Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Munchen Is Great For Target Practise For The Other Team

17 comments in this topic

[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles

What is this ship good for, just played 2 games in it, and I cant see how this can be even good for Coop.

How can this be even Tier 7 material, someone on the opposite team sneezes and you loose almost half your health.

You cant hide behind islands for ever, because if your team collapses and they push your dead.

Seriously Konigsberg and Nurnburg are streets better than this thing,

WG are testing another one of these Light Cruisers why ?

I don't even think the training room is safe for this ship.

I like my chances of taking my Tier 3 St lo into a Tier 9 battle.        

[WPORT]
[WPORT]
Members
79 posts
11,418 battles

Ahhh.... the old I just bought this ship and I just got duped.

So did you? just buy it?

[SALVO]
Members
26,129 posts
29,129 battles

Honestly, I don't find the Munchen so bad.  Oh, right now, with Deadeye so popular, it's rough on a lot of cruisers, but it doesn't bother me any more than any other cruiser.

[BTLST]
Members
729 posts
11,262 battles

I have poor stats but throughly enjoy the game and have a fairly large fleet.    I'd watched videos on Muncheon, as well as how poorly it was doing in games as well as how few I was seeing being played.    But the ship appealed to me so I purchased it.    Yes I was one of he first sunk in a number of games until I became more careful about positioning and controlling my fire hose style of firing on enemy ships.   The more I controlled my fire the longer I lived and I really began to enjoy playing the ship.    It is  a very challenging ship and it seems you have to fire, fire, and fire some more to mount up any damage numbers.    Would I recommend everyone buy one?   NO!    You simply have to enjoy the play of a Mainz but even more tender.

• Cool 1

[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Your surname isn't Hanrahan by any chance?

Bless you Ensign, I can always rely on you for thought provoking and sparkling replies. :Smile_honoring: 

[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles
1 hour ago, FurphyForum said:

Ahhh.... the old I just bought this ship and I just got duped.

So did you? just buy it?

No I have had her for a while and played a few matches before the Captain rework with mixed results. 

Members
514 posts
2,990 battles

I like mine, and last I checked I averaged about 50k dpg in it. For me it's just about being able to use my KM captain in a ship that's totally different than others in the line (in terms of speed, size, and shell ballistics).

[CHA0S]
Members
241 posts
2,955 battles
1 hour ago, dbw86 said:

You simply have to enjoy the play of a Mainz but even more tender. 

This exactly.  Squishier Mainz.  Treat her like a soap bubble.

[PVE]
Members
10,925 posts
18,896 battles

I thought that I would get it for Operation Narai and I did use it once and then went back to more preferable ships, I could have gotten Florida.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
5 hours ago, tm63au said:

WG are testing another one of these Light Cruisers why ?

The one they are testing is based on a Yorck hull, and will therefore be more durable.

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

I didn’t care for Munchen either, but I also don’t tend to enjoy ships that are 100% restricted to island humping. 

[WPORT]
[WPORT]
Members
79 posts
11,418 battles
8 hours ago, tm63au said:

No I have had her for a while and played a few matches before the Captain rework with mixed results. 

@tm63au  No worries, just a light banter :Smile_honoring: Just giving you Welshman Cockroaches a stir. :Smile_trollface:

[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles
17 minutes ago, FurphyForum said:

@tm63au  No worries, just a light banter :Smile_honoring: Just giving you Welshman Cockroaches a stir. :Smile_trollface:

Well ol be  didn't notice your location on your Avatar :Smile_Default:

Cain toads, everywhere I go your always around with your KING WALLY LEWIS statues and your BARBED WIRE BEER :Smile_teethhappy:

All good :Smile_great:

Good hunting on the High Seas Sir :Smile_honoring:

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
680 posts
10,868 battles

Like her very much. She is what every other German CL is not, fast and maneuverable. And she has six inch guns with a five second reload. She can rain fire and hell down. But not in open water-especially these days. She can't take a hit but that is the story with most light CLs. She is very good at killing dds but not when there are other ships in range. Decent AA as well. Very fun to play. Her real problem is that she is bottom tiered so much. You got to float like a butterfly when that happens. German CLs have the best all around six inch guns. High rate of fire. No need for IFHE so they can deal damage and fire at the same time.  One of the few that can anymore.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,524 posts

I love Munchen.

SOMETIMES if I am full of oats I'll take her into Random. And you wont believe what she can do when ignored by the big boys who cannot be bothered.

I usually run her in Ops. I'll usually bring a Cruiser along.

I have a weakness for the little ships. The kind that you wont pick for a real fight. However against a truly sharp human team it will be the very first sunk. The absolute first. It wont survive long enough to finish notifying you that you are detected.

Sign in to follow this