You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Really?

35 comments in this topic

[O7]
Supertester
392 posts
13,174 battles

It's a valid question though. Why are you taking a untrained 21pt captain into battle? 

This feature was added due to the free reset and to prevent players from accidentally entering battle with untrained captains

Edited by Your_SAT_Score
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,515 posts
2,180 battles

Twenty-one point captain problems :Smile_sceptic: Me with my 14 point captain been all jelly of you peeps :Smile_unsure:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,102 battles
27 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

eHMvHZt.png

200.gif

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

I'll enter with a unskilled 21 point captian despite the popup.

Just need about 8 years to grind out one. The closest 19 still needs a effing Million ECXP which will NEVER happen in my lifetime.

• Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,758 posts
1 hour ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

It's a valid question though. Why are you taking a untrained 21pt captain into battle? 

This feature was added due to the free reset and to prevent players from accidentally entering battle with untrained captains

You know there changing them not long from now.

[O7]
Supertester
392 posts
13,174 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Until WG is done messing with the skills I will not train any captains.

Because if I do they will charge me to reskill.

If you are concerned about retraining captains, I recommend at least spending 10pts on your core skills.

10/14pts is considered the minimum needed to be competitive in high tier randoms. In addition, the first 10pts are very unlikely to change barring a drastic buff/nerf so they are a safe investment. 

If you do decide to respec, then it should be cheaper as you spend less captain exp to respec.

It's understandable that you fear that the possible skill changes can screw with your current build. But I would argue not investing into any skill is worse as you are actively gimping yourself everytime you click battle. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,539 posts
17 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

If you are concerned about retraining captains, I recommend at least spending 10pts on your core skills.

10/14pts is considered the minimum needed to be competitive in high tier randoms. In addition, the first 10pts are very unlikely to change barring a drastic buff/nerf so they are a safe investment. 

If you do decide to respec, then it should be cheaper as you spend less captain exp to respec.

It's understandable that you fear that the possible skill changes can screw with your current build. But I would argue not investing into any skill is worse as you are actively gimping yourself everytime you click battle. 

WG since I have been playing has NEVER done the right thing.

As far as gimping myself I haven't noticed any changes in my credits, exp or my game play.

I will wait unskilled until July if necessary I have a bad feeling about WG really messing with you guys that have trained your captains.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Until WG is done messing with the skills I will not train any captains.

Because if I do they will charge me to reskill.

So why didn’t you just say that in the first place and save of us some time .. Why the title and a misleading question . Really all the drama !!! 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,873 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

So why didn’t you just say that in the first place and save of us some time .. Why the title and a misleading question . Really all the drama !!! 

I wasn't mislead by it...figured out exactly what he was saying by his OP.

I'm not doing the same thing but he's not the only person on the forums that have stated they're doing exactly what he's doing...& for the same exact reasons why he's doing it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,219 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I wasn't mislead by it...figured out exactly what he was saying by his OP.

I'm not doing the same thing but he's not the only person on the forums that have stated they're doing exactly what he's doing...& for the same exact reasons why he's doing it.

So no captain because he's scared that WG will change the skills and leave him out to dry . Sorry I missed that from the title it still doesn't make much sense though it could be a while before they change things . I mean we don't really even know if there going to change things . We are all just kind of assuming this or have they said something I missed ?

Edited by clammboy

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
6 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

As far as gimping myself I haven't noticed any changes in my credits, exp or my game play.

I will wait unskilled until July if necessary I have a bad feeling about WG really messing with you guys that have trained your captains.

this....

i don't sit there and analyze my ship's performance to the n'th degree.. but maybe this is an example of the population blowing things all out of proportion?  the skills don't have as big an impact as many like to think..?

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
316 posts
6,856 battles

I'd be better with fixing the fact that you can go into battle without a commander and WITHOUT a warning...  Now that I'm using a single commander (like GL) on several ships it's pretty easy for me to forget to move my commander over.

[WOLF6]
Members
204 posts
7,255 battles
6 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

hope you primarly a co op player and if skill points dont affect your performance, skill points matters not why not skill up and get rid of the annoyance. 

but if history is any indication  they will offer reset if any significant changes happens 

[HINON]
Members
14,007 posts
18 minutes ago, DEWEY_96_ said:

I'd be better with fixing the fact that you can go into battle without a commander and WITHOUT a warning.

Agreed.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
7 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Meh, if you can play without any skills and not gimp yourself, no reason to worry about what WG might do to the skills.

I get your rationale, but I can't see WG making the skills worse than having none, so I'll be fine with whatever they do to my chosen skills.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
57 minutes ago, clammboy said:

So no captain because he's scared that WG will change the skills and leave him out to dry . Sorry I missed that from the title it still doesn't make much sense though it could be a while before they change things . I mean we don't really even know if there going to change things . We are all just kind of assuming this or have they said something I missed ?

Not scared; reserving the effort for when the effort counts towards your efforts to improve vis-a'-vis force you expend assets for less than you started with.....   Some are just saying No.  Some, have simply given up and really, don't care anymore.

Some are rebelling and playing this "new game" as a simple arcade shooter that doesn't require anything to "blow crap up...."  Some, it's just the last straw and they simply, seriously, don't care.  I've seen that in Ranked......"what's the point" discussions and their ships mirror their angst........  The "but....." argument isn't effective because what our host has done isn't effective......  It has degraded the game and now, the game costs us more just to play and what we lost isn't recoverable......in any way.  Do you see that....?

40 minutes ago, SKurj said:

this....

i don't sit there and analyze my ship's performance to the n'th degree.. but maybe this is an example of the population blowing things all out of proportion?  the skills don't have as big an impact as many like to think..?

Do we really need skills is the real question>?  And, if we don't, this change becomes something else.  I don't see a radical difference ?  So.............

I set my 21 point CPT's (the 5 major countries I have ships in) and will not change them; or, even work on my 19 pointer (18 of them) ever.  There is no point in expending the energy because there in no reason to support the game by doing so.....  If our host wants terrible game play, so be it.........  They will reap what they sow and the population will stall, not grow and what little quality there is will fade as more and more veteran players retire.  And that, might just be their strategic goal.....

[A-I-M]
Members
3,860 posts
14,878 battles
9 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Every battle I get asked the same thing.

How about once a day WG.

eHMvHZt.png

Given your ingame ID, maybe the message is a personal dig/commentary from WG.

• Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Not scared; reserving the effort for when the effort counts towards your efforts to improve vis-a'-vis force you expend assets for less than you started with.....   Some are just saying No.  Some, have simply given up and really, don't care anymore.

Some are rebelling and playing this "new game" as a simple arcade shooter that doesn't require anything to "blow crap up...."  Some, it's just the last straw and they simply, seriously, don't care.  I've seen that in Ranked......"what's the point" discussions and their ships mirror their angst........  The "but....." argument isn't effective because what our host has done isn't effective......  It has degraded the game and now, the game costs us more just to play and what we lost isn't recoverable......in any way.  Do you see that....?

Do we really need skills is the real question>?  And, if we don't, this change becomes something else.  I don't see a radical difference ?  So.............

I set my 21 point CPT's (the 5 major countries I have ships in) and will not change them; or, even work on my 19 pointer (18 of them) ever.  There is no point in expending the energy because there in no reason to support the game by doing so.....  If our host wants terrible game play, so be it.........  They will reap what they sow and the population will stall, not grow and what little quality there is will fade as more and more veteran players retire.  And that, might just be their strategic goal.....

my point being those extra few % increases in performance will have a visible impact over many games... but does it have much of an impact on the 3 games you play today...

obviously the forum is populated by those who may have the most invested in the game, and most likely to min/max... 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
7 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Do we really need skills is the real question>? 

Of course not. There's probably thousands of players who can't make use of better concealment, or knowing how many ships are targeting them, or an extra heal, or being on fire for a shorter duration.

But those of us who can make use of these will enjoy an advantage.

7 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I set my 21 point CPT's (the 5 major countries I have ships in) and will not change them; or, even work on my 19 pointer (18 of them) ever.  There is no point in expending the energy because there in no reason to support the game by doing so.....

Yet you've already expended the energy to create 21-point captains. If you truly didn't want to expend energy, you'd have left them at whatever they were at pre-rework.

IOW, you've already expended more energy than a lot of people 

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Of course not. There's probably thousands of players who can't make use of better concealment, or knowing how many ships are targeting them, or an extra heal, or being on fire for a shorter duration.

But those of us who can make use of these will enjoy an advantage.

Yet you've already expended the energy to create 21-point captains. If you truly didn't want to expend energy, you'd have left them at whatever they were at pre-rework.

IOW, you've already expended more energy than a lot of people 

Only because I had the value and "stuff" before the Skill Tree change....  From playing a lot of this game I like.  Now, semi-retired.  Just play the 21 pointers over and over.  Earn some free stuff and spend zero again.  I did give the "spend a little for early access" and that was fun.....  Now........  the game for me has flattened out.   Nothing compelling anymore.  So, I'll play somewhat and read the forums.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Only because I had the value and "stuff" before the Skill Tree change....  From playing a lot of this game I like.  Now, semi-retired.  Just play the 21 pointers over and over.  Earn some free stuff and spend zero again.  I did give the "spend a little for early access" and that was fun.....  Now........  the game for me has flattened out.   Nothing compelling anymore.  So, I'll play somewhat and read the forums.

there is a whole group of players that say this everytime things change...   "i don't like it i will close my wallet and likely reduce my game play now"

a lot of those in this thread said the same thing about cv's...  

sounds more like the objections were overblown or they actually would have walked away and wouldn't still be posting...

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

there is a whole group of players that say this everytime things change...   "i don't like it i will close my wallet and likely reduce my game play now"

a lot of those in this thread said the same thing about cv's...  

sounds more like the objections were overblown or they actually would have walked away and wouldn't still be posting...

To be honest, I have closed my wallet and have cut play significantly.  All of those I knew from other games have left.  A few old clan mates drop in and we division in Narai and have a blast.  The rest.............are gone.

And yes, bad changes drive people out of "consistent play"......  Many come back because they are invested in the game.  Some come back, play until it is no fun again, and retired for a few months.

But, look at the data.........do you see a growth curve?  Last I looked, we are status quo............and, status quo is what compelled our host to change the game.  And, repeat the mature game cycle and that, does not bode well historically......no matter how many titles they carry.  And, Society is catching up to Videogames......  And, some time in the near future, games will be compelled to change how they do business......  That time is a lot closer than you know.