Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven_Smith_1

Captain skills are transferred incorrectly

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

28
[SCCC2]
Members
95 posts
8,713 battles

I'm just coming back to the game after a few months off. The new captain skill tree has misappropriated all of my points. My Benham has dazzle. My Shima has consumables enhancements. It will cost me tens of dollars to fix this mistake on my own. I did not agree to these builds. Please blank my captain skills so I can assign them appropriately.

Edited by Raven_Smith_1
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,754
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles

They put their suggested skills on the captains. You should have come back a few weeks back and you could have reset all of your captains for free.

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,380
[CVA16]
Members
6,206 posts
19,108 battles

Unfortunately you have missed the free respecc period. Still, a ticket to WG might elicit some help  if you can show you haven't logged on in a few months.

 

WGs assigned skills can be a bit suspect. 

 

Good luck

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,369
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,669 posts
25,163 battles

Yeah I didn't understand this about the skills rework. Instead of assigning skills automatically, they should have zeroed them out instead. Players coming back to the game after an absence, are in for a nasty surprise. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,425
[WOLFC]
Members
2,606 posts
11,119 battles
55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I didn't understand this about the skills rework. Instead of assigning skills automatically, they should have zeroed them out instead. Players coming back to the game after an absence, are in for a nasty surprise. 

Especially because you now get a message when you attempt to enter a battle with a commander with no assigned skills, so the risk of accidentally forgetting to assign those points would have been minimal. I don’t want to assume malice, but I can honestly think of no good reason WG set it up this way other than to encourage players in situations like the OP’s to spend doubloons. Maybe they hoped it would get people to try out some of the new skills that were automatically assigned, but that seems a bit of a stretch. The new UI already indicates skills WG recommends, so players would have been encouraged to at least examine those skills regardless.

Then there is the issue that most of the “recommended” skill builds are questionable, and I get the impression that WG simply assigned ships into general categories (i.e. torpedo DDs, etc) and trees (i.e. American destroyers) and then just handed out cookie-cutter builds based on those criteria.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,369
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,669 posts
25,163 battles
Just now, Nevermore135 said:

Then there is the issue that most of the of “recommended” skill builds are questionable, and I get the impression that WG simply assigned ships into general categories (i.e. torpedo DDs, etc) and trees (i.e. American destroyers) and then just handed out cookie-cutter builds based on those criteria.

Agreed. It is kind of absurd when you realize that a big reason Wargaming did the skills rework was to diversify builds and yet, assigned cookie cutter builds to all captains according to type of ship........................ 

Not sure whether that is funny or sad... 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[SCCC2]
Members
95 posts
8,713 battles

They denied my request. Uninstalled. I will not spend real money because they meddled my builds without consent.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[MR-1]
Members
1,815 posts
22,364 battles

sorry to hear you left the game @Raven_Smith_1  your probbly not the only one to do this ....i have to agree what @Taylor3006 said  . they should of automaticlly reset all the commanders   to start with  so players like yourself  didnt have this issue .  but i  have said in the forums before   they should of either  raised the 19 point commander to 21 point 2 months before the commander skill rework  , or visa versa . introduced the commander skill rework 2 months before  raising  the level to 21  to give players a chance  to get used to them .

and automaticly  presetting recomended  commander skills is a bad idea because not a lot of players would of chosen some of the skills to start with that they recomended  ie  priority target  i have never used  i dont see the need for it  . if i can see the enemy i presume they can see me  and are probbly going  to fire at me so a wasted skill . and heavy HE or SAP shells   and heavy AP  shells should be avaliable for any ship 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
243 posts
9,911 battles
1 hour ago, Raven_Smith_1 said:

They denied my request. Uninstalled. I will not spend real money because they meddled my builds without consent.

I don't blame you.  The fact it auto spec'd rather than just reset them all to full points available was bound to lead to something exactly like this, where the only way around it was hitting the button on the website that disappeared. 

Shame it was not allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,850
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,499 posts
22,934 battles
4 hours ago, Raven_Smith_1 said:

I'm just coming back to the game after a few months off. The new captain skill tree has misappropriated all of my points. My Benham has dazzle. My Shima has consumables enhancements. It will cost me tens of dollars to fix this mistake on my own. I did not agree to these builds. Please blank my captain skills so I can assign them appropriately.

Imagine if only they would have given us a whole month of free respecs....

Imagine if they would have given us a whole month to dismount equipment for free....

Oh wait, they did....

And you conveniently waited 3 days past patch day to post....

 

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,401
[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,915 battles
36 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Imagine if only they would have given us a whole month of free respecs....

Imagine if they would have given us a whole month to dismount equipment for free....

Oh wait, they did....

And you conveniently waited 3 days past patch day to post....

 

Imagine if some people have a life outside of a video game...

I can't...but w/300M population just in the US it is quite feasible that might be the situation.

No need to blast somebody because WG went the 100% contradictory route of advertising "lots of options" then force fed the stupidest ones possible on each ship <---That is NO exaggeration...there wasn't 1 build on any of my ships that made any sense whatsoever... they were all retarded choices w/at least 1 completely useless skill choice that requires you to need to respec the whole commander to get rid of it.

Under those circumstances the 1 time free reset should have been an indefinite option...not a 1 month option (& not even a whole month at that)...

They should have just zeroed out everything.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,369
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,669 posts
25,163 battles
5 hours ago, Raven_Smith_1 said:

They denied my request. Uninstalled. I will not spend real money because they meddled my builds without consent.

That is just insane. It is just unimaginable to me that no one at Wargaming could think ahead and prepare for this kind of problem given their decision to assign new skills. Not sure whether to call it incompetence or arrogance and as I give it some thought, not sure that it makes a difference. I would bet good money that Raven's issue is just the first of a long string of the exact same complaints as veteran players trickle back to check out the game after a hiatus. 

Way to go Wargaming, you just find new ways to fail. As always, I leave WeeGees with the same advice they offered me when I was a noob.  Git Gud. 

My suggestion since Wargaming likes issuing a multitude of currencies, is to come up with one that resets skills much like Tanks has for equipment demounting. A failure to address this looming issue can really damage the game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,850
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,499 posts
22,934 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Imagine if some people have a life outside of a video game...

I can't...but w/300M population just in the US it is quite feasible that might be the situation.

No need to blast somebody because WG went the 100% contradictory route of advertising "lots of options" then force fed the stupidest ones possible on each ship <---That is NO exaggeration...there wasn't 1 build on any of my ships that made any sense whatsoever... they were all retarded choices w/at least 1 completely useless skill choice that requires you to need to respec the whole commander to get rid of it.

Under those circumstances the 1 time free reset should have been an indefinite option...not a 1 month option (& not even a whole month at that)...

They should have just zeroed out everything.

I agree on the 1 time reset you said....

Other than that, you take the good with the bad....

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
374
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,362 posts
13 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not sure whether to call it incompetence or arrogance

How about "arrogant incompetence" lol. One of the reasons I've been taking a break from the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×