You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

We can now talk about Epic Games!

18 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Sadly, no sort of endorsement from the person presenting the game. Wonder why? Asking too much money to do the voice-over? Dunno. 

I wonder though... how will hook into the game as Steam is already out there? 

Will there be any big brouhaha when it does go "live", as in special ships, camos, etc?  I guess TWT. 

[KWF]
Members
5,757 posts
7,003 battles

Depends on what Epic and WG will work out. If the game is simply listed on the Store and just links you WGC it will mostly be attracting already existing users of the platform. That said just going for the freebies could also be a method of attracting players considering Epic has a pretty bare platform.  Regardless of how it goes, it was about time for the game to be expanding on different platforms; similarly WoT got a Steam listing which is also pretty big news.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
10,227 battles

LOL they advertised the Missouri, boy imagine the disappointment for new players learning about the Missouri in game.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
7 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

LOL they advertised the Missouri, boy imagine the disappointment for new players learning about the Missouri in game.

I didn't see Missouri advertised anywhere; just a bunch oc historical images merged into gameplay images. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
10,227 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

I didn't see Missouri advertised anywhere; just a bunch oc historical images merged into gameplay images. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The signing of the Japanese surrender on Missouri, they showed the historical images and then the in game model of Missouri.

It's slight, but enough to turn on the Missouri history nuts into thinking they can get her.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
7 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The signing of the Japanese surrender on Missouri, they showed the historical images and then the in game model of Missouri.

It's slight, but enough to turn on the Missouri history nuts into thinking they can get her.

Well... they can if they hang around for Santa's Gifts... you know, there is a chance. :cap_haloween:

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
10,227 battles
12 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well... they can if they hang around for Santa's Gifts... you know, there is a chance. :cap_haloween:

Sure only after getting the short list ships first

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
19 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

And then: maybe...

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

They only say ships like Iowa, Bismarck and Yamato are available ... but they do feature a prominent ingame image of Iowa (who outside the game would really know it's NOT Missouri?).

And as mentioned above, the historic and ingame images of the surrender ceremony is a highlight in their video.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 11:25 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Raw link?

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,769 battles

I used to play a Vietnam game. When they got added to Epic, on their server the amount of players tripled. Wonder if that will happen here?

Edited by SuperComm4

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 hour ago, SuperComm4 said:

I used to play a Vietnam game. When they got added to Epic, on their server the amount of players tripled. Wonder if that will happen here?

was that a f2p with micro transactions ?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,840 posts
25,782 battles

Anything can happen, but I'd expect at least some increase in the number of players.

Hell, the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic is a very old game and when it went on Steam in mid-2020, veteran players mentioned a big spike in players.

So anything can happen.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,869 posts
9,729 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 3:27 PM, Vader_Sama said:

After getting the short list ships... Then all the others.

Missouri was literally the last ship I got from Santa boxes for 2020 after exhausting literally every other alternative between the last two years.

[-WTP-]
Members
17 posts
11,614 battles

That marketing video is false advertisement.  Those battleships we're moving, and we all know 90% of the time they don't leave the J-line.