Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Guderian51

WTH...I have to pay money to change my skills?

145 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

236
[MARE]
Members
123 posts

Thanks a bunch WG...you screw up all my commander skills and now you want me to PAY MONEY to straighten them out?

Who does this to their loyal paying customers?

Why the heck didn't you give every commander one free skill redistribution? Or zero out the commander skills when you made the change so the new skills could simply be assigned when the ship is used?

It seems you just wanted to make money and to hell with your customers....thanks for nothing. Totally blows.

 

 

 

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
31 posts

Where you been for the entirety of the last month?  Do you not read patch notes, or news?  You could have changed skills and modules for free for the entire last month, as often as you wanted.

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,438
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts

always have been able to spend dubs on skill resets....  nothing new and it is no more expensive than it used to be....

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
823 posts
9,622 battles
31 minutes ago, Guderian51 said:

Thanks a bunch WG...you screw up all my commander skills and now you want me to PAY MONEY to straighten them out?

Who does this to their loyal paying customers?

Why the heck didn't you give every commander one free skill redistribution? Or zero out the commander skills when you made the change so the new skills could simply be assigned when the ship is used?

It seems you just wanted to make money and to hell with your customers....thanks for nothing. Totally blows.

 

 

 

it was possible to fix this for an entire month... not doing so is not WG's fault its your fault.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Not every player obsessively plays every day or follows the details of every update when they're not playing the game. 

 

 

  • Cool 27
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,294
[KWF]
Members
6,762 posts
7,321 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not every player obsessively plays every day or follows the details of every update when they're not playing the game.

It's obvious being on a hiatus or having that weird thing called real life issues are alien concepts.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles
7 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

it was possible to fix this for an entire month... not doing so is not WG's fault its your fault.

You have to admit though, it is a quite petty nickle and dime money squeeze though. Complaint is legit.

  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It's obvious being on a hiatus or having that weird thing called real life issues is an alien concept.

Yeah.  

Unfortunately, companies like WG consider their products "lifestyles" and heavily rely on attempts to drive FOMO... daily missions, weekly/monthly missions, tight deadlines, limited-time-offers, etc. 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[KREW]
Members
486 posts
22,345 battles

I think WG will realize they have shot themselves in the foot with returning players, by not zeroing out all commanders with the skill rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

I think WG will realize they have shot themselves in the foot with returning players, by not zeroing out all commanders with the skill rework.

WG is congenitally incapable of realizing their own mistakes. 

Negative feedback isn't received as a sign they screwed up, just a minor obstacle to overcome in implementing what they wanted to do anyway.  

  • Cool 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[TOG]
Members
279 posts
12,197 battles

They should have zero'd out everyone's captains when they went live with the new captain skills.

For various reasons, some people may have missed the entire previous patch and notes.

It would have been the right thing to do to cover the whole community.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
259
[WOLF3]
Members
682 posts
12,847 battles

Maby send in a ticket and ask for a reset? If it’s allowed I’m sure someone would say yes.

Edited by Drifter_X
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
259
[WOLF3]
Members
682 posts
12,847 battles
4 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

They should have zero'd out everyone's captains when they went live with the new captain skills.

For various reasons, some people may have missed the entire previous patch and notes.

It would have been the right thing to do to cover the whole community.

Wg knows the tolerance of thier customer base I think. Whoever is playing this game it doesn’t represent us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
306 posts
1,531 battles
1 hour ago, Guderian51 said:

Thanks a bunch WG...you screw up all my commander skills and now you want me to PAY MONEY to straighten them out?

Hi, welcome to Wargaming. Coffee machine’s in the corner, bathroom’s down the hall on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,294
[KWF]
Members
6,762 posts
7,321 battles
12 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

Maby send in a ticket and ask for a reset? If it’s allowed I’m sure someone would say yes.

Someone earlier posted a similar thread, their pleas for a reset as they were away during the free resets were denied. From what they said they uninstalled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
259
[WOLF3]
Members
682 posts
12,847 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Someone earlier posted a similar thread, their pleas for a reset as they were away during the free resets were denied. From what they said they uninstalled.

That’s super rough. Business and profits are good enough that basic customer service is not a priority at this point.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,479
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,625 posts
13,291 battles
48 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not every player obsessively plays every day or follows the details of every update when they're not playing the game. 

 

 

 I don't understand what does that have to with it ? If you don't play or look at things for over a month because of life or whatever you have to expect to miss some things . Life keeps moving on the game keeps moving on its not waiting around for us . How many times have we all missed sales or events we wanted to go to because of work or our kids soccer games . I mean you just can't expect them to get in touch with every body it's a fast changing world . Nothing for nothing but the info was all there . I feel bad for people who really had problems and couldn't get to the game for months but again you can't expect everything to stay the same while your busy . 

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,294
[KWF]
Members
6,762 posts
7,321 battles
24 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

That’s super rough. Business and profits are good enough that basic customer service is not a priority at this point.

 

Here's the thread, felt bad for the fella as based on their emblem they were long time players with thousands of battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

It was pretty obvious by the CEO's comments during the Puerto Rico event that WG cares about very little about anything except profits.  And apparently, the Russian business model doesn't value customer service (or satisfaction or loyalty) to the same degree as western countries when it comes to how service affects those profits.  Sad, but that's how it appears.

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
11 minutes ago, clammboy said:

 I don't understand what does that have to with it ? If you don't play or look at things for over a month because of life or whatever you have to expect to miss some things . Life keeps moving on the game keeps moving on its not waiting around for us . How many times have we all missed sales or events we wanted to go to because of work or our kids soccer games . I mean you just can't expect them to get in touch with every body it's a fast changing world . Nothing for nothing but the info was all there . I feel bad for people who really had problems and couldn't get to the game for months but again you can't expect everything to stay the same while your busy . 

WG made the decision to play bloody hell with the captain skills, and instead of just resetting all captains, they decided to auto-assign the new skills poorly and make a full reset opt-in

Having made the full reset opt-in, they then made it time-limited. 

It's 100% on WG, not that they will ever admit it... not that the "nothing is ever WG's fault" sorts will ever admit it.  

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,385
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,644 posts
27,416 battles

When Wargaming made the decision to change player's captain skills, it did not take a genius to see this kind of crap happening down the road. We have loads of veteran players who for whatever reason, have not opened the game for the past month, and will be trickling back in to find this nasty surprise waiting for them. This is no attack on the skills rework, I kind of like the changes, but assigning skills for players instead of just zeroing everyone out, is a level of stupidity and incompetence that I find hard to even fathom. 

Wargaming best figure this crap out before this trickle becomes a torrent. We have a large number of players who only come back to the game around the holidays and one can only imagine what kind of crap-storm is coming then. 

For those of you attacking the OP for not playing the game in a month, quit running your pie holes. You know damn well that skills should have been zeroed out and not given cookie cutter builds especially since one major reason for all this change was to diversify captain builds. It would be kind of funny if it were not so stupid and cost players money. 

 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
829
[WOLF7]
Members
1,107 posts
1 hour ago, HMS_Hoodwink said:

Hi, welcome to Wargaming. Coffee machine’s in the corner, bathroom’s down the hall on the right.

The beatings will continue until morale improves and payday is the 32nd of every month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[VORTX]
Members
733 posts
9,555 battles

WG should have auto reset everyone’s captions after that the patch. Super sketchy and a poor move on them for players that are casual or coming back from a break. The free resets where nice during the patch ... 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×