You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Girlz_Day

Perm Camo for all Tier 5 ships...why not?

21 comments in this topic

Members
316 posts
6,039 battles

I like playing my T5 ships and I just wish they all had the option for a perm camo. 

Why not offer this WoW??  Seems like it would be simple!?!

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
7 minutes ago, Girlz_Day said:

I like playing my T5 ships and I just wish they all had the option for a perm camo. 

I never understood why Perma Camos don't start at T3. I can kind of see why none for T1/T2 but T3+ should offer them. Just a lost $$$ opportunity for WG. For a company that tries to monetize everything they can not doing something so obvious is baffling.

They could even make generic ones like the Holiday/Campaign ones we get that you buy and assign to a ship of your choice T3-T5. No need to do 1 camo for every ship. Just do a generic one we can use on a ship of cur choice.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[CO-OP]
Members
2,098 posts
27,660 battles

Konigsberg needs all the help she can get camo and armor wise, love that ship but my god talk about fragile.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,354 posts

I was looking at the collections yesterday and buying crates (with coal) to complete the 2nd anniversary collection - (hey, why not).

They had one item where WG discussed how people were not doing Tier X until they came up with the idea of perma-camo.

That thinking - perma-camo as something to enable/get people to play a tier more - isn't really an issue at V, at least in WG's mind.

I suppose the thinking could be if you offer perma-camo at all levels you make the game overtly P2W but, realistically, that's already true as soon as you introduce any premium option. 

What they are missing out on is a revenue source from a group of players that would gladly pay for it - WG should just get it done. :etc_red_button:

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,834 battles

IMO they need to rework the camo system: 

1. More variety for the basic “3” 
  2. Expand the concept of Perma-camo for the ship of your choice in a given tier.
  3. Adding a basic camo generator to make simple, historical looking designs customized for your favorite ships.
  • Cool 1

[_AAM_]
Alpha Tester
487 posts
9,058 battles

Personally, I'd like a good 'Western Approaches' permacamo for all the UK ships.

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
1,858 posts
7,264 battles

I think the idea was to make people want to move up to higher tiers. The temp camos are a market resource for people to spend gold getting the camos or playing events to earn the special ones. Not every carrot is a carrot.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,534 posts
2,213 battles

Well suggest this once but apparently, wargaming too is lazy to care about low tier ships and camo :fish_sleep: 

Edited by LastRemnant

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,830 posts

well, with events, they are starting to fill out some of the perma-camo spots in t5 tech ships.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,671 posts
25,163 battles

I never understood why they didn't offer perm camo for all tiers. There was a day I would have bought all of the low tier camos but now I do not play the tech tree stuff any more. It is all about the premiums now. 

Members
525 posts
3,020 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, GrayPanther2018 said:

I think the idea was to make people want to move up to higher tiers. The temp camos are a market resource for people to spend gold getting the camos or playing events to earn the special ones. Not every carrot is a carrot.

Agreed, I think they see the pops declining and are happy to let the low (and even mid-) tiers empty out to concentrate everyone at 8-10.

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, Anonymous50 said:

I was looking at the collections yesterday and buying crates (with coal) to complete the 2nd anniversary collection - (hey, why not).

They had one item where WG discussed how people were not doing Tier X until they came up with the idea of perma-camo.

That thinking - perma-camo as something to enable/get people to play a tier more - isn't really an issue at V, at least in WG's mind.

I suppose the thinking could be if you offer perma-camo at all levels you make the game overtly P2W but, realistically, that's already true as soon as you introduce any premium option. 

What they are missing out on is a revenue source from a group of players that would gladly pay for it - WG should just get it done. :etc_red_button:

Except outside of T10 perma camos the rest of them are not as good as the vast majority of the 1X use ones we get flooded with. Maybe T9 could be lumped with the T10 for the -20% service fee (really should get + credits too - needs a buff) but a lot of one time use camos add +20-30% credits so that is an offset favoring them. T10 perma camos are the best by far and the rest are just nothing special anymore.

T5-T8 perma camos, other than special ones like Kobayashi, are all just -10% service fee and +50% XP.  That is hardly P2W when the free one time use ones we can easily get in huge amounts are better. I mean I gathered a huge pile of the Winter Strands camo (+30% Credits/+100% XP/+100% FXP) this past December/January for free and they are better than any perma outside of a T10.

Honestly, the perma camos in game have, like a lot of older content, been power crept by all these 1X use camos that are given out like candy now (not complaining about free stuff = gimmie gimmie gimmie LOL). T5-T9 perma camos need buffs (IMHO), or some do anyway, so I wouldn't call them P2W by any measure. 

• T5-T6 I would probably leave alone at -10% Service Fee / +50% XP (at those tiers the economy and grind do not need more)
  • T7 I would do something like +5% Credits / -15% Service Fee / +75% XP
  • T8 I would do something like +5% Credits / -20% Service Fee / +100% XP
  • T9 I would do something like +10% Credits / -30% Service Fee / +100% XP

There should be more benefit to real $$$ spent on camos. And even if the above were added as buffs to the camos it still isn't P2W. It could be considered P2A (Advance). Camos offer no tactical advantage (outside of the 3%/4% they all do).

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,055 posts
4,626 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, Girlz_Day said:

I'm all for this! Kongo, Pyotr Velkiy, and my Iron Duke can get perma-camos then! STRANGELY ENOUGH, New York actually has a perma-camo....so why not the rest, right?

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles

Because the lower in tier you go, the less they'll go on sale for.  I don't know if you guys haven't noticed it yet over the last few years, but the Premium Ships, extra Perma-Camo have shifted to Tier VII+, particularly High Tier, where such things go for more money.

Tier V New York's Type 15 Perma-Camo is 1k Doubloons.

Tier VII Colorado Type 17 Perma-Camo is 2k.

Tier IX Seattle Type 19 & Go Navy! are 4k each.

Tier X Vermont Type 20 is 5k.

Some special Perma-Camo in these later tiers go even higher, like Makoto Kobayashi Camo, Space Battles Camo, etc.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage#Special_Camouflage

Space Battles Camo such as "Paris" camo for Tier X Republique were going for 8k Doubloons.  The normal Perma-Camo price for Tier X is 5k.

Tier VIII Roma's Makoto Kobayashi Camo, a.k.a. The Beer Can / Salt Shaker Perma-Camo was 7k... For a Tier VIII ship!

efZcuoV.jpg

The always popular Tier X Yamato even received a fancy Makoto Kobayashi Perma-Camo that was part of a pricey package.  I can't recall the price but I will say with confidence it wasn't to the tune of the typical 5k Doubloons worth for Tier X Perma-Camo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WPORT]
Members
8,227 posts
13,265 battles
On 2/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, Girlz_Day said:

Yep.  I'd like that, too.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:52 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I never understood why Perma Camos don't start at T3. I can kind of see why none for T1/T2 but T3+ should offer them. Just a lost $$$ opportunity for WG. For a company that tries to monetize everything they can not doing something so obvious is baffling.

They could even make generic ones like the Holiday/Campaign ones we get that you buy and assign to a ship of your choice T3-T5. No need to do 1 camo for every ship. Just do a generic one we can use on a ship of cur choice.

That's a start.

On 2/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, WaywardVariable said:

IMHO They should offer Perma camos for all ships regardless of tier.

Bingo!   ^^^^This is a notion I can agree with.

A squandered marketing opportunity, eh?

• Cool 2

Members
316 posts
6,039 battles
On 2/23/2021 at 5:52 PM, Navis_Nobilite said:

I've been asking for this for years. I'd love to have the Kongo with permacamo.

I so agree!  

• Cool 1

Members
316 posts
6,039 battles

Maybe even some T5 Azur Lane Perm camo!!

azur-lane-CV.png

I can dream...

Edited by Girlz_Day

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles
3 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

Maybe even some T5 Azur Lane Perm camo!!

azur-lane-CV.png

I can dream...

Azur Lane has a bunch of the ships from WoWS in the game, possibly having them for captains also.  For Tier V:

Spoiler

Marblehead

128px-MarbleheadShipyardIcon.png

Omaha

128px-OmahaShipyardIcon.png

Nicholas

128px-NicholasShipyardIcon.png

Emile Bertin

128px-%C3%89mile_BertinShipyardIcon.png

G.Cesare

128px-Giulio_CesareShipyardIcon.png

Conte di Cavour

128px-Conte_di_CavourShipyardIcon.png

Kongo-class (Kongo, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima)

128px-KongouShipyardIcon.png128px-HieiShipyardIcon.png128px-HarunaShipyardIcon.png128px-KirishimaShipyardIcon.png

Exeter

128px-ExeterShipyardIcon.png

Acasta

128px-AcastaShipyardIcon.png

Konigsberg

128px-K%C3%B6nigsbergShipyardIcon.png

Gangut (BB Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya was originally named Gangut when in Imperial Russian service)

128px-GangutShipyardIcon.png

Bogue used to exist in Tier V as a CVE, but she disappeared as a playable ship with the CV Rework.

128px-BogueShipyardIcon.png

There's a new event in AL right now that introduced some more Russian ships, to include Tier V Gremyaschy, who is in WoWS.  Gremy got pulled from WoWS Premium Shop a very long time ago, 2016 I think, because she was OP.

128px-GremyashchyShipyardIcon.png

Murmansk was put in also (Comrade Americanski, USS Milwaukee;  IMO still the best of the Omaha-class CLs in WoWS)

128px-MurmanskShipyardIcon.png

Kirov

128px-KirovShipyardIcon.png

Interestingly, Azur Lane has not introduced any ships equivalent to Tier X from WoWS.  No Yamato / Musashi.  Even Iowa-class for Tier IX isn't in the game, but some other IX's have appeared in Azur Lane like FDG, Sovetskaya Rossiya, Fletcher, etc.  They even have Seattle & Georgia.

Seattle

128px-SeattleShipyardIcon.png

Georgia

128px-GeorgiaShipyardIcon.png

Drake

128px-DrakeShipyardIcon.png

Izumo

128px-IzumoShipyardIcon.png

Kitakaze

128px-KitakazeShipyardIcon.png

FDG

128px-Friedrich_der_Gro%C3%9FeShipyardIc

Z46

128px-Z46ShipyardIcon.png

Etc.

Sky's the limit, WG has already had a WoWS x AL collab multiple times already, but I do wish they did a better job on the AL perma-camo for ships.

• Cool 2