Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lickmytrump

Whats the difference between premium ships with a white icon and gold icon?

22 comments in this topic

[-SD]
Members
7 posts
2,086 battles

Im a relatively new player and am a bit confused on the color coding in this game. why does the z-44 have a gold triangle and the Marceau only has a white one? is there any difference?

Capture.JPG

[SIM]
Members
5,778 posts
9,263 battles

The white-gold icon denotes a Special Ship, the full-gold icon denotes a Premium Ship. Premiums tend to make more credits than Special ships, and are less likely to face direct nerfs. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts

The gold is premium and the white is "special".  The difference is credit earning as far as I know.  Premium has a built in credit booster, special does not.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,374 posts
10,206 battles

Tier 10s "premium" are classified as "special" ships where they don't share the exact same qualities of any other premium ships under tier 10.

All premiums from tier 9 and under has a built in credit earning modifier as well as a built in reduced servicing cost for the ship itself in each battle.

Tier 10 "special" ships do not have any built in credit modifier, but retains the built in reduced servicing cost that is shared among the premiums, but tier 9s and 10s gets half off of their servicing cost which is incredibly huge in saving credits per battle and they also get camos that further improves their economy.

Also both premiums and special ships can use any captain you have in the respective nation.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
218 posts
3,148 battles

All T10 premiums are "Special".  T9 and below are almost always full premiums.  Exceptions being things like early access ships (currently the Italian BBs).

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
16,970 battles

Premium = You can switch capt without penalty of re training

Special = approximately  = Premium

Normal tech tree = 1 - If you have perm camo = semi premium coz it suffered from re train penalty; 2 - no perm camo = NORMAL like any other ships

Best deal = get any Premium Ship, 1 step down: hoard many perm camo as much as you can; Legendary capt, boost this capt to max asap

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,469 posts

And join a clan, you will recieve certain benefits that are valuable.

[PVE]
Members
7,826 posts
23,766 battles
4 hours ago, lickmytrump said:

Im a relatively new player and am a bit confused on the color coding in this game. why does the z-44 have a gold triangle and the Marceau only has a white one? is there any difference?

Capture.JPG

T10 has a standard 180k credit post battle service cost (that's not counting added ammo costs which vary per each ship)... that's the standard cost for any tech tree ship w/out a premium camo.

If you buy a premium camo for a T10 tech tree ship it has a 50% post battle service cost when you use the camo dropping the post battle cost down to 90k credits.

All premium ships come w/a 50% post battle service cost reduction for their tier (don't have the other tiers post battle costs memorized but all premiums get the reduced cost when you equip their camo).

Regular premiums (the gold ones) have a built in extra credit & XP modifier baked in...which is based on performance & is added into your credit & XP totals but don't effect the 90k post battle costs directly.

It's an unknown amount & a few have either an extra credit or an extra XP modifier baked in also...but again...the exact amounts are unknown.

Special ships (the white icons) are all T10 & don't have the extra credit or XP modifier...but...they do have a built post battle service cost of 50% (bringing the cost down to 90k credits) plus they get the same camo bonus as the regular premiums of an additional 50% post battle service cast which brings their cost down to 45k credits per battle...& that cost is the same every battle no matter how they perform...so it's much cheaper to run them than any other T10s on account of that.

The post battle cost is less in co-op (don't recall the exact amount there) but w/basically a 25% cost you can even earn credits in co-op w/them...in T10.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts

special can also be "removed" ..

the italian BB line right now is shown as "special" i expect that "special" to go away as soon as they just become part of the tech tree...

I could be wrong though...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,460 battles

This is simply an excellent thread....there was a well thought out and well worded question that probably many initial players wonder about and it received some really good and helpful information...wish more threads were of this quality....

• Cool 1

[DMGS]
Members
120 posts
6,562 battles
3 hours ago, SKurj said:

special can also be "removed" ..

the italian BB line right now is shown as "special" i expect that "special" to go away as soon as they just become part of the tech tree...

I could be wrong though...

That only applies to early access tech tree ships I believe. If you get a special ship that is standalone (like Yoshino or Marceau) those stay special forever.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,915 posts
Just now, Firewalk said:

That only applies to early access tech tree ships I believe. If you get a special ship that is standalone (like Yoshino or Marceau) those stay special forever.

might be right, but it still leaves the door open.. if they can do it for one "special" (not purchased directly with $$) they can do it for any of them.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,225 posts
9,984 battles
11 hours ago, lickmytrump said:

thanks guys that helps alot, now i know what to avoid for a farming ship

You also need to look at the ships in question.

The Z-44 will earn more credits for the same results. If you can get better results from Marceau, (which I believe is the case) then Marceau is a better farmer.

I make more credits with Thunderer than Georgia overall, because Thunderer can pile on fires.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,225 posts
9,984 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

This chart from Reddit gives you an idea of the credit earnings:

image.thumb.png.8bf98abe9c760efd6a94fbc83f07d8e4.png

I always though Musashi earned less than MO, but more than more recent T9s.

Members
654 posts
17,921 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I always though Musashi earned less than MO, but more than more recent T9s.

Yes MO earns more because it has a different baked credit modifier - only Sims and MO have special baked modifiers (That I am aware of) an example is Harekaze has a special XP modifier but it's directly liked to it's camo not baked in so it doesn't affect base XP only earned. 

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
352 posts
24,946 battles
24 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

Yes MO earns more because it has a different baked credit modifier - only Sims and MO have special baked modifiers (That I am aware of) an example is Harekaze has a special XP modifier but it's directly liked to it's camo not baked in so it doesn't affect base XP only earned. 

Mo has same extra credit earning as other T9 Premiums based on clan battle results.  No ship got base xp modifier. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,698 posts
5,975 battles
15 hours ago, Burnsy said:

The gold is premium and the white is "special".  The difference is credit earning as far as I know.  Premium has a built in credit booster, special does not.

This.

15 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

The white-gold icon denotes a Special Ship, the full-gold icon denotes a Premium Ship. Premiums tend to make more credits than Special ships, and are less likely to face direct nerfs. 

Not this.

Members
654 posts
17,921 battles
36 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Mo has same extra credit earning as other T9 Premiums based on clan battle results.  No ship got base xp modifier. 

Clan battles is a poor way to measure earnings as they are based on Win / Loss and have some set values. Also many "Special" features are excluded from Clan. WG has already stated that MO was partly removed because the extra Credit earnings became and undesired feature. Also with XP as I stated Sims is the ONLY ship that I am aware of that has a Base XP modifier and the reason in T7 Ranked was one of the most popular DD's (It was hard to lose your star) 

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
352 posts
24,946 battles
34 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

Clan battles is a poor way to measure earnings as they are based on Win / Loss and have some set values. Also many "Special" features are excluded from Clan. WG has already stated that MO was partly removed because the extra Credit earnings became and undesired feature. Also with XP as I stated Sims is the ONLY ship that I am aware of that has a Base XP modifier and the reason in T7 Ranked was one of the most popular DD's (It was hard to lose your star) 

Like you said clan battle has a fixed set of numbers based on win or loss and none of the battle performance, so it's the perfect way to reveal hidden multiplier.   

Members
654 posts
17,921 battles
5 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Like you said clan battle has a fixed set of numbers based on win or loss and none of the battle performance, so it's the perfect way to reveal hidden multiplier.   

No it really isn't as the mode is modified to a point - example special captain skills do not work 

Sign in to follow this