You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_of_Admirals

Bots in ranked.

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
4,059 battles

Anybody seeing a lot of bots playing ranked this season? I've been in 11 games this season with bots on either my team or the enemies team. They sit afk not moving for the first min or so then either go straight forward or reverse and shoot the closest ship. Dont respond to comms or even use their rudder.

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,939 battles
40 minutes ago, Lord_of_Admirals said:

Anybody seeing a lot of bots playing ranked this season? I've been in 11 games this season with bots on either my team or the enemies team. They sit afk not moving for the first min or so then either go straight forward or reverse and shoot the closest ship. Dont respond to comms or even use their rudder.

Too busy playing for objectives to give potential bots/afkers much attention...

Might give them a look after dying but haven't noticed anything like that so far...but only played a few (terrible) games so far this season.

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
245 posts
9,911 battles

Yeah in the few games I've played I've seen a couple.  It's not surprising given there were some players with upwards of 1500-2000 games during just the test season who weren't banned, even though having winrates under 40% in some cases.

(because what's worse than a bot = throwing, but we don't punish that here :3)

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles

In the few ranked games I've played so far in this cycle, can't remember any AFK or 'bot-behaviors among the ships.

Members
4,154 posts
44,248 battles

I am not sure. Mostly saw odd , not moving, refuse to fire, strange pull outs of DDs, etc. Player behavior is subjective. Win by Discord or Team Speak is the norm.

Ranked is Ranked. Since when was it supposed to be that players actually play like they are supposed to? Some in Ranked play like they don't. 

You can nitpick each match and always find something wrong with it. 

But I pity a player that won a match and realized later that it was handed to them on a silver platter. But some like it that way.

Win by not being fair. it is a cultural thing to have an edge. 

As early as consoles, there were always codes given away in books sold in book stores so a player got an edge.

And so long as that culture is nurtured, it will never go away. 

But if the players that foster this culture either by subterfuge or mischief to win a match makes them feel better, 

then imagine how they will feel when they can't do it anymore and are told that it is wrong, that the game has been set as such to discourage it.

Imagine how they will feel when the game got them. 

Making the game fun for all is what we all want. 

But if a select few are making it bad for the many, then WG has to do something about it.

If that select few are discouraging players to grow, or making them struggle, so the select few can make this game their exclusive playground;

then that is a serious problem.

Grieving, brigading during sync drops, etc. is what I am talking about. 

Bots are a Devs issue, and I am certain they will be dealt with accordingly. If players want to spend their money to do such things and then be dealt, then that is their choice.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[WOLFG]
Members
672 posts
14,274 battles

Was thinking you meant bots like in low tier Randoms to fill the teams at first. Then reading comprehension kicked in, lol. Anyway, I haven't noticed any bot-like/AFK behavior in the handful of games I have played this time around.