

Roma & Vittorio Veneto

Same 18.12km gun range

Same max horizontal dispersion of 244m

Same max vertical dispersion of 147m

Roma has better 1.8 Sigma vs V.Veneto's 1.6

Roma reloads better at 30 seconds vs V.Veneto's 33

Roma can actually do better against DDs than V.Veneto due to her lower damage HE shells compared to 10% damage capped V.Veneto SAP shells

[KWF]
Members
5,787 posts
7,007 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Roma & Vittorio Veneto

Same 18.12km gun range

Same max horizontal dispersion of 244m

Same max vertical dispersion of 147m

Roma has better 1.8 Sigma vs V.Veneto's 1.6

Roma reloads better at 30 seconds vs V.Veneto's 33

Roma can actually do better against DDs than V.Veneto due to her lower damage HE shells compared to 10% damage capped V.Veneto SAP shells

Don't forget the top tier concealment of Roma. It's what binds it all together.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
23 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Don't forget the top tier concealment of Roma. It's what binds it all together.

Yes, Roma with Stealth Build is 11.74km.  A very good candidate for Dead Eye.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,058 posts
8,287 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Roma's now the queen of the line, unless MP ends up better than her. At least unless you enjoy playing T5 all the time and have a GC.

I feel like WG is trolling all the Roma haters who said anything would be better and pinned their hopes on SAP/fuel smoke BBs remaining overtuned AF.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,371 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Overall stealthier, faster reload, and it sounds weird saying this about Roma, but more accurate.

2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ninja’d.

The two above have the right of it.

From what I’ve read so far, keep it because real HE to use against DDs, instead of the laughable damage of SAP.

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles
3 minutes ago, NW_Gr1p_N_R1p said:

Appreciate the responses. Good lord but it seems Roma has become the sniper of the RM 😂

Weirdly enough, that’s exactly what she is at this point. She might not have the silly gimmicks of the RM BB line, but ironically, she’s no worse off for that fact. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yes, Roma with Stealth Build is 11.74km.  A very good candidate for Dead Eye.

Only ship I have deadeye on.

My other BB are 20k firing range so its not worth it.

I still like sec builds

• Cool 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,879 posts
24,875 battles
4 hours ago, NW_Gr1p_N_R1p said:

Appreciate the responses. Good lord but it seems Roma has become the sniper of the RM 😂

True, and pretty funny. Deadeye turned her from just another face in the crowd to Gulia Farnese. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Thanks 1

Members
540 posts
20 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Roma HE shell:  5100 dmg x 33% Penetration damage = 1683 damage before Damage Saturation

Her tech tree sister, Vittorio Veneto: 12,500 SAP dmage x 10% cap against DDs = 1250 damage before Damage Saturation

True, but after local saturation Roma's HE will be doing 842 damage per shell, and VV's SAP will still be doing 1250 damage per shell.  After total saturation Roma's HE will be doing 510 damage per shell, while VV's SAP will still be doing 1250 damage per shell.

5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In addition, Roma's HE will have a blast radius to cause module damage.

Absolutely right, plus you'll be starting fires as well.  These are the main benefits of firing HE at DD's.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,853 posts
25,782 battles
7 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Roma's now the queen of the line, unless MP ends up better than her. At least unless you enjoy playing T5 all the time and have a GC.

I feel like WG is trolling all the Roma haters who said anything would be better and pinned their hopes on SAP/fuel smoke BBs remaining overtuned AF.

My guess is the Tier X will shine, as intended.  Every Ship Line, every Line Split that has taken place after the Russian Battleship Line came out has followed the pattern where only the Tier X, possibly Tier IX also, were the only good ships.  RU BB Line was the last ship line with plenty of good ships sprinkled throughout the tiers.  Every Line since then hasn't been like that.

6 hours ago, NW_Gr1p_N_R1p said:

Roma came out in 2018.  Her reputation as a poor gunner was immediately apparent.  If someone from the future came back to tell us then that there would be a Battleship Line more inaccurate than Roma, German & French Battleships, we would have told him to f--k off with such clearly blatant lies.

"If you're going to lie, at least try and make it believable!"

• Haha 1