Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CC123

How to increase the difficulty setting for Narai

18 comments in this topic

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
10,013 battles

Easy setting = Full team

Medium setting = 5 Man team

image.thumb.png.0c0443158fbc9e4066ffbc7763a7c067.png

image.thumb.png.7b919b807a9c67a227d47b97a1c58b25.png

Hard Setting = 4 Man team

image.thumb.png.56e67eb6c43585b86360b9d6d1ffc832.png

image.thumb.png.4371ad2db464d72736a231c901bc1e25.png

image.thumb.png.e89c965384bfd9e453c5fc3b5a9fe5dd.png

Looking forward to trying extra hard.

• Meh 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

anyone remember back before the nerf?  

keep posting this stuff...

• Cool 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,230 posts
17,272 battles

4 man Narai isn't as hard as folks make it out to be.  It was easy to 5s constantly when all 4 know what to do.  A bit of luck is involved though, as there are numerous times where one shell will start two fires.  With CRW (Commander Rework), Cruisers are much more susceptible to "1 shell, 2 fires" now, so it's going to be a little more difficult.  So from Easy, to, Fairly Easy. :Smile_Default:

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,275 battles

Too bad the econ nerf made doing 4/5 man runs pay out nowhere near the levels of rewards previously.

Those rewards are mediocre at best when doing a normal full 7 man run on Narai and in fact solo queueing in Narai pays out way more if you know what you're doing

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,669 posts
25,163 battles

The easiest way to make Nari harder is to use crappier ships. The Scharnhorst is a beast in that OP.

• Cool 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
10,013 battles

Feel free to post your 5 and 4 man runs in Narai.

As for the results, the second one has little to no flags and the first only a few flags.

I like to share my damage and an in turn, xp, as it is no fun "hogging" all the damage unnecessarily. Most games, I'll stop at roughly 200k damage so as to ensure my team mates get in on the fun. To me, when playing with friends, a good run in Narai is where everybody on your team gets upwards of 900 base damage.

I do not care about the nerf to Narai. If I wanted to play a farming simulator, I would play an actual farming simulator. I only play Narai for the friends that are on at the same time who like to play together. Anything else including XP is a bonus.

Of which, most have come a very long way since starting OPs, some despite having played the game for several years, only started playing OPs in the last 12 months after myself and one or two others convinced them it could be a lot of fun. They now agree and enjoy playing them as a group, usually with more banter than strat talk.

So for those that missed my point, you do not have to wait for wargaming to introduce a difficulty setting, get a group together that enjoy's each others company and try doing Narai with less than a full team. See how you go working out what ships work/don't work etc and lastly, forget what everybody else thinks and just play the game for what it is, a game.

If you are short a man or two and want a ring-in to help, feel free to add me in game. I'll be happy to help in any way I can and I frequently use discord.

Cheers
CC123

Edited by CC123
  • Thanks 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,275 battles

Most don't play ops nowadays to chill.

A large number of players that do play ops, plays it as an alternative way of earning credit and xp/fxp.

Playing in a 5 man or 4 man closed Narai games are not profitable for the effort required.

This what a pre-nerf Narai yields when doing a 5 man run

shot-19_09.11_23_50.27-0951.thumb.jpg.087b5c12a3e40ccb059697e049c7b1b3.jpg

shot-19_09.11_23_50.24-0964.thumb.jpg.647b5f2083913139af60dc0215fa64e9.jpg

Even the bottom scoring ship earned just as much as the top earner in a post nerf Narai 5 man. Also your 4 man run earned even less whereas the pre nerf 4 man would've earned even more than the pre nerf 5 man run.

It's just ain't worth most player's time doing 4/5 man Narai runs since most players playing ops don't only play it for fun, but also as a way to grind too.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
10,013 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Also your 4 man run earned even less whereas the pre nerf 4 man would've earned even more than the pre nerf 5 man run.

Re-read my second post, especially the bit about the flags.

Post nerf, roughly speaking, I earn on average between 5 to 15 times more on a Narai run than I do on a good run in COOP. So I do not know how you think this is not worth doing if farming XP is your thing.

As far as popularity goes, when pubbing, I find that Narai has a lot of regular farmers and is one of the busier operations in the cycle.

Edited by CC123

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,275 battles
1 hour ago, CC123 said:

Re-read my second post, especially the bit about the flags.

Post nerf, roughly speaking, I earn on average between 5 to 15 times more on a Narai run than I do on a good run in COOP. So I do not know how you think this is not worth doing if farming XP is your thing.

As far as popularity goes, when pubbing, I find that Narai has a lot of regular farmers and is one of the busier operations in the cycle.

If you're gonna be using flags, then stick to a full 7 man Narai or solo queue since that's where the use of the flags becomes worthwhile, it's a huge waste to use them on 4/5 man Narai right now runs as shown previously

1 hour ago, CC123 said:

As I've stated before, running 4/5 man Narai are not popular anymore and outright discouraging to do.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
On 2/21/2021 at 2:11 PM, Taylor3006 said:

The easiest way to make Nari harder is to use crappier ships. The Scharnhorst is a beast in that OP.

Scharnhorst on Narai is was my jam. 

I'd have played cruisers on Narai more often, but other players have a great urge to take giant craps on the cruiser who, say, goes after the red transports... I think at least 80% of the time there's at least one other player who doesn't know or doesn't care about the bonus mission for soloing those transports. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
10,013 battles
12 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

If you're gonna be using flags, then stick to a full 7 man Narai or solo queue since that's where the use of the flags becomes worthwhile, it's a huge waste to use them on 4/5 man Narai right now runs as shown previously

13 hours ago, CC123 said:

As I've stated before, running 4/5 man Narai are not popular anymore and outright discouraging to do.

Just gonna facepalm this cause either you can't read, or just lack basic comprehension.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,275 battles
5 hours ago, CC123 said:

Just gonna facepalm this cause either you can't read, or just lack basic comprehension.

I guess you also can't comprehend that not everyone plays the game or views it the same way you do?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,456 posts
17,416 battles
7 hours ago, CC123 said:

He's trying to give you good advice, and he knows more about operations than the vast majority of players. You can reject his advice if you like, but you should be a little more polite about it.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,897 posts
9,845 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 12:52 PM, Vader_Sama said:

and in fact solo queueing in Narai pays out way more if you know what you're doing

This is why I dropped off Hoperations and division play for Narai. Scratch divs from the Operations channel in game chat and pub queue during Scenario of the Week are more likely to come up with a full team, and that team is likely to be potato enough that I'll be the top scorer but is only infrequently so potato that I can't carry.

[WOLF7]
Members
97 posts
On 2/21/2021 at 9:06 PM, KilljoyCutter said:

Scharnhorst on Narai is was my jam. 

I'd have played cruisers on Narai more often, but other players to to take giant craps on the cruiser who, say, goes after the red transports... I think at least 80% of the time there's at least one other player who doesn't know or doesn't care about the bonus mission for soloing those transports. 

Yea when I'm in cruiser going for transports there's always another player get to take your kill away from you, last night had a skane needed help on transports, I didn't kill one transport, he just enough to get his shots in, I still was first place in the end with no kills in that operation. He thank me at that last transport died he got his shrimp badge. It's All bout team effort.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,607 posts

I usually get out the Scharnhorst. Let her go. Once the shooting begins its about 20 minutes until it's all over give or take.

I did make the mistake taking the Italian BB in after rransports once time. The reloading turned out to be so long two tranports rammed me. Followed by a third in due time while I sat there waiting for the stupid engine to get functional again. I kept cooled and continued to function. I had lost about 35K hull, watched another 15k burn and flooding hung the rest.

I logged out of that game. Clan asked if I was ok, I told them ask me again tomorrow. It was good thta spring had sprung but nto so good that the game allowed such a POS ship into active game play,. In spite of myself, they taught me some new things. So... I think it will work out.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts
2 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I usually get out the Scharnhorst. Let her go. Once the shooting begins its about 20 minutes until it's all over give or take.

I did make the mistake taking the Italian BB in after rransports once time. The reloading turned out to be so long two tranports rammed me. Followed by a third in due time while I sat there waiting for the stupid engine to get functional again. I kept cooled and continued to function. I had lost about 35K hull, watched another 15k burn and flooding hung the rest.

I logged out of that game. Clan asked if I was ok, I told them ask me again tomorrow. It was good thta spring had sprung but nto so good that the game allowed such a POS ship into active game play,. In spite of myself, they taught me some new things. So... I think it will work out.

as i play primarily coop...  and little ops... yeah ITA bb's are a non-starter for me.  between slow reload, sap damage cap, and useless secondaries...   all things counter to what makes a decent coop ship...

Sign in to follow this