You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
fishman

Boats disappearing while in game.

11 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
2,227 battles

I have looked for instructions about this and can't find anything. What's happening is no matter how fare a boat is when I go to shoot at it , it dis appears even if it is within 4 or 500 meters How is this posable. Also I have been looking for instruction on how to inter in the awards games and don't understand how it works and I play alone so I don't have anyone to help me with these problems. Anything that you can do would be greatly appreciated.

• Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i struggle to understand what you are asking, but no ships should be dissappearing that close to you.  I'd suggest doing a repair on your game installation that is not normal.  (unless you are playing world of tanks :)

If you are looking for information on ranked play, i'd suggest visiting the website and going through the news and check out the announcements.  The different battle types can be selected at the top of your screen when in port, now you need to have at least Tier8 ships to play in the current season, better if you have a tier 9.

image.thumb.png.299bd6edf4365a0cf211cc38ef3aba07.png

[TIMT]
Members
1,362 posts
4,904 battles

Within 400-500m is literally impossible since the assured minimum detection range where you are hardspotted is 2km. There is a variety of factors that influence concealment, so please be more specific about the exact circumstances, it is best to provide a replay.

Further, I would recommend looking at the explainer videos WG made on all the game mechanics, they are on youtube.

I don't know what you mean by "awards games" but if you mean ranked, you just select "ranked" instead of randoms or coop. The button is right next to the battle button, current ranked season is in T8 to T10, so you will need at least a tier 8 ship for the lowest league.

[REVY]
Members
2,631 posts
14,430 battles
19 minutes ago, fishman said:

I have looked for instructions about this and can't find anything. What's happening is no matter how fare a boat is when I go to shoot at it , it dis appears even if it is within 4 or 500 meters How is this posable. Also I have been looking for instruction on how to inter in the awards games and don't understand how it works and I play alone so I don't have anyone to help me with these problems. Anything that you can do would be greatly appreciated.

ok

First things first: Spotting

Ships have a distance they can be spotted without firing. This can be tweaked using captain skills and camo.
After firing, a ship can be spotted by anything within its firing range, so long as there is no island between it and the spotting ship.

Smoke screens work both ways. If you are in the smoke, you need to rely on someone outside the smoke to spot for you. Otherwise, you will see nothing.

Depending on your ship, if someone gets close enough to you while you are in smoke and you fire your guns, you can be spotted.

If in smoke or by an island that is narrow enough, if another ship gets close to you (2-4km I believe) you will be spotted regardless.

If you are seeing a ship vanish, it either had been a long time since it fired and the gun bloom has vanished, or whomever was spotting the ship has lost line of sight.

Without a replay or screenshot to go by, we can only guess.

For Ranked Battles, you simply need to change the battle type as SKuj indicated. You also need to have a ship of the correct Tier for Ranked, which currently is T8-T10.
If you do not have a T8 ship, you cannot go into Ranked Battles.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,274 posts
9,988 battles
1 hour ago, fishman said:

I have looked for instructions about this and can't find anything. What's happening is no matter how fare a boat is when I go to shoot at it , it dis appears even if it is within 4 or 500 meters How is this posable.

You're probably off on the distance, at 4-500m, your sailors can pretty much jump from one ship to the other. Plus ships are automatically spotted (even through islands) at 2km or less.

Is this happening in scope view? If so, it's probably a ship laying smoke. Smoke doesn't render in scope view.

1 hour ago, fishman said:

Also I have been looking for instruction on how to inter in the awards games and don't understand how it works and I play alone so I don't have anyone to help me with these problems. Anything that you can do would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by "awards games". If you mean Ranked, you just select the Ranked battle mode, immediately to the right of the Battle button in port view. Note that Ranked is time gated, and only runs for certain hours each day.

Members
8 posts
2,227 battles

I would like to thank you for answering my questions. We are close to what I was talking about but with a clear line of sight no smoke no mater the distance, no mater the type of ship ,no islands the ships disappear and I don't know how to do a screen shot. The other thing that about the game is not about ranked game it's about the assignment games where you go in and complete different tasks.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,801 posts
12,586 battles

You can post your replays. Should be in the install directory of where you installed the game, ordered by time stamp and ship name.

image.thumb.png.b1234b6d9eb76bef9cc262dca1e91953.png

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
On 2/20/2021 at 4:19 PM, fishman said:

There might be a bug.  Ship have vanished after they fire and there in front of me.

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
51 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

You can post your replays. Should be in the install directory of where you installed the game, ordered by time stamp and ship name.

image.thumb.png.b1234b6d9eb76bef9cc262dca1e91953.png

Looks like someone has been running Thunder wayyyyyy to much:)

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,004 posts
7,783 battles
2 hours ago, fishman said:

I would like to thank you for answering my questions. We are close to what I was talking about but with a clear line of sight no smoke no mater the distance, no mater the type of ship ,no islands the ships disappear and I don't know how to do a screen shot. The other thing that about the game is not about ranked game it's about the assignment games where you go in and complete different tasks.

The only thing that comes to mind on your first point is that your computer graphics are at or below minimum required for the game and the images for ships are being derendered because of a system fault. If that is not the case, then what you are describing should not be possible, as range to a ship is always a critical factor in the normal spotting system.

As for your second question, I believe you are describing Operations, which is another mode of playing you can select from the same button you use to switch between Co-Op and Random game modes (as well as Ranked and Training). These are almost always with players on the same team and the enemy being run by the game (NPCs).

Edit: The only other game aspect you may be looking for are the Combat Missions, which are rewards you can earn by playing various types of games, such as 'Hit Enemy Ships 100 Times With Main Battery'. Those should be found on the left side of the screen when in-port. Note they may only be completed in certain game modes. Similar to this are Campaigns, which are a series of Combat Missions that are chained together with a final reward at the end. Campaigns are found right below Combat Missions on the left side of your screen in port.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,816 posts
2,663 battles
5 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

The only thing that comes to mind on your first point is that your computer graphics are at or below minimum required for the game and the images for ships are being derendered because of a system fault. If that is not the case, then what you are describing should not be possible, as range to a ship is always a critical factor in the normal spotting system.

As for your second question, I believe you are describing Operations, which is another mode of playing you can select from the same button you use to switch between Co-Op and Random game modes (as well as Ranked and Training).

This is my thoughts as well.

What kind of computer are you playing on?