You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Clan Battles: "Greece" Season

46 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,578 posts
15,102 battles

Clan Battles Season 12—Greece—kicks off during Update 0.10.1.

Read it on the portal

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,822 battles

Am I missing the details on the actual ship limits/bans or has it not been shared yet? If it hasn’t been shared it would be good to see that a little ahead of time in the future so people can plan and train ship compositions based on those 

@Hapa_Fodder

edited to tag hapa

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[K-POP]
[K-POP]
Members
14 posts
11,735 battles
1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Am I missing the details on the actual ship limits/bans or has it not been shared yet? If it hasn’t been shared it would be good to see that a little ahead of time in the future so people can plan and train ship compositions based on those 

@Hapa_Fodder

edited to tag hapa

Still aren't posted. I hope that means they are starting with zero bans and will add them later on in the season? (And give us some notice). If they dump unannounced bans on us day 1, that's not cool. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,736 posts
21,821 battles
1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

There are no bans at the start. The announcement is to let people know in advance that they might add these during this season.

• Cool 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
11 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

There are no bans at the start. The announcement is to let people know in advance that they might add these during this season.

Sounds like the system is reactionary for when a fixed meta develops and not something that tries to control the meta from the start.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,736 posts
21,821 battles
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

Sounds like the system is reactionary for when a fixed meta develops and not something that tries to control the meta from the start.

That's exactly what it is, yes.

[TF16A]
Modder
681 posts
847 battles

Greece is the word (is the word, is the word that you heard)
It's got a groove, it's got a meaning
Greece is the time, is the place, is the motion
Greece is the way we are feeling :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,809 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

let's just hope they don't ban my poor Kitakaze, then I'll have to play my HIZEN (I only have 2 T9 ships)

• Sad 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,809 battles
19 minutes ago, Capt_Apollo said:

I wonder if the alaska and the black version will count as 2 different ships?

I don't think so. I read somewhere a while back that if Atago was banned for an event, Atago B, ARP Takao, and ARP Maya would also be banned for that event, as they are basically clones of Atago. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,736 posts
21,821 battles
47 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

let's just hope they don't ban my poor Kitakaze, then I'll have to play my HIZEN (I only have 2 T9 ships)

Presumably there will be rentals as in previous Clan Battles seasons. So in the worst case, you can use one of those.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,809 battles
5 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Presumably there will be rentals as in previous Clan Battles seasons. So in the worst case, you can use one of those.

Phew!

[MR-1]
Members
1,802 posts
22,307 battles

if they start banning certain ship and ship types its going to reduce the choices players can use  . some players only have 1 or 2 T9 ships so the bans might exclude  them from clan battles all togeather 

• Boring 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,809 battles
36 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

if they start banning certain ship and ship types its going to reduce the choices players can use  . some players only have 1 or 2 T9 ships so the bans might exclude  them from clan battles all togeather 

They could give out the CB rental ships... IMO the ships that should be banned are Benham, Georgia, Alaska, Musashi, JB, and Kronshtadt. (oh wait did i miss one? i feel like i did...:Smile_hiding:

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[CRF]
Members
975 posts
8,966 battles

I can see them implementing bans on multiple ships of the same type very quickly...then the div mates will have to arm wrestle who plays that particular ship :)

[FEM]
Members
9,192 posts
11,989 battles

I won't be surprised if/when Kita is banned for the season, not because I want it to be, I intend to play it, but because it's just so stupidly brokenly powerful.

[TF-O7]
Members
53 posts
7,782 battles

You people are really disgusting, bordering on sickening. Up until a few clan battles ago you "lent" ships (t10) to players who did not have them so they could participate in their clan battles. Then, all of a sudden, you stopped doing that. Your thirst for money must have increased so much that you longer have the respect for the game player that you used to have. I stick with the game only because I am a naval historian and it allows me to "fight" on ships I've only read about (I won't even get into the inaccurate configurations of some of the ships in your lineup). And in the last three years I've been playing I've seen you people go from somewhat friendly, even giving in some cases, to the money-grubbing institution you've become.

• Thanks 1

[PISD]
Members
1,844 posts
6,112 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Benham squads and French/Russian (but mostly French) wolfpacks 

could be worst.....

Paolo Emilio swarm

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,123 battles
34 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

could be worst.....

Paolo Emilio swarm

Yeeeesss... The White Cloud of Death!

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
1 hour ago, regopark said:

You people are really disgusting, bordering on sickening. Up until a few clan battles ago you "lent" ships (t10) to players who did not have them so they could participate in their clan battles. Then, all of a sudden, you stopped doing that. Your thirst for money must have increased so much that you longer have the respect for the game player that you used to have. I stick with the game only because I am a naval historian and it allows me to "fight" on ships I've only read about (I won't even get into the inaccurate configurations of some of the ships in your lineup). And in the last three years I've been playing I've seen you people go from somewhat friendly, even giving in some cases, to the money-grubbing institution you've become.

Actually, in terms of the banning system, this is quite a positive change to clan battles. It's safe to say that clan battle meta has been very stagnant for the last few seasons. That's usually due to strong ships becoming completely broken with team coordination, but it's also a stagnant meta because of said ships. Now if they aren't offering any rental ships, then I might agree with you on this. However, the last CB's I played had rentals in them so they probably will.

Either way, this is a positive change for the clan battles meta and one I had been waiting for

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
1,802 posts
22,307 battles

maybe so mcgibe  but for those who have very few T9 ships might struggle getting a chance to play because there T9 ships might be on the ban list . this season of clan battles is going to be interesting indeed 

[KENT]
Members
409 posts
7,044 battles
1 minute ago, Gaelic_knight said:

maybe so mcgibe  but for those who have very few T9 ships might struggle getting a chance to play because there T9 ships might be on the ban list . this season of clan battles is going to be interesting indeed 

Oh I'm not saying that they won't have issues, especially since rental ships need an entire captain respecc and a full module kit as well, but it's less of an issue than running into a quad mogador or triple kitakaze division.

Personally, I have a few tier 9s out of my 7 currently that will probably be in the ban list (musashi, Georgia, kita) but I won't complain if they ban the proper ships. If they ban or limit in a completely ridiculous way (no FDG allowed, yugumo limited, etc) then I'd have a larger problem. In fact, that's my main worry for this right now