You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Shades of Puerto Rico grind?

30 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
1,591 posts
12,196 battles

So if we want an extra 2000 tokens (or basically early access to a T5 italian BB or 2/3rd of the T6 one)

We have 3 days to grind out 13.9 million credits.  I'm gonna make it but I'm using some flags to do it.  Like the PR grind, if not using flags, you would have play near constantly to achieve this.  For what you are getting, the grind seems a little..... excessive.

image.thumb.png.a00636787462bb591f377e9ad06eaaf5.png/t

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[O_O]
Members
6,972 posts
16,990 battles

Not even close to the ridiculous grind levels of the Puerto Rico Dock Yard event.

Not even close.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
934 posts
14,293 battles

Only got the six stage one here and finished it a few hours ago. Did most of it playing ranked.

[USN]
Members
1,515 posts
20,450 battles

14million credits in 3 days pales in comparison to 80million credits, One Friesland and one Nelson in almost the same timeframe

[PVE]
Members
5,101 posts
22,592 battles
26 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

So if we want an extra 2000 tokens (or basically early access to a T5 italian BB or 2/3rd of the T6 one)

We have 3 days to grind out 13.9 million credits.  I'm gonna make it but I'm using some flags to do it.  Like the PR grind, if not using flags, you would have play near constantly to achieve this.  For what you are getting, the grind seems a little..... excessive.

Not even close (as said above ^^^)

Gosh, I'm a PVE main and it went very quickly over two days with less than a dozen flags......  The PR wasn't doable and I was playing full time then.  This was really pretty simple.

Please, don't take that wrong.......  I have "time" to play a lot of games.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,665 posts
25,152 battles

Yeah it seemed a big task until I started just playing and am only 900k away from being done. I only play co-op and have been grinding my premium ships using the Zulu flag and "Winter Strands" camo only. Been moving along so quickly getting it done, I haven't even bothered to use my Missouri. I also have premium time and that is a huge help. 

The PR grind was a nearly impossible grind for most players. There is a reason less than 1000 WoWS players worldwide, completed the final task of that event. 

[SGSS]
Members
5,772 posts
59 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

To finish in 2 days you have to have prem account.

I could have have made it but prem time ran out.

I am thankful for what i got and hopefully will still get the t7.  T8 with camo is probably never going to happen.

WG is a company and I dont mind them charging because its what they have to do.

[SGSS]
Members
5,772 posts
55 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Early access is nothing , but the rewards along the way are good.

You get the upgrades for free and that is whats worth getting.

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles

The thing about credit grinds is that, assuming that you're playing premium ships and perhaps have premium time, using the 2 credit flags tends to be worth it because in the end, you are earning credits, which are worthwhile, no matter what. Also, it's best done in either randoms or perhaps in operations.  Narai is the current operation, which is good for credit grinding.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,269 posts
12,232 battles
2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Not even in the same ballpark when are we going to stop with PR event it's been 2 years . These are tech tree ships you can get for free if you just wait .

Edited by clammboy

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

For what you are getting, the grind seems a little..... excessive.

If you just finish the directives, let alone the side missions, you get all the T4 through T7 ships and a permacamo for the T6 and the T7. How much more you want to grind depends on how much more you want out of the event. I got the first six of those missions only and finished them yesterday and today. The last one is a bit on the onerous side, but unless you play the game hardcore you don't even get offered it in the first place.

If there's anything I want to complain about (and it's more a wish than a whine) with respect to this whole business, it's that there is no permacamo for the Cavour. Why not, @Hapa_Fodder, when almost every new line since the French destroyers, even the T4 German CV, has got one?

Unless the 2021 Christmas event's side mission is going to have the Cavour as one of the low-tier ships with a Christmas-sy permacamo for her... in which case I would consider the complaint null and void. :Smile_Default:

2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Not even in the same ballpark when are we going to stop with PR event it's been 2 years .

Some dogs just keep on returning to their own regurge, it seems.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,269 posts
12,232 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you just finish the directives, let alone the side missions, you get all the T4 through T7 ships and a permacamo for the T6 and the T7. How much more you want to grind depends on how much more you want out of the event. I got the first six of those missions only and finished them yesterday and today. The last one is a bit on the onerous side, but unless you play the game hardcore you don't even get offered it in the first place.

If there's anything I want to complain about (and it's more a wish than a whine) with respect to this whole business, it's that there is no permacamo for the Cavour. Why not, @Hapa_Fodder, when almost every new line since the French destroyers, even the T4 German CV, has got one?

Unless the 2021 Christmas event's side mission is going to have the Cavour as one of the low-tier ships with a Christmas-sy permacamo for her... in which case I would consider the complaint null and void. :Smile_Default:

Some dogs just keep on returning to their own regurge, it seems.

I hate when that happens !

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,931 posts
14,885 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Not even close to the ridiculous grind levels of the Puerto Rico Dock Yard event.

Not even close.

Yep, there are many ships that can  easily do 500k a match and a fair number that can top 1 million, that is a fairly easy objective.

[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles

If you are a PvE main, Perth in Ops with flags and credit camo usually does 500k-600k.  Sometimes it is quicker to use Mo, Musashi, or Salem in PvE because you can do two or three battles i the same time as one Ops.  Ops has the risk of someone not going into the extraction zone which nets you only about 200k.

NOTE:  I am not worried because it will get completed while I am working on the next group of missions after they drop.  It is sometimes more efficient to not stress about unecessary missions and complete them concurrently over time. 

EDIT:  Different mission

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ING]
Members
113 posts

Im trying to figure out if the GPS (games per ship) is going to be way lower when these end up in the tech tree.

Has this event managed to double the amount of games needed just for "early access"?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
9 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

NOTE:  I am not worried because it will get completed while I am working on the next group of missions after they drop.

No it won't, because it's a weekend-only mission. Check the finish date carefully. That's why the OP is complaining - if he had all week, he wouldn't give a flying you-know-what.

[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No it won't, because it's a weekend-only mission. Check the finish date carefully. That's why the OP is complaining - if he had all week, he wouldn't give a flying you-know-what.

Hmmm, I didn't see that one.  Will have to look again.

EDIT:  Thanks - I totally missed that at the bottom of the other missions.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[A-I-M]
Members
3,871 posts
14,894 battles

14 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

I had the good fortune to be loaded up for this one, so I had this done before you posted. Use your best high-tier ships (preferrably premiums), and all the flags & camos you can muster.

Missouri, Musashi, Georgia , and a supply of those white +50% credit camos, and flags helped me a lot. And a couple of surprisingly big games in Drake.

Since I was pushing to rank out of Bronze (unsuccessful so far), the grind wasn’t really anything extra. But, everyone has different in-game and out-of-game plans.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,346 posts

No problem with this but the amount of tokens  gained is actually kinda sneaky.

When you are done this grind, you are within range of the next step on the chain of Italian BB  &, low and behold, a simple 1.5 K in doubloons spent would suffice to get you to that next step.

i.e.  This is really all about taking money from the impatient.  Kinda like the whole campaign anyways.

That's the REAL strategy here.  

Edited by Anonymous50

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
31 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

i.e.  This is really all about taking money from the impatient.

It has been said by  - or at least attributed to - many a wise man that patience is a virtue. The converse is also true.

In the end, you are weighing time and effort against money. That's a decision every player has to make for themselves.

Sometimes real life means we don't have the time to put in the effort, and then the other option is there if we so choose. But this is mostly justified only for time-critical events, and the playing out of a tech-tree line isn't one of those.

One circumstance in which I'd reach into my wallet is if spending 1500 doubloons for tokens would nudge me over the line to get the Vittorio Veneto event permacamo. Tier 8 permas are usually 3000 dubs, so if I can't get it for free for whatever reason, this is at least getting it for cheap. And maybe skipping to Lepanto is worth that much if she's your first bundle.

But yeah, you need to think seriously about the value of what you're getting if you want to spend any more than that.