You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SATISFIER

Where are the Submarines?

111 comments in this topic

[SAVAM]
[SAVAM]
Beta Testers
33 posts
10,652 battles

Soooo, uhhh... What's the deal with submarines? Is that still happening? If so, when? It's been a long time since the last testing.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 18

Members
38 posts
6,682 battles

I mean at this point they might as well put the subs in game can’t possibly get any worse than it is I am gonna hold my breath on that one because I am sure that it can 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles

No one knows what is going on with them. My guess is they are a back burner project where other projects take precedence for support.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles

Where are the submarines?  In Davy Jones' Locker, I assume.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[DRAH]
Members
555 posts
14,628 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

No one knows what is going on with them. My guess is they are a back burner project where other projects take precedence for support.

That is my impression as well. Reading between the lines and looking at comments from the last rounds of public testing it seems they still have a major boredom factor. If the fight leaves you behind you are like a standard US BB but with no range, can't catch up to the fight and can't hit anything. Also fights had a nasty habit of ending as Sub V CA or BB and people just had to sail around making the obvious cap moves for 5-10 mins until the team everyone knew was going to win on points won.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles
19 minutes ago, Ellyh said:

That is my impression as well. Reading between the lines and looking at comments from the last rounds of public testing it seems they still have a major boredom factor. If the fight leaves you behind you are like a standard US BB but with no range, can't catch up to the fight and can't hit anything. Also fights had a nasty habit of ending as Sub V CA or BB and people just had to sail around making the obvious cap moves for 5-10 mins until the team everyone knew was going to win on points won.

They did add an anti-CV plane consumable to the BB's which was pretty effective.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

hopefully never making it to the game. Homing Torpedoes.......just what this game needs. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
6 hours ago, SATISFIER said:

Soooo, uhhh... What's the deal with submarines? Is that still happening? If so, when? It's been a long time since the last testing.

Submarines are the top priority for 2021... Its one of the many major projects in the pipe-line...

That said, the current world situation has created a back log of 6 to 12 months.

Subs are coming...

• Cool 3
  • Meh 3

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,000 battles

Yes, by all means lets introduce another class of ship that will piss off a good portion of the player base.  I am sure that there are more players hoping for subs so they can do the same damage as CV's and not be seen or get there paint scratched.

You know what would be great, and would make WG a crap load of money?  How about more maps, more scenarios, better MM and any one of the other things that really need work on, not another ship class that dose not belong in a Gun v Gun game.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[CHA0S]
Members
693 posts
6,739 battles
16 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

You know what would be great, and would make WG a crap load of moneyHow about more maps, more scenarios, better MM and any one of the other things that really need work on, not another ship class that dose not belong in a Gun v Gun game. 

How do you know it would make them a ton of money?

In my experience, all that would happen is a bunch of whiny Forum posts about how garbage the updates were - the scenarios would be called trash, the new maps considered unbalanced garbage, and the MM would still be blamed for when players lost.

I welcome the subs.  Maybe some minelayers too.  Perhaps some Torpedo Boats.  Since WG is almost certain to be excoriated over whatever they do (or don't do) they may as well just go full animal - add everything that floated during WW2.

• Cool 4

[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles
23 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Yes, by all means lets introduce another class of ship that will piss off a good portion of the player base.  I am sure that there are more players hoping for subs so they can do the same damage as CV's and not be seen or get there paint scratched.

You know what would be great, and would make WG a crap load of money?  How about more maps, more scenarios, better MM and any one of the other things that really need work on, not another ship class that dose not belong in a Gun v Gun game.

Some people like to play checkers, some like to play 3-D Chess.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[AMIYA]
Members
87 posts
17,717 battles

According to statistics about players in the submarine model, WG think it is a failure so that they cancel them and then work on something greater----- new skill deadeye!

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles
1 minute ago, ShinMazingerZERO said:

According to statistics about players in the submarine model, WG think it is a failure so that they cancel them and then work on something greater----- new skill deadeye!

Source?
Pics, or it didn't happen?  :-)

• Cool 1

Members
410 posts
26 battles

We don't know when they're going to be added.

(And preferably never for at least some vocal parts of the playerbase)

Making a *very vague guess* is June (update 0.10.5) at the earliest based on:

1) WoWS avoiding 2 big things being released at the same time and new ship lines tend to have 2 patches (8 week) of focus on them

2) Assuming it is the next big thing after Italian Battleships (now) and German Destroyer at the earliest. and no other ship lines are announced.

But this even assumes they want to push it out to match the patch cycles in that way rather than just "When it's ready" as a 5th ship class would literally be the biggest release for the game, even over the CV rework and the Captain skill rework.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
5 hours ago, Ellyh said:

Imo, that's the conundrum. In order to avoid "boredom" they keep piling nonsensical mechanics on them. If you ask me, they should embrace boredom and make them more complex. That way at least hardcore sub enthusiast will be satisfied with the final product, the way they are going now... No one is really satisfied with that design, is still boring for casuals and uninteresting (also boring) for hardcores.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
1 hour ago, crazyeightyfive said:

I welcome the subs.  Maybe some minelayers too.  Perhaps some Torpedo Boats.  Since WG is almost certain to be excoriated over whatever they do (or don't do) they may as well just go full animal - add everything that floated during WW2.

Count me in.

Now if they put all of that in huge Open World persistent map (no death match fishbowl), that would be game Nirvana.

• Cool 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
9 hours ago, SATISFIER said:

as much as there is a lot of hate towards them...   they are still part of weegee's vision i think... but at least they appear to be doing the right thing, and thinking long and hard on how to do it without completely breaking the game...

• Cool 2

[CUDA]
Members
1,449 posts
13,933 battles

Torpedo boats could play like aircraft, 3 or 4 boat squadrons, not affected by torpedoes. 'flown' from a mother ship.

• Boring 1