You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Mino question

9 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
479 posts
12,908 battles

How is the Mino in the current meta? It is the only tier X tech tree cruiser that I don't have. If I decide to get it based on comments how would it be best played. TIA

[PISD]
Members
1,846 posts
6,128 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

How is the Mino in the current meta? It is the only tier X tech tree cruiser that I don't have. If I decide to get it based on comments how would it be best played. TIA

Well, BB can dev strike you slightly more, but there is less radar ships and more DD to hunt making her somewhat a ´High risk/ high reward ships’. And the rework did not change a lot Mino build, albeit you can drop some point for torpedoes skills with her.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,070 posts

Mino wasn't ever a 'commander reliant' ship.  It still isn't.  You cant get by with much fewer points on your commander than most other tier ten ships.  Mino is usually considered one of the tougher ships to play and you have to enjoy the play style.  Some people just don't like playing a 'smoke' based ship.  You can play it with radar, but there a much better tier 10 ships to do that in.  

[Y0L0W]
Members
380 posts
9,109 battles
3 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

how would it be best played.

There's two main playstyles for Mino: smoke or radar.

Smoke Mino is the most common and easiest to play. Get in range, smoke up, and hold down LMB. Launch torps if you can. Rinse and Repeat. This is fairly safe, but be sure to be moving in your smoke, since a well-placed shot into your smoke can end your day fairly quickly.

Radar Mino is much harder to play, just because you don't have a smoke screen to bail you out, and if you want to farm damage you'll either have to find an island waifu or be really good at open water shell juking. This can be really risky, since Mino just eats citadels/pens from almost any angle. But if you can avoid getting devstruck, the superheal does a great job of helping you recover from getting chunked

Mino has stupid good detect (9.1km IIRC) so its fairly easy to get close to caps to help support DD's at the start of the match. Just be sure you have an escape route behind an island or something, cause everyone likes to shoot at Mino's. After you've dealt with the DD, just start farming. try to find a spot with a lot of broadsides to shoot at, or at least a place where no one is bow in. Since you only have AP, your damage output can be mitigated fairly well by going bow in. This is less of an issue with Mino compared to the other ships in the line, since Mino just spits out so many shells, but it's still something to consider. Also don't forget about your torps. Mino has a pretty good torp loadout (4x4) IIRC, with decent damage and ok speed. OFC dont force yourself to use them, but don't forget about them.

Members
5,664 posts
11,000 battles
1 hour ago, SirPent13 said:

Mino has stupid good detect (9.1km IIRC) so its fairly easy to get close to caps to help support DD's at the start of the match. Just be sure you have an escape route behind an island or something, cause everyone likes to shoot at Mino's.

One of the first ships I shoot at if I can...

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,555 posts

Minotaur is SO squishy. Crit city too. You can delete it with a good applied set of BB rounds AP fired one time.

With that said I usually go smoke and play it like a giant DD in games. I'll sit and spam until sinky. And repeat.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles

Minotaur even in the best of times in the Old Skill System was a stressful ship to play.  She can be great, but any mistakes was instantly punished harshly.  Minotaurs and other RNCLs by nature tend to play pretty close to the action, near the caps.  That playstyle alone is very risky.  You mess up and you were the closest spotted target the reds will see and they will instantly prioritize you.  You mess up in Minotaur, in all likeliness, you weren't going to make a second one.  You won't survive the first.

Today with Dead Eye BBs, that's going to be even more dangerous.

[PHD]
Members
277 posts
8,729 battles
23 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

One of the first ships I shoot at if I can...

I play co-op games and whenever I spot one, as well Smolensk, I immediately point it out and they go down quick when 2-4 ships are shooting it up.