You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
admiralsexybeast

What Did Everyone Use to Get Through Bronze?

71 comments in this topic

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
10,924 battles

I tired a few things at first, but Jutland ended up being my go to. She is pretty good at going after other DDs, she has the rapid reload smokes, and its a lot easier to torp bow in BBs with her since her torps can be fired in singles. IDK how she worked so well for me, considering I am NOT a DD main, but hey, I can finally play T10 ranked which was my main goal this weekend.

WorldOfWarships64 2021-02-20 15-05-23-724.jpg

Edited by admiralsexybeast
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,070 posts

After trying two BBs and not even trying a broken Cruiser, I ended up with Fletcher.  Looks like DDs are about the only ones the Commander skills haven't completely hosed for Ranked.  I'm not great so I need help from a descent ship.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

[TIMT]
Members
1,394 posts
4,930 battles

Ranked out in Jutland after 29 games, now I am stuck in qualification hell with Smaland where I see 38% WR Montanas on my team. I guess ranked won't be real fun until week 3 when all the unicums and potatoes made their way into gold. Personally I will stay in silver, it was quite good fun last season after week 3 when the MM was normalizing to a consistent quality.

Jutland was just great, though the nerf to the guns showed. Last time I was using her I believe she had like 3 to 3.5s reload, now it is 4s. You can still do a lot of damage with her by using fires and torpedoes, but she is not the monster she used to be. Upside to her is she lets you save your star pretty well.

[SIAS]
Beta Testers
34 posts
1,791 battles

Ranked out using the NC for 20 battles and the atago for 7 more, surprisingly a good experience, even though I was using a T8 not a T9

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

Nothing.

Played around 10 ranked, 3 victories. back to rank 10. Got the first set of steel for the day. Just another same old [edited] ranked season. No one ship will get you to win it all by yourself.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Dreake up to rank 3 and misou for the credits/italian tokens and the win.

q time in qualifying is a nightmare 3-4 min wait times on average. Of course dont see mesell moving up cause i font need to deal with all the nonrevocable stars.

[PVE]
Members
127 posts
5,796 battles

I've been using the Yugumo the whole time for ten battles. Just got my first star on rank five and am hoping I don't have to go through hell to get to rank one. Thinking about taking my commemorative flag and going home after that. 

Any idea how long this current sprint will last? 

• Meh 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,892 posts
9,800 battles

I played Friesland until I lost, then Benham until I lost, then back to Friesland. Had a suspiciously easy time of it with I think a 69% win rate, which is 10-12% better than I would usually do.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
127 posts
5,796 battles
14 minutes ago, arch4random said:

still dealing with all the throws ..the interference ....ect,ect...might be stuck here in bronze rank 5 for the next 9- 10 weeks

I know the feeling. Just got close to losing a match when another player refused to stop firing and win on points despite telling him to stop and go dark.  :fish_palm:

Edited by JM_BB63

[TIMT]
Members
1,394 posts
4,930 battles
17 minutes ago, JM_BB63 said:

I've been using the Yugumo the whole time for ten battles. Just got my first star on rank five and am hoping I don't have to go through hell to get to rank one. Thinking about taking my commemorative flag and going home after that. 

Any idea how long this current sprint will last? 

OK, no offense but how do you miss these things? There are news articles, forum announcements, announcements in the WGC, and finally even pop-up notifications in the port itself. It is written everywhere, even in port you just click on "Ranks" and just look at the info field next to "Sprint 1". Sorry, but how do people miss all of this?!

Sprints last for 2 weeks, so the current one will end in ten days.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,668 posts
27,410 battles
25 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I played Friesland until I lost, then Benham until I lost, then back to Friesland. Had a suspiciously easy time of it with I think a 69% win rate, which is 10-12% better than I would usually do.

+1 just for using the Lertbote. (Which is the only new EU DD I actually like.)

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,681 battles

I got angry, a headache and endless rage. so I'm done at bronze rank 4. The garbage WG gives you is not worth it.

• Cool 1

[RBMK]
Members
2,204 posts
35,045 battles

Took some time to figure out what was working for me and settled on St Louis to get rank 1.

Smashed my thumb with a few T10 hammers and then took out Thunderer to complete qualifications.

[WOLF5]
Members
87 posts
3,192 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Nothing.

Played around 10 ranked, 3 victories. back to rank 10. Got the first set of steel for the day. Just another same old [edited] ranked season. No one ship will get you to win it all by yourself.

Both rank 9 and rank 8 are irrevocable ranks so if you won 3 ranked matches and are still at rank 10, you must be a rare species of potato.

• Funny 2

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

I have not looked at my stats, but I'm having luck with my Neptune. I basically body-guard for the DD's and things work out without too much trouble.

• Cool 1

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
807 posts
8,555 battles

ranked out with the Gerogia, was quite fun. however the qualifications are a mess right now. i cant seem to do anything or figure out what ship to use to succeed in the qualifications. 

[PVE]
Members
7,889 posts
23,881 battles
29 minutes ago, KusaPeko said:

Both rank 9 and rank 8 are irrevocable ranks so if you won 3 ranked matches and are still at rank 10, you must be a rare species of potato.

Yeah...I caught that too while reading through the thread...glad you ninja'd me on the response because I don't think I could have worded it any better...+1

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,056 posts
5,529 battles

Albemarle!

Wz9lSeC.jpg

I feel trolly, I think I'll rank this first sprint with Alby... it won't grind if it stays in port...:fish_haloween:

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Albemarle!

I feel trolly, I think I'll rank this first sprint with Alby... it won't grind if it stays in port...:fish_haloween:

I confess ... I thought you were kidding. :fish_panic:

[SALVO]
Members
7,056 posts
5,529 battles
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I confess ... I thought you were kidding. :fish_panic:

Tbh, that's my first match with her, but kinda liked it... I'm serious, I'm going full Albemarle! You guys better watch out :Smile_trollface:

[UNC]
Members
909 posts
6,322 battles

I tried one game each in Neustrashimy and Agir before settling on Pommern.  Made it to 4-1 in 14 games before bouncing back and forth from 5 to 4 a couple of times, at which point I decided to take a break.  Ended with a 78% WR for those 14 games and was doing pretty respectable damage so will likely continue with Pommern; though if I start seeing CVs more frequently that may change.  Tempted to try Ostergotland, as I really enjoy Halland. 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,892 posts
9,800 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

+1 just for using the Lertbote. (Which is the only new EU DD I actually like.)

I don't agree with your general dislike of the EU DD line in theory, but in practice I do - Friesland is my best ship at 59% W/R in solo Random Battle over 300+ games. Everyone says Smaland and Halland are strong, but I struggle a bit with them.

[SGSS]
Members
5,774 posts
4 hours ago, admiralsexybeast said:

I tired a few things at first, but Jutland ended up being my go to. She is pretty good at going after other DDs, she has the rapid reload smokes, and its a lot easier to torp bow in BBs with her since her torps can be fired in singles. IDK how she worked so well for me, considering I am NOT a DD main, but hey, I can finally play T10 ranked which was my main goal this weekend.

WorldOfWarships64 2021-02-20 15-05-23-724.jpg

I used Lex was my best them Balty and Seattle.  Trying get 5 stars I dont think is going to happen.

I dont see why we need the 5 wins to get there.

You should just be there