You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

45 comments in this topic

[WPORT]
Members
8,105 posts
13,162 battles

Ships I've wanted in the game for a while....

Playable cargo ships with repair capabilities
Sea-plane/Flying-boat Tenders
Submarines (My Commander Iona needs an I-401, dang it!)
Hybrid CV ships (Tone and Ise, for example).

Other stuff....
More Scenario Operations and bringing back the operations currently "on hiatus".
All the odd-tiered CV's returned to the game and available to play.  (I still miss my Zuiho.)
The Enterprise in my port.
The Musashi in my port.
All the ships that WG/WOWs pulled from sale to become available in the premium shop and armory and tech-tree (according to their original status as a premium or special or tech-tree ship).

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

[CHA0S]
Members
240 posts
2,946 battles

The Arsenal Ship.  First read about it in Eric L. Harry's alternate history/future novel "Invasion."

Basically a massive vessel featuring hundreds of VLSs (Vertical Launch Systems).  Essentially she volley fires hundreds of missiles at a time, saturating and overwhelming enemy defences.

image.png.1ccc05415ca4d0841d9df0f39c6acefe.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_ship

edit: spelling error

Edited by crazyeightyfive
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[-ARP-]
Members
805 posts
40,465 battles

If it includes anime ships and/or submarines , my ingame name, arp i400, arp i401, arp i402, and their irl representative ship, arp hyuga, type XI, surcouf and the export version of  Halland for the pan American DD would be nice 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[TOD]
Members
164 posts
2,315 battles

No specific ships, but some more "pre-dreadnoughts" and early dreadnoughts. Mikasa is lonesome.

• Thanks 3

[-GDP-]
[-GDP-]
Members
19 posts
761 battles

The Arsenal Ship.  First read about it in Eric L. Harry's alternate history/future novel "Invasion."

Basically a massive vessel featuring hundreds of VLSs (Vertical Launch Systems).  Essentially she volley fires hundreds of missiles at a time, saturating and overwhelming enemy defences.

Sorry but i think that is too late of an era though, that is more of modern times then the World war II era

[-GDP-]
[-GDP-]
Members
19 posts
761 battles

i kind of want the USS Hornet in the game in the regular teck tree  and a limited time USS Hornet with B-25 Mitchel bombers and the regular planes on it

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,720 posts
26,137 battles
1 hour ago, immaBaconboi said:

What new ship idea do you plan on having, could be anything you want 

I'd love a line of IJN light cruisers, IJN aircraft cruisers, or a mix of both in one line. Nagara Class, Sendai Class, Chitose, Agano Class, Ooyodo Class,  Converted Mogami (Make Mikuma, a sister ship the regular IJN line), and Chikuma (Tone Class) could make up most a line. 

They could have strong AA or at least decent AA with defensive fire, unique longer ranged torps (Yahagi style) that make them playable as oversized DDs, or the ability to launch small flights of strike planes like Tone and Ise. The whole line could also be made of a mix of those traits. Low HP, armor, and small guns could be balancing factors.

[-GDP-]
[-GDP-]
Members
19 posts
761 battles

I'd love a line of IJN light cruisers, IJN aircraft cruisers, or a mix of both in one line. Nagara Class, Sendai Class, Chitose, Agano Class, Ooyodo Class,  Converted Mogami (Make Mikuma, a sister ship the regular IJN line), and Chikuma (Tone Class) could make up most a line. 

They could have strong AA or at least decent AA with defensive fire, unique longer ranged torps (Yahagi style) that make them playable as oversized DDs, or the ability to launch small flights of strike planes like Tone and Ise. The whole line could also be made of a mix of those traits. Low HP, armor, and small guns could be balancing factors

if there is more carriers and ships sign me up, i would test them in a heart beat

• Boring 2

[CHA0S]
Members
240 posts
2,946 battles
1 hour ago, immaBaconboi said:

50 minutes ago, immaBaconboi said:

Sorry but i think that is too late of an era though, that is more of modern times then the World war II era

Sorry, OP wasn't clear.  Maybe edit to specify the in-game time period?

[-GDP-]
[-GDP-]
Members
19 posts
761 battles

Sorry, OP wasn't clear.  Maybe edit to specify the in-game time period?

but what would be its equipment?

[KMK]
Members
364 posts
13,723 battles

Similar to WG did with "Boise - Nueve de Julio" cruiser (2 ships), I want the Tre Kronor cruiser  "HSwMS Göta Lejon - CL-04 Almirante Latorre " (i want a ship from my country :Smile_sad:)

Or the battleship Almirante Latorre

Edited by danmh

Members
853 posts
2 hours ago, immaBaconboi said:

What we need iare BB's that launch submarines that launch planes carrying radar DDs.

• Funny 1

[-GDP-]
[-GDP-]
Members
19 posts
761 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

What we need iare BB's that launch submarines that launch planes carrying radar DDs.

okay, that is complex

[NOVUM]
Members
119 posts
5,488 battles

The Flying Sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

1053813794_FlyingSub.jpg.b074fecea723e1c6a29dc3b91857deb4.jpg1301133300_FlyingSub2.jpg.9048b048b816ae9fed1497b497708734.jpg

Seaview.jpg.453b9ff30a9fb27e1093208106bf011c.jpg

Just imagine the CV/Sub hate for this thing   :cap_viking::Smile_izmena:

PS: I actually owned this model as a kid!

• Haha 1

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

The USS Johnston, as a tier X Fletcher with a heal consumable and a small buff to her HP and main battery RoF

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,876 posts
14,882 battles

There are two I would like to see.

First: The Almirante Cochrane a Chilean super Dreadnought. I see it in tier 4 or more likely because of the heavy armament of 10 x 14 inch, tier 5 even though the AA is minimal.

1920px-Chilean_battleship_Almirante_Lato

Second: The Samuel B Roberts as a low tier DD, tier 3 or 4. Only two guns but they are the  5"/38 that higher tier DD's use so she would still have a good punch.
The AA would also be very good, good enough to troll the tier 4 CV's with 2 x 2 40mm and 10 x 1 20mm and the 5 inch are dual purpose. Speed would be the 28.7 that she accomplished in the battle.
I would also give her a higher than normal fire chance because she was firing them in the battle when she ran out of everything else.

Edited by BrushWolf

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,788 battles
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

With frickin lasers

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,159 posts
11,293 battles

The ships I want to see in the game that we don't already have?

Tech tree: Submarines, IJNCV2 (Taiho line), USCV2 (Essex line), British battlecruisers, German battlecruisers, Italian destroyers, European (Dutch or Spanish) cruisers.

Premiums: V De Ruyter, VI Arkhangelsk, VI Canberra, VI Nevada (1944), VI Oyodo, VI Repulse, VI Wasp, VII Dorsetshire, VII Houston, VII Prince of Wales, VIII Akagi, VIII Hornet, IX New Jersey, IX Ontario, IX Wisconsin, X Intrepid, X Shinano 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,876 posts
14,882 battles

One more, the USS Houston at tier 6 to sail with the HMAS Perth.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts
5 hours ago, crazyeightyfive said:

image.png.1ccc05415ca4d0841d9df0f39c6acefe.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_ship

edit: spelling error

The Arsenal Ship was part of our Modern Navy Plans some years back with various side things to explore. Ultimately it was scuttled by Congress or those interests that were against these vessels.

As it stands today a Modern Ford or Nimitz Super Carrier supported by Two Ticonderogas and Networked Burkes and so on would only be protected by about maybe 400 SAM's purpose built to defend Carrier and Networking probably can use point defense in a swarm share situation to offer another 100 to 200 more potential missile kills. The problem is that since the original Aegis Defense system can go into Automatic prior to the VLS days and have all 98 missiles out and intercepting inbounds, it will be empty in 10 minutes. VLS can empty that magazine faster.

All China or Russia has to do is simply throw 1500 missiles against each USN SuperCarrier battle group, strike force or task force. Saturation takes care of the Carrier which is the main object in a hour or less. The rest of the ships will end up being sunk anyway. 20,000 souls lost.

Enter the Arsenal Ship. Load it with 1000 or even 2000 or more special weapons for a variety of purposes and place two with a US Carrier Group and one with a US Marine Afloat. Heck with enough Link 16 all the way down to the individual soldier, marine or airman with eyeballs on say a tank target, he or she can designate it and the arsenal will network, decide a weapon and shoot. That particular tank target or whatever inbound will be destroyed in time. If you had 1500 tanks coming and the networking and the pending new AI/SWARM computer coding works out and agrees on which missile shoots what tank all 1500 would be disposed of as soon the flight time is completed from arsenal ship. No different than say 50 longbowD's with their millimeter radars sorting out a valleys worth of Soviet tanks coming out of eastern germany in a few minutes. 16 hell fires per chopper networked and sorted will mean that upwards of 800 Tanks would go POOF in a few minutes. Never mind that there is another 40,000 inbound as would be in the 80's

Todays arsenal ship off the fritches haff can take care of most of Europe fire missions in a hour. The problem lies with the old St Petersburg. Its a literal missile bastion now. EXTREMELY dangerous in what was north eastern Germany northern Polish land. Its a little bit west of the main Russian Homeland but is more than capable of using a variety of weapons with their new Bastion Doctrine to eliminate anything and everything vital to us. Imagine ramstien, Mildenhall, Fairfield, etc. All go poof. Across the entire European Nations. poof. All gone. There would be only one response and that is to launch Nuclear Missiles vs Russia. THAT in turn will eliminate the USA and most of the current free world as a existing concern. It will be a glowing land of starshine and radioactive ash for months.

Sure we can use a bunch of Arsenal Ships. But we need alot more work in AI/SWARM and other problems to be resolved in order to really assure that we can survive a modern war that will be fought in lethality and numbers too great too fast for any human to comprehend. it would be a computer war. Whose Magic is greater? Are we willing to bet 300 million people to find out?

Me personally I don't care. I live near three important wartime nuclear targets close enough so that when the Russian uses the Satan II's or Sons of Satan due to be deployed in 2024 combat duty or earlier, the effects of those weapons will cremate me where I may be inside or out. SO its not me I worry about. Its the children who have not grown up yet or lived. They say we are working towards missile defense here in the lower 48 but its a mockery and only on paper. Has been naked for decades. We gave that up when we retired the NIKES early in my life.

If we needed to whatever Ticonderogas with the new SM6's model and the associated ballistic missile sofware will be able to kill a few inbounds from either Coast or wherever they can complete the math enough to make the shot near the USA. But we must understand that there is no real defense to speak of here. Nothing. Just Mutual destruction like always. IF we can get our Missiles off in time. (THAT becomes increasingly a problem when the new Russian weapons approach 20 mach which means they can launch over the pole and hit our Nebraska/Colorado fields faster than we can get the whole 450 silos to launch status. Most of that time will be wasted via wth within our civilian leadership and wasted motion in the pentagon.

A famous wargames movie leaves you with a question: How about a nice game of chess?

Edited by xHeavy
  • Thanks 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,649 posts

Dido-class cruiser with two hulls, an A hull representing the 5 turret configuration with Mk II turrets, the B hull representing the 4 turret configuration with RP10 Mk II turrets.

the later RP10 Mk II turrets had RPC with twice the train and elevation rate along with powered loading trays and automatic ramming which increased fire rate.

at tier VI or VII

Edited by b101uk
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,105 posts
13,162 battles
6 hours ago, BitCrushed said:

The Flying Sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

1053813794_FlyingSub.jpg.b074fecea723e1c6a29dc3b91857deb4.jpg1301133300_FlyingSub2.jpg.9048b048b816ae9fed1497b497708734.jpg

Seaview.jpg.453b9ff30a9fb27e1093208106bf011c.jpg

Just imagine the CV/Sub hate for this thing   :cap_viking::Smile_izmena:

PS: I actually owned this model as a kid!

Good show.
It's kind of like watching a time-capsule, now, though.
At least it used live-actors instead of puppets.  :-)

Members
129 posts
7 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

No! We need BB's to launch ZEPPELINS that can launch submarines and radar DD's!

And sharks with frikkin laser beams attached to their heads!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1