You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SuperUltraMegaKaren

There needs to be a test to participate in ranked battles

8 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
11,357 battles

Ranked battles were fun. Teams were well matched, teammates knew what they were doing, there was communication and things were great.

Then, people who have absolutely no business being outside of co-op started showing up and now it's just random battles. It's pretty much ruined.

I'm not talking about people who try something and it doesn't work out. I mean the Seattle and Iowa who sail straight to A1...in the same battle. There is "I am struggling with learning the mechanics of the game but I am trying" and then there is "I am utterly terrible and want to put no effort into the battle because others will carry me."

Please do something.

• Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
46 posts
199 battles
1 hour ago, SuperUltraMegaKaren said:

Ranked battles were fun. Teams were well matched, teammates knew what they were doing, there was communication and things were great.

Then, people who have absolutely no business being outside of co-op started showing up and now it's just random battles. It's pretty much ruined.

I'm not talking about people who try something and it doesn't work out. I mean the Seattle and Iowa who sail straight to A1...in the same battle. There is "I am struggling with learning the mechanics of the game but I am trying" and then there is "I am utterly terrible and want to put no effort into the battle because others will carry me."

Please do something.

Thats all game modes.

Also.. You say "These people" you should perhaps use a mirror. (pot calling kettle black here)

"I am utterly terrible and want to put no effort into the battle because others will carry me."

It shouldn't be a test to play ranked. It -should- be a minimum PR/WR though.

• Thanks 1

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,229 posts
19,400 battles
1 hour ago, SuperUltraMegaKaren said:

Please do something.

What about those that try the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result? 

I mean, not too long ago I usedto say minimum WR 50% should be a requirement, so if I had my way back then, you yourself would not be allowed to participate.

I was wrong to be so callous back then. I do think it would be nice if teams actually try to work together in a team based game, but that’s never going to change... it’s totally random. And, Ranked is just randoms with rewards.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,717 battles

Ranked is bad. I am 2-8 this season. Lost games where we had huge ship and cap leads. AFK players. No concept of how to play. Sure I can save a star but you still have to win. 

[ERT1]
Members
7 posts
3,284 battles

"And, Ranked is just randoms with rewards."

Nailed it.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,898 battles

Rank is a unique game mode in where, if the high caliber guns dont produce... You're not winning...

With that in mind... In a few battles last night, those players blame the lower caliber gun players.. OR they blame the flying police, for their lack of production...

Its comedy to watch in real time... In a sense, if you're in control of a high caliber gun... You better produce, if not... Dont blame those around you for your shortcomings.

Words to live by from personal observations...

Members
47 posts

The problem I see with Ranked right now is that they decided this round bronze league had to be mixed between tiers 8 & 9 whereas last season, it was just tier 8 for bronze. That and they spent so much time advertising the removal of Georgia and Alaska that you see those two stomping on anyone who dared bring a tier 8 to the fight. Last season I had lots of fun just because the match ups were so even at tier 8. Yes the Massachusetts was my favorite but I never felt like I was chained to that ship to win. I rolled out the NC, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Alabama, and I also saw people doing well with Amagi and Kii. I also tried running with the Albamarle, Baltimore, and Anchorage. Personally I had my best luck with the Albe. Now it really feels like we just wait in MM to see who was either dumb enough to bring a tier 8 or too poor to bring one of the OP tier 9 premiums. Having bronze as tier 8 and then having 9&10 as the struggle was perfect.

[CAN1A]
Beta Testers
6 posts
10,273 battles

I totally agree, too many players get in random battles and then hide. If you call them out about hiding they ding you in karma. There should be a separate complaint for those who hide and if you report them for hiding they cannot report you for picking on them. I have still been unable to score a win

Edited by zylas1