Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lickmytrump

Is it worth using 50k elite commander xp or doubloons to retrain my tier 9 Donskoi commander for my tier X al nevsky or should I just grind?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts

when it comes to spending real funds, that's on you to decide...  what is a lot for one maybe nothing for someone else...

15 pts its still relatively cheap to retrain

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,405
[WOLFG]
Members
32,359 posts
10,021 battles

Do you have any Russian premiums? Grindy ng in those would be my first choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-SD]
Members
7 posts
2,086 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Do you have any Russian premiums? Grindy ng in those would be my first choice.

I have the kirov and a commander with 14 points on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
966
Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
1 minute ago, lickmytrump said:

I have the kirov and a commander with 14 points on it

50k wouldn't take that long to get on a kirov with a few signals. It depends on if you're trying to save your cxp and if you like playing the premium ship you would be grinding on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-SD]
Members
7 posts
2,086 battles
7 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

50k wouldn't take that long to get on a kirov with a few signals. It depends on if you're trying to save your cxp and if you like playing the premium ship you would be grinding on.

do you mean i can retrain my commander with the kirov and give it to the nevsky with no retrain? how does that work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
966
Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
Just now, lickmytrump said:

do you mean i can retrain my commander with the kirov and give it to the nevsky with no retrain? how does that work? 

Yes. Premium ships can use a captain without having to retrain them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[NOVUM]
Members
120 posts
5,537 battles
4 minutes ago, lickmytrump said:

do you mean i can retrain my commander with the kirov and give it to the nevsky with no retrain? how does that work? 

First you put the commander you want on the Nevsky onto the Nevsky. THEN you move him to a premium ship for retraining (premium ship just needs to be same nation). Once he gets the 50k he needs then you move him back the Nevsky.

It's a weird system but it's what we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,944
[SGSS]
Members
5,786 posts
53 minutes ago, lickmytrump said:

commanders.thumb.JPG.881cc161f8681d17d3eb767e7ef49dda.JPGThese are my commanders by the way

That's not the best builds for Dom.

If your grinding a captain to move it up its worth doing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,894
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,849 posts
4,285 battles

Depends on your situation. You can always grind it out, but that's usually not fun. Doubloons or CXP? Well how much CXP do you have? Me, I have about 2M so 50K for a retraining doesn't make much difference. That said I buy doubloons every now and then, so usually have a good amount on hand, so a few hundred for a retraining isn't a big deal either. But for someone who is F2P that may be different. Same with someone who doesn't have much CXP. Depends on what resources you have and what you plan to do with them. For me I always immediately completely retrain a captain, because I'm at the point in the game where I have the resources to do that. But you may be at a different point. So you have to decide whether you want to spend your saved resources or spend the time grinding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,405
[WOLFG]
Members
32,359 posts
10,021 battles
2 hours ago, lickmytrump said:

I have the kirov and a commander with 14 points on it

So just retrain Troitskiy for Nevsky, put him in Kirov, throw some bonus XP signals on it, and grind the 50k he needs that way. Your skills will still all work, as opposed to grinding the XP on Nevsky. (you'll make more credits too)

If you have some camos with greater than the bonus on Kirov's permacamo, you can use those to speed things up more. 

Otherwise, I'd use the ECXP you have rather than doubloons.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,893
[FML]
Members
4,159 posts
16,067 battles
25 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

So just retrain Troitskiy for Nevsky, put him in Kirov, throw some bonus XP signals on it, and grind the 50k he needs that way. Your skills will still all work, as opposed to grinding the XP on Nevsky. (you'll make more credits too)

If you have some camos with greater than the bonus on Kirov's permacamo, you can use those to speed things up more. 

Otherwise, I'd use the ECXP you have rather than doubloons.

I agree with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×