You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

How are italian BBs?

50 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts

Just took T5 for a ride, can't cit anything shooting at perfectly broadside BBs, but myself got deleted pretty quickly, what a POS

well it's just one game, but I have bad feeling about this line now :(

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

On paper, the line is absolutely nothing to get excited about. To be fair however, the game is not played on paper, and the sum of the various underwhelming stats may turn out to be surprisingly effective. Possibly. :cat_paw:

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts

took it out again, what a piece of crap, can't cit anything broadside, and get cit even if i am very angled, this line is a joke

with US new line crap, don't have much to play now :(

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts

i did try to use SAP, well just scratch paints off BBs, no good either :(

these recent new BB lines are total disappointments, no interest to grind them unfortunately

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
4 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i did try to use SAP, well just scratch paints off BBs, no good either :(

these recent new BB lines are total disappointments, no interest to grind them unfortunately

They're probably like all the other newer lines, the bottom half (or more) is meh, with them starting to shine later on.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

They're probably like all the other newer lines, the bottom half (or more) is meh, with them starting to shine later on.

i think they totally did it wrong, wg need to give us better and better lines to keep players playing (that's why we get power creep), not doing the opposite

Beta Testers
35 posts
8,544 battles

I tried the tier IV and V and wasn't too impressed.  However, I decided to spend 1,500 dubs on a bundle and got the tier IX Lepanto!  Wow, this one is a blapfest!  I one-shot three ships in the last game.  Rarely even use the smoke so far.  Haven't needed to.  And shooting from smoke will make you instantly visible. 

The jury is still out, but I am thoroughly enjoying the Lapento.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
21 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i think they totally did it wrong, wg need to give us better and better lines to keep players playing (that's why we get power creep), not doing the opposite

The last thing any game needs is power creep. 

The problem with the new lines is that WG over-values gimmicks and such... so the ships get a gimmick or two, and the rest of their qualities are mediocre to bad.  

• Cool 8

Members
148 posts
6,569 battles

Got the T5 cavour..The Accuracy is frustrating.A broadside cruiser within 9km,did a full salvo,2 shells landed and it only did 2k.I guess because of its T5.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,948 posts
5 minutes ago, Nimitz_Zumwalt said:

Got the T5 cavour..The Accuracy is frustrating.A broadside cruiser within 9km,did a full salvo,2 shells landed and it only did 2k.I guess because of its T5.

no, new mexico troll me with a perfect T broadside, i can't cit him, and he cit me with less than 30 degrees angle, it's not T5, it's the line that sucks

[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles

Have T4/T5/T6/T8/T9

They all are terrible. Of the group the T6 seems to be the best but that is not saying much.

I was afraid we would end up with a line of Roma's (not Roma itself at every tier but the same flaws, traits, frustrating guns, etc...) and that is EXACTLY what they are. And the whole fear about SAP being OP on the BB's is not the reality. SAP from the CA's is pretty good but it is disappointing and underwhelming on the BB's (WG clearly has neutered it).

Terrible line!

JMHO - YMMV

• Cool 2

Members
865 posts
5,902 battles

Glad I didn’t bother reinstalling for these. It figures WG would miss the ez layup on ships many have been asking for for years. Great job again WG.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

So you want more power creep?

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

So you want more power creep?

Power creep is absolutely undesirable, though doing the exact opposite (as WG seems to have done with the RM BB line) isn’t much better. :etc_swear:

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Power creep is absolutely undesirable, though doing the exact opposite (as WG seems to have done with the RM BB line) isn’t much better. :etc_swear:

Apparently Lepanto and CC are decent, haven't heard anything about the T6-8.

It's pretty much what they did with French DDs and RM and RN CAs. I expect it to be the way things are from here on out.

Members
241 posts

Eek! This doesn't sound good at all :Smile_hiding:

I guess I will be doing the same thing with the Italian tokens as I did with the US tokens. Camos and flags...lol

[DEPVE]
Members
214 posts
18,053 battles

That is a very disappointing assessment. I was really hoping that the line would be fun to play... robust like Cesare with hard hitting if wonky guns like Roma... with SAP as a more powerful form of HE.

I have 4 and 5 now and I must say that so far the line has been as described... I'll press on and hope for better.

I'm a coop/ops main so I am looking forward especially to the tier 6 and 7 ships. Perhaps these will find a nitch.

Members
241 posts
Just now, lewellenfawr said:

I'm a coop/ops main so I am looking forward especially to the tier 6 and 7 ships. Perhaps these will find a nitch.

The long reloads of the higher tiers already turned me off given it doesn't mesh well with coop game play IMO.

I was hopeful that maybe the tier 7 could be useful in Narai. If I'm able to procure it through the missions fine, but I doubt I will pursue it otherwise just in case it is a steaming pile.

[TBCIC]
Members
70 posts
3,419 battles

Floating bricks 'that take a lickin' but keep on tickin' .. or floatin' ..

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Have T4/T5/T6/T8/T9

They all are terrible. Of the group the T6 seems to be the best but that is not saying much.

I was afraid we would end up with a line of Roma's (not Roma itself at every tier but the same flaws, traits, frustrating guns, etc...) and that is EXACTLY what they are. And the whole fear about SAP being OP on the BB's is not the reality. SAP from the CA's is pretty good but it is disappointing and underwhelming on the BB's (WG clearly has neutered it).

Terrible line!

JMHO - YMMV

In the Coop context I think you are right, the low DPM/speed combo is bad.

But I think they may have better fortune in PvP modes, as many other ships. The requirements for a successful ship for Coop are very different than for PvP modes.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,407 posts
10,647 battles

Have T4/T5/T6/T8/T9

Terrible line!

JMHO - YMMV

I've seen Colombo's literally obliterate a bow-on kremlin with more than 80% health in one shot .... several times in the past week. I do not know how or where they were aiming all I know is I saw it and it blew my mind. Anything that slays soviet bias ships like that is worthy of attention :D 

(before they nerf it because of that of course... I'll give them 72 hours after Colombo is out for the nerfhammer of putinrage comes down).  

Looking at the stats and layout of the ship I find them very interesting and could be a unique line to play... when they come out of early access I'll grind the line. 

Most of the complaints about its SAP is people not bothering to learn how to play it. Everyone who has played T10 knows how darn hard a Venezia hits a BB every salvo .. and their BB SAP is much stronger. You just need to know where to aim (hint: same aimpoints as Venezia). 

• Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
859 posts

Have T4/T5/T6/T8/T9

Terrible line!

JMHO - YMMV

You spent real money for meh ships. 

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles
12 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

In the Coop context I think you are right, the low DPM/speed combo is bad.

But I think they may have better fortune in PvP modes, as many other ships. The requirements for a successful ship for Coop are very different than for PvP modes.

Honestly, my complaints with them really aren't Co-op related. It is about things that would turn me off regardless of mode. They just aren't good at all.