You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Strange gamecenter issue after patch

10 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
4,406 posts
24,191 battles

Now when I start Gamecenter it is not just that little app that opens.. it is ALWAYS full screen!!!

I don't need a full screen version of Gamecenter in my face that I have to shrink back down every launch and then have it go full screen the next time I launch it again.

It's the only app that " Forgets " its settings and I cannot not find a preference settings to make it stop.

Anyone else have this issue and found a fix?

• Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i don't have that issue.. and i don't want to make it full screen in case i can't get it back.. but you could: rt click the shortcut and select properties>> shortcut tab>>Run:  Normal Window...  might help..

image.png.de899ff773374a843f3a89d842ea94a2.png

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

i don't have that issue.. and i don't want to make it full screen in case i can't get it back.. but you could: rt click the shortcut and select properties>> shortcut tab>>Run:  Normal Window...

This^^^.... It sounds like a windows properties issue... Not WGC itself...

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,409 posts
15,676 battles
41 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Now when I start Gamecenter it is not just that little app that opens.. it is ALWAYS full screen!!!

I don't need a full screen version of Gamecenter in my face that I have to shrink back down every launch and then have it go full screen the next time I launch it again.

It's the only app that " Forgets " its settings and I cannot not find a preference settings to make it stop.

Anyone else have this issue and found a fix?

No but I have other issues like having to go into the armory or naval battles twice because the first time all I get is the spinning ball . So I have to close it then do it again and then it opens on the second try every time .

Edited by clammboy

[GOB]
Members
4,406 posts
24,191 battles
46 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i don't have that issue.. and i don't want to make it full screen in case i can't get it back.. but you could: rt click the shortcut and select properties>> shortcut tab>>Run:  Normal Window...  might help..

Nah.. that's a different setting.. min max normal.  If it's on normal it shouldn't open Maximized every time. Changing this does nothing.

Thanx for the looking out though.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

Nah.. that's a different setting.. min max normal.  If it's on normal it shouldn't open Maximized every time. Changing this does nothing.

Thanx for the looking out though.

ok yup i tried it .. did nothing..

but i can reproduce it always opening in full screen...

but i can also fix it... it always remembers what size it was when i close it (not click X, but actually exit from the system tray)  do you have it set to start when windows starts?  Maybe try disabling that, then make sure it is not full screen... and close it from sys tray see if it retains it next time you start it..

if it ain't this, the only other thing i can think of is registry stuff...  the latest patch didn't patch wgc... looks like the last wgc update my system shows in feb 3rd

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

I can't even log in under either account on either machine since Wednesday... or was it Tuesday. 

I'll wait until this weather event is over.  Glad you folks are having fun, though.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
59 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I can't even log in under either account on either machine since Wednesday... or was it Tuesday. 

I'll wait until this weather event is over.  Glad you folks are having fun, though.

hmm do you have a vpn to try a different route?

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles
27 minutes ago, SKurj said:

hmm do you have a vpn to try a different route?

Nope.  Don't have time for that stuff.
I'm not going to screw around..  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work...
As for the suggestion to take my laptop to a friends' house and try it.............  I don't believe I should have to do that.

If I can't enjoy a game with a 'normal' connection at home...  then to hell with it.
Everything else works.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Nope.  Don't have time for that stuff.
I'm not going to screw around..  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work...
As for the suggestion to take my laptop to a friends' house and try it.............  I don't believe I should have to do that.

If I can't enjoy a game with a 'normal' connection at home...  then to hell with it.
Everything else works.

a vpn just changes the route you take to the server it is still a normal connection.  if there is an outage somewhere between your isp and chicago...  vpn will just allow you to try a different route to the server.

but hey its 10 minutes you won't ever get back...