Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

Look at that WeeGee and LEARN!!!

81 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles

 

 

Flambass demonstrating that he knows and worth more to this game than WG's entire Dev and PR departments combined.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
34 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Tl;dw

Given your nick I understand that you have more important activities:p

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,151
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

i like the idea of the pvp "scenario"...    shame wg doesn't run events like that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,095
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,737 posts
26,285 battles

Not sure what your pointing out here but I'm going to assume it's the "custom scenario" type of gameplay hes running the training room.

I think its ridiculous that WG wont work on Operations because "not that many people play them" but will build an entire new mode for 1 month of halloween battles. New mechanics, new skins, and even monsters as models.  Perhaps the reason no one plays operations anymore is they're Low Tier (6) and theyve been the same for 2 years.

  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles

To the confused soul:

a) I'm not against Cv's. I usually point out their imbalanced and dishonest implementation.Those are not the same thing.

b) He single handedly created, implemented  and demonstrated:1) a new "battle mode" 2) a "new operation"  all of that without any dev support, demonstrating that even with no resources whatsoever it can be done.

c) He made a quite powerful PR stunt for Cv's.

d) He made a quite powerful PR stunt for the game in general.

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
3 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I think its ridiculous that WG wont work on Operations because "not that many people play them" but will build an entire new mode for 1 month of halloween battles. New mechanics, new skins, and even monsters as models.  Perhaps the reason no one plays operations anymore is they're Low Tier (6) and theyve been the same for 2 years.

Yep.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,242
[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles
23 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Not sure what your pointing out here but I'm going to assume it's the "custom scenario" type of gameplay hes running the training room.

I think its ridiculous that WG wont work on Operations because "not that many people play them" but will build an entire new mode for 1 month of halloween battles. New mechanics, new skins, and even monsters as models.  Perhaps the reason no one plays operations anymore is they're Low Tier (6) and theyve been the same for 2 years.

I still believe Operations were simply too good for their own good, profits and tech tree progress wise. When you could get easy amounts of XP at Cherry Blossom for example without the hassle of tier VIII MM, or farm FXP like crazy in Dynamo or Narai.

Using first the reasoning for CV AI, then slowly removing Scenarios, to neutering earnings, WG has been to some extent sabotaging their own too successful product. To me that's why there's not much popularity anymore; and the worst part is that this lack of popularity as a result of WG priorities is used in a circle as a reason to not devote effort into this mode.

 

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,088
[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

 

 

Flambass demonstrating that he knows and worth more to this game than WG's entire Dev and PR departments combined.

Operation Ten-Go was the last Japanese naval offensive of the Second World War. It was carried out by a fleet of ten ships: Yamato at the head, the cruiser Yahagi, and eight destroyers.
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/yamato-kamikaze-battleship.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,088
[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles

I like that he's demonstrated that a scenario operation is do-able.
I enjoy playing scenario operations.
I think scenario operations are one of the game's best features.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,087
[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles

Flambass's opinion is biased... I guess its that time to rage for views for a pay raise again.

But if the game is bad... He is probably working hard for a pay cut...

Either way... He can't move on... WOWS is still (in its current state) to good to let go completely.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

Operation Ten-Go was the last Japanese naval offensive of the Second World War. It was carried out by a fleet of ten ships: Yamato at the head, the cruiser Yahagi, and eight destroyers.
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/yamato-kamikaze-battleship.html

Yes I know :) But: "They shifted into a defensive formation, with Yahagi leading Yamato and the eight destroyers deployed in a ring around the two larger ships, with each ship 1,500 m (1,600 yd) from each other and proceeding at 20 kn (23 mph; 37 km/h)" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go

 

I think he omitted Yahagi for two reasons, one of that being balance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,088
[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
Just now, Bandi73 said:

Yes I know :) But: "They shifted into a defensive formation, with Yahagi leading Yamato and the eight destroyers deployed in a ring around the two larger ships, with each ship 1,500 m (1,600 yd) from each other and proceeding at 20 kn (23 mph; 37 km/h)" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ten-Go

 

I think he omitted Yahagi for two reasons, one of that being balance. 

He stated in the video that there were no Japanese cruisers with the Yamato on her last mission.
Obviously, students of history have already learned this assertion to be false.
I'm just pointing it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
646
[P-V-E]
Members
1,649 posts

 have seen others do the similar thing with the training room often on the PTS and stream it on twitch utilising multiple people from twitch chat including other streamers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

He stated in the video that there were no Japanese cruisers with the Yamato on her last mission.
Obviously, students of history have already learned this assertion to be false.
I'm just pointing it out.

Yes I know :)

8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Flambass's opinion is biased... I guess its that time to rage for views for a pay raise again.

But if the game is bad... He is probably working hard for a pay cut...

Either way... He can't move on... WOWS is still (in its current state) to good to let go completely.

Lol. You should watch the video.Its not what you think :). And ofc he is biased, he loves the game and hates what WeeGee does with it.

Edited by Bandi73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,088
[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 minute ago, Bandi73 said:

Yes I know :)

 

The video also demonstrates how well the AA works when ships sail in formation, in my opinion.

Lots of possibilities for improvement in the player's game play (in this video) and potential for more fun in the future.
Seems like an interesting variation of the asymmetric battles, too.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The video also demonstrates how well the AA works when ships sail in formation, in my opinion.

Lots of possibilities for improvement in the player's game play (in this video) and potential for more fun in the future.

Fun.......somebody should translate that for WeeGee. I mean....the real meaning.

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Seems like an interesting variation of the asymmetric battles, too.

Oh yeah, dat was fun too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,088
[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 minute ago, Bandi73 said:

Fun.......somebody should translate that for WeeGee. I mean....the real meaning.

Oh yeah, dat was fun too....

I'm curious to see how a "Taffy 3" scenario could be set-up?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,151
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

i am not sure we are all seeing what the op is seeing ..   :cap_book:

 

mebbe wrong but if we are.. i am sure the derail is coming... not from the op though.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm curious to see how a "Taffy 3" scenario could be set-up?

Well.... that would be a lil bit challenging... for PvP given the disparity of the forces. I think the closest thing to Cve's would be the Saipan right?, coz Bogue is only AI. And no DE in the game so....only Fletchers... So some artistic and balance liberties should be taken. 

Actually if Kurita's forces would be broken up as ...."waves" and maybe a little underrepresented  2-3 Bb's, 3 Ca's and some dd's vs 5 dd's +1 human.... "CVE" +2 Ai ones......hm......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,088
[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 minute ago, Bandi73 said:

Well.... that would be a lil bit challenging... for PvP given the disparity of the forces. I think the closest thing to Cve's would be the Saipan right?, coz Bogue is only AI. And no DE in the game so....only Fletchers... So some artistic and balance liberties should be taken. 

Actually if Kurita's forces would be broken up as ...."waves" and maybe a little underrepresented  2-3 Bb's, 3 Ca's and some dd's vs 5 dd's +1 human.... "CVE" +2 Ai ones......hm......

The US CV's would have to be represented by Langley CV's, I think.  Not quite accurate, but since they removed the odd-tiered CV's.... 
Low tier US DD's as Destroyers and Destroyer Escorts, I figure.  The closest analogs to the actual ships, when actual ship classes aren't available.

I figure Kurita's forces could be represented "as is" or "as was" (as much as possible) with actual ship classes (for the most part).

Would we need a bigger and accurate map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
241
[KNFA]
Beta Testers
499 posts
5,566 battles

Come on peeps be serious.

Doesn't matter what you put forward as ideas they aren't going to waste time and money creating actually enjoyable game modes and scenarios while they can put in more popular things that people have always asked for like U boats, new ship lines, line splits and anything else that doesn't require any actual thinking about just research and modelling.

Then they add the ability to purchase the new things while making it impossible to earn them instead, so you have to buy doubloons to buy gambling packages with those doubloons, so you can get them faster, so you are ready to buy more of the same for the next "early access" ships.

Until that stops being profitable no real effort will be put into building anything meaningful.... Even the new captain skills are nothing that has taken any true effort on the part of programmers or designers.... even the artists have brought the same old stuff.

I am not saying it is bad, most of it is ok enough... Just don't expect revolutionary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,087
[WORX]
Members
12,671 posts
19,915 battles
24 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

You should watch the video.Its not what you think :). 

He rages against CVs... That is what his audience crave... Nothing new... Raging for views.

A least he finds fun... That, no one can judge him for...

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
[GRETA]
Members
481 posts
17,075 battles

Halloween events are created with programming that is if not more complicated than scenarios so one can only conclude the spreadsheet shows scenario players don't spend nearly as much money as random players.  

And the popularity of scenarios was leaching off randoms players further reducing cash flow. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[-BCO-]
Members
1,897 posts
3,497 battles
7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Would we need a bigger and accurate map?

I guess.... it depends on what we are trying to do. An Ai based operation,  a PvP battle mode or a reenactment.

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I figure Kurita's forces could be represented "as is" or "as was" (as much as possible) with actual ship classes (for the most part).

4 BB's 6 Ca's 2 Cl's and 11 Dd's that's a LOT of firepower against only 3+4 dd's and 6 T4 Cv's

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The US CV's would have to be represented by Langley CV's, I think.  Not quite accurate, but since they removed the odd-tiered CV's.... 
Low tier US DD's as Destroyers and Destroyer Escorts, I figure.  The closest analogs to the actual ships, when actual ship classes aren't available.
 

Langley against Yamato? Hmm... Also Erie could be a kinda substitute for DE's although no torps. Hmm....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×