You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
barbaroja_Ar

Please remove NO SKILL warning or make it optional

39 comments in this topic

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
22,389 battles

Please remove the NO CAPTAIN or NO SKILLS ASSIGNED warning, or make it optional.

Either make a global or per ship checkbox so we can avoid the warning.

I have ships I will play with no captain or with a captain with no skills assigned yet.

Every time I want to play a ship with no captain or with one with no skills I got a warning.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 6

[ARGSY]
Members
23,460 posts
17,416 battles
6 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Please remove the NO CAPTAIN or NO SKILLS ASSIGNED warning, or make it optional.

I have ships I will play with no captain or with a captain with no skills assigned yet.

Every time I want to play a ship with no captain or with one with no skills I got a warning.

Next time you take out a ship with all the flags and the most expensive camos to do some commander grinding and the game reminds you that you forgot to move your captain back into it, you will remember this request of yours and realize why WG have set it up the way they did.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[FORM]
Members
2,236 posts
13,275 battles

Good idea! When I was cleaning off the last few snowflakes and getting my coal and steel, it was annoying to have to click that one extra time, every single time. 

There are so many wonderful little simple quality of life improvements that this game could have with check boxes. For example, I would love if I could just collect the resources container every time without having to go and watch the animation three times a day. Just give me a check box to choose what kind of containers I would collect if I don't bother to actually manually do it, wouldn't that be great! Then after I've collected a bunch of them I can just go open them all at once and save myself I don't know, probably a half an hour a month if the crane swinging animation... 😉

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Good idea! When I was cleaning off the last few snowflakes and getting Michael and steel, it was annoying to have to click that one extra time, every single time. 

There are so many wonderful little simple quality of life improvements that this game could have with check boxes. For example, I would love if I could just collect the resources container every time without having to go and watch the animation three times a day. Just give me a check box to choose what kind of containers I would collect if I don't bother to actually manually do it, wouldn't that be great! Then after I've collected a bunch of them I can just go open them all at once and save myself I don't know, probably a half an hour a month if the crane swinging animation... 😉

Last time some of us asked for a way to skip the big production on the "daily grind" containers, we were told off for not "valuing the hard work that went into the interface" or some such garbage. 

There's also a theory that it's a sort of "slot machine" effect that WG is going for, in order to trigger the weaknesses of some players.  "Pull the lever, what do you get!" 

Personally, I find it tiresome, and would love to skip the whole process. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,854 posts
6,142 battles

There is no reason to go out with no captain or a captain with no point use.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,460 posts
17,416 battles
4 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

There is no reason to go out with no captain or a captain with no point use.

I can see people with hundreds of ships who just want to blow the snowflakes off having no problem with a no-captain battle in co-op, but even then I'd rather have even a zero point captain in it so I can bring home a minuscule scraping of ECXP rather than none at all.

If you're flush with credits there's no problem raising at least a six-pointer instantaneously for Randoms; credit-poor players are in a stickier situation.

• Cool 2

[PISD]
Members
1,854 posts
6,142 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can see people with hundreds of ships who just want to blow the snowflakes off having no problem with a no-captain battle in co-op, but even then I'd rather have even a zero point captain in it so I can bring home a minuscule scraping of ECXP rather than none at all.

If you're flush with credits there's no problem raising at least a six-pointer instantaneously for Randoms; credit-poor players are in a stickier situation.

Basically. Especially with the « recall » option you can easily call back the appropriate captain on this ship.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Bad idea!

i almost went into a tier 10 battle without commander. The warning is excellent! Thanks wg!

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
22,389 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Next time you take out a ship with all the flags and the most expensive camos to do some commander grinding and the game reminds you that you forgot to move your captain back into it, you will remember this request of yours and realize why WG have set it up the way they did.

No captain, no skills no flags for the time being

If its optional its my fault if I [edited] it

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
22,389 battles
31 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Bad idea!

i almost went into a tier 10 battle without commander. The warning is excellent! Thanks wg!

OK, make it optional

This is a bad Co-Op battle, in the ship I´m using the most these days

image.thumb.png.7dd68847241c1294bb08fd42f1ae6cee.png

Usually, farm 250/300K credits per battle with 2K ECXP.

image.thumb.png.028159de152b04631403fb33003ccd48.png

image.thumb.png.8f8ec324ca5d034652c1ff52d292e4e6.png

No skills, but it asks me EVERY battle if I´m sure

In 2/3 patches when they get the skills right I may assign them, now I don't need them in Co-OP

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PISD]
Members
1,854 posts
6,142 battles
19 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

OK, make it optional

This is a bad Co-Op battle, in the ship I´m using the most these days

image.thumb.png.7dd68847241c1294bb08fd42f1ae6cee.png

Usually, farm 250/300K credits per battle with 2K ECXP.

image.thumb.png.028159de152b04631403fb33003ccd48.png

image.thumb.png.8f8ec324ca5d034652c1ff52d292e4e6.png

No skills, but it asks me EVERY battle if I´m sure

In 2/3 patches when they get the skills right I may assign them, now I don't need them in Co-OP

You base skills up to 10 pts will be the same , even when/ if they rebalance it.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
22,389 battles

No hurry, same results with or without skills, or even captain

• Thanks 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,736 posts
26,270 battles

Why would you run no captian at all in any game mode, even if what you get for it is minimal? That makes no sense. It's not like you're saving massive amounts of time by not putting on a captian. If you're just throwing stool at the wall to see what sticks, why even bother? Sorry, but this is just a ridiculous request.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,377 posts
13,755 battles

I thought OP was talking about some new feature that will warn me with this message:

"Are you sure you want to bring your potato stats to this tier and make your teammates suffer?"

• Haha 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,214 posts
12,792 battles
22 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Why would you run no captian at all in any game mode, even if what you get for it is minimal? That makes no sense. It's not like you're saving massive amounts of time by not putting on a captian. If you're just throwing stool at the wall to see what sticks, why even bother? Sorry, but this is just a ridiculous request.

It's a feature that's counter productive. The only reason I can think of is for WG to make playera not miss the extra umph of talent points on their commanders; to condition players to weaker ship parameters. Only WG knows the final answer.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,670 posts
25,163 battles

I don't mind the warning and understand that why it was included. It does get annoying since I am not assigning any skills to any captain until things get tweaked or fixed. Not that I don't trust Wargaming to give free captain skill resets for any changes, but I don't trust Wargaming generally so just going to stick with no skill, 21 point captains for a while. Since I don't think all players of the game are stupid, a opt out of the warning would have been nice. If someone opted out of the warning and then went into a match with no captain or no skills assigned and THEN complained, well we could call those people stupid. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[FORM]
Members
2,236 posts
13,275 battles
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Bad idea!

So, don't check the box, just leave it at the default warning then. Best for everyone!

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,937 posts
7,861 battles
4 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Peace off fool, if they've implemented a warning finally, it's long over-due.  You can play pleab ships if you want, but those of us that pay for the game want to know if our 21pt isn't on the bote

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,670 posts
25,163 battles
5 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Peace off fool, if they've implemented a warning finally, it's long over-due.  You can play pleab ships if you want, but those of us that pay for the game want to know if our 21pt isn't on the bote

Long overdue? LOL ok. Hyperbole much?

I play the game and yet I can figure out prior to a match whether a captain is aboard or not. But since you may not be privy to that information, there is a big picture of a captain in the upper right hand corner of your port screen when you select a ship. If that captain picture isn't there, then you don't have one on the boat.. Kind of hard to miss even for me and I am practically blind. 

• Thanks 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,937 posts
7,861 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Long overdue? LOL ok. Hyperbole much?

I play the game and yet I can figure out prior to a match whether a captain is aboard or not. But since you may not be privy to that information, there is a big picture of a captain in the upper right hand corner of your port screen when you select a ship. If that captain picture isn't there, then you don't have one on the boat.. Kind of hard to miss even for me and I am practically blind. 

I've got an ultrawide, that detail is in the next room.  Long overdue as in it should have never been an option to run a captain-less ship without being notified.  In ranked depending on the Q, it's beneficial to be able to quickly switch ships.  The UI has a very long way to go before it resembles anything worthy of an award.  As such yes, it should notify you if you're taking a ship with no captain -- as for the skills, I don't care about that, but it's better than not.  Nobody should be running without skills.  Literally no reason to not have a handful of skills used on every captain.  Regardless of the re-work, there's base skill that each ship should be running.

Edited by CV_Jeebies
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Why am I thinking that for most of the game's history, the BATTLE button was grayed-out if the ship didn't have a captain assigned... 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,937 posts
7,861 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Why am I thinking that for most of the game's history, the BATTLE button was grayed-out if the ship didn't have a captain assigned... 

because it wouldn't let you take a ship without its captain, duh

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

because it wouldn't let you take a ship without its captain, duh

So how could a warning be "long overdue" for something that you couldn't even do until a few weeks ago?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,937 posts
7,861 battles

It was stated clearly in the post you placed your question after -- try refreshing the thread.  If an obvious bug is present and it takes a whole patch cycle to rectify, it's long over-due.