You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG there has been a rendering problem in this patch!

7 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,811 posts

Ships in open water 10 km away, firing and poof there gone.

I have seen some live streams were this has happened as well.

There must be a bug with this patch.  If you could look into this it would be helpful.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
2,236 posts
13,275 battles

Not to be snarky, but there is a forum specifically for bugs. And I'm sure if you have any replay showing this they would love to see them. I have noticed ships disappearing, but nothing in that close I always just assumed it was a spotting thing.

Members
5,671 posts
11,009 battles

Spotting mechanics can cause this and is VERY likely the explanation.  Especially since so few have the "issue".

Edited by CylonRed
  • Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,811 posts
40 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Spotting mechanics can cause this and is VERY likely the explanation.  Especially since so few have the "issue".

I have been watching live streams and some were having same problem.  Thought I would bring it up.

• Meh 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,643 posts
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

HA! No, it is either a bug or intentional bad coding.

I see it ALL the time in coop.

See a target, move guns to shoot...as soon as the guns line up, target disappears.... move them to another target, original target reappears seconds after aim is moved. Move guns back, target disappears again... Cycles like this maybe two or three times before target will actually stay visible.

Figured it was just another cheat used by the bots. But apparently it is a systemic problem if it happens in Randoms as well.

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

meh.. someone else spotted em as they are outside the range I would need to spot them .. but i can't swear that I haven't seen something abit whacky.. just can't be sure..   replay replay replay

[CYNIC]
Members
2,937 posts
7,861 battles

There's definitely something broken with spotting / detection right now.   Never mind how they changed CV spotted warning to something really stupid.  Given they broke that as a feature, no doubt there's been a lot of stealth features added even though they "don't make un-stated changes"