You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MidwayBestWaifu

Midway's legendary upgraded dive bombers against DDs

7 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts

This is a topic that explains why midway is broken in the game with her legendary upgrade, First the legendary upgrade increaseas damage caused by bombs by 1120 and increases dive bomber speed by 14 knots, the faster speed means the dive bombers will get to a closer altitude wich means more bomb hits on DDs and since the DB (dive bomber) alpha strike is higher the alpha strike is higher on DDs and most times when i attack DDs with midway's legendary upgraded dive bombers i do 6-11k wich is alot on DDs, So if you are a DD player and if the enemy CV is a midway then becareful because the midway might have the legendary upgrade. Destroying DDs is always important because DDs can provide spotting for the enemy team and since they are small they are hard to hit wich means that a ship can easily waste time on them and not do the damage needed. Midway with her legendary upgrade i think makes her better than FDR because Midway can quickly kill a enemy DD with her legendary upgrade and FDR is almost innefective against DDs because her rocket planes have no fighters to keep a DD perma spotted and her DBs unlike other american CVs carpet bomb like the british CVs wich means the DBs are innefective against DDs.

All reasons why midway's legendary upgraded DBs are very effective on DDs:

1. Higher bomb damage

2. closer altitude, meaning more bomb hits

3. US CVs except for Enterprise carry HE bombs that deal high damage and have high speed so their DBs can strike DDs.

Edited by MidwayBestWaifu
  • Cool 1

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
299 posts
5,078 battles

You have to be a decent CV captain to land those hits though.  Its not something that comes easy especially with more nimble DDs.  Can't go wrong with Midways pin point rockets

[Y0L0W]
Members
387 posts
9,142 battles

Not sure why you are making out the UU to be some insane game-breaking addition. Midway could already do all of the things you described before the UU, the UU just makes her a little bit better at it.

1 hour ago, MidwayBestWaifu said:

3. US CVs except for Enterprise carry HE bombs that deal high damage and have high speed so their DBs can strike DDs.

What exactly does this ^^^^^

Have to do with this:

[SGSS]
Members
5,816 posts

This is a topic that explains why midway is broken in the game with her legendary upgrade, First the legendary upgrade increaseas damage caused by bombs by 1120 and increases dive bomber speed by 14 knots, the faster speed means the dive bombers will get to a closer altitude wich means more bomb hits on DDs and since the DB (dive bomber) alpha strike is higher the alpha strike is higher on DDs and most times when i attack DDs with midway's legendary upgraded dive bombers i do 6-11k wich is alot on DDs, So if you are a DD player and if the enemy CV is a midway then becareful because the midway might have the legendary upgrade. Destroying DDs is always important because DDs can provide spotting for the enemy team and since they are small they are hard to hit wich means that a ship can easily waste time on them and not do the damage needed. Midway with her legendary upgrade i think makes her better than FDR because Midway can quickly kill a enemy DD with her legendary upgrade and FDR is almost innefective against DDs because her rocket planes have no fighters to keep a DD perma spotted and her DBs unlike other american CVs carpet bomb like the british CVs wich means the DBs are innefective against DDs.

1. Higher bomb damage

2. closer altitude, meaning more bomb hits

Yea i love the legendary.

Was not sure because it takes faster reload or something like that.

Couple it with faster DB speed cap skill and my bombers finally make it back home.

Before the CV players suck.

Thunder and Yammy legionary and dead eye exist.

Members
2,462 posts
52 battles

Yes, Midway's UU is very strong. And yes, Midway is very overpowered. That's not because of her UU tho.

In fact ironically the TT rocket reticle change is what made the UU viable in the first place, before it was rather meh.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,945 posts
7,868 battles

The UU only gives a 5% boost to the DB's at the cost of 5% reduction to the other 2 aircraft type.  It's not worth it -- FCM2 belongs in that slot.  You can get the speed back with the captain if you desire.  Torp builds lead to more damage, the DB's are already effective enough as they are.