You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CRZY_TRAIN

ModStation picks

18 comments in this topic

[-ICE-]
Members
516 posts

Assuming ModStation is ok to use which I think it is.. what are some good choices.  There is a awful lot to choose.  How about what crosshairs or zoom..  what ones do we like if you care to share your secrets lol.  Also does ModStation cause any more lag or any neg reasons not to use it.  

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

all it does is apply the mods and update your config, and then you can launch from the wgc if you want.  It is supported by weegee (the app but not the mods as far as I am aware)  a lot of the same mods as you can find in alsains, though often aslains gets them first.

I use the dynamic crosshairs, nomogam classic top is the current one, but you can add all the options and try each in game

Lots of QoL items that are real handy... some i use:

Radar timer/smoke timer/scoretimer

numbergress (shows mission progress in after battle report)

detection timer (just counts down from 20 after firing)

regen assistant - shows how much damage available for repair relative to your max capability

damage meter - damage against and from enemy ships

info panel - enemy - shows things like their detection range, armament ranges etc

crew perks in battle.. i always forget what skills captain has, so i can see it in game with this

and more

Port screen

all good stuff in here try them

In the last tab

- calm seas i like and i remove blur effects

-unlimited replays is good

There is alot of cosmetic that I don't bother with.. but the modstation mods are numerous and the descriptions not always clear, I am guessing due to translations maybe.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,830 posts
4,285 battles

Yes, it's fine to use, one of the WG devs maintains it (though the mods are still by third parties).

What you use is up to you and how you want the game to look. What one person uses another may hate.

But I use a collection of mods that increase amount of information. First is advanced chat, gives ship name in chat. This REALLY needs to be in the base game, Random_Player saying there's a DD by him is useless, but the Amagi (who I can instantly locate on the map) saying there's a DD nearby is very useful.

I also run live icons, which makes the team lineups actually useful, name, ship type, live updated HP, kills, and torp range. Info panel on enemy, gives the basic stats for the ship you have targeted. Detection counter, starts a 20sec counter when you fire your guns so you know how long before you go dark. Radar timer, tells you how long you've been detected by radar or hydro. The mini navigator mod, gives the angle of the target ship relative to you, but it's small and unobtrusive. I don't use it very much. Running lights, it's controversial, and IMO either should be built into the game somehow or banned because it definitely gives an advantage. It's not gamebreaking, but borderline. But it's legal and useful so I use it. Oh also regen assistant, shows how much I can heal and when I've lost enough HP to use the full heal.

I think that's it for in battle mods. I also run a bunch for the port. Two filters for camos so I can sort by CXP, XP, or whatever. Another feature that should be in the base game. Stingy by default, so I don't lose doubloons and everything is preset to credits or XP now. Good news, which hides those irritating news flags on everything, advanced ship filters, more filter options. Also one that can show the ship loadout on the port screen. WR for ships, extended tech tree, session stats. Gun caliber in inches.

That's what I run, basically stuff to make my life easier in port and give me more info in battle. I try to avoid changing the look of the game, I like it as is for the most part. But there's a lot you can do, and everyone does it differently. That's the great thing about mods. Play around and see what you like.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Here are the ones I use (and like).

• Dynamic Crosshair : Nomogram Classic
  • Customizable Panels by hakabase (used to use AutoSpy but after further experimentation I found this one works better for me since it allows you to move the panels downward on the screen and shows ship info (like which ships have radar)
  • Radar Timer
  • Numbergress
  • Assistant
  • Running Lights
  • Score Timer
  • Regen Assistant
  • Info Panel: Enemy
  • Battleframe Minimap
  • Stingy By Default
  • Extended MiniCarousel
  • Session Stats

Happy Sailing! 

[K-POP]
Members
4,849 posts
13,453 battles

As mentioned already, the modstation is maintained by WG (although the mods themselves are still third party), and all of the included mods are guaranteed to be legal. Some people use it (and other mods) purely for cosmetic stuff, others for combat related info and QoL changes, and a lot of people are somewhere in the middle.

Of the mods I use, most of them are cosmetic, and the combat related ones tend to be on the QoL side to have more info available in one place at a glance then spread out in multiple places. Currently I’m running:

- Nomogram classic (dynamic crosshair similar to the default, but it scales to distance rather than zoom level, and its lead indicators are scaled for shell flight time at 20/30 knots, so it’s pretty easy to lead; some players recommend nomogram modern since its lead indicators are purely by ship speed, but I prefer classic)

- Customizable panels by Roslich (one of those ‘at a glance’ changes, to be able to see ship health and if a certain enemy ship is detected quickly without having to move the camera)

- Numbegress (adds numerical values back to the combat mission progress on the battle results, which WG removed for some reason last summer)

- Score timer (extremely useful, to tell exactly how long it would take to win or which team would win if the game ran to the full 20 minutes)

- Team HP (like the panels mod, just shows the total health remaining on both teams; imo more useful than a list of the ships still alive since the team panel shows that)

- Badobest chat (adds the ship name in front of anyone typing in chat, making it slightly quicker to know which ship is giving tactical info than comparing the player name with the team list)

- Remove fog/glare and calm seas (I’m still going back and forth on the calm seas part, but the other two are definitely nice visual changes that make it slightly easier to see certain things in battle from some directions/ranges)

- Good news (disables those slightly annoying ‘hey there’s a new thing here!’ notifications in port, which I likely already know about)

- Ship win rate/session stats (let’s me see at a glance in port how any given ship is performing in terms of winrate and how I’ve been performing overall that day)

- All ships in tree (another very useful thing that I wish was in the base game, since it’s the only way you can see stats and armor profiles of premium/test/etc ships that you don’t have without going to an external site)

- Port Admiral (removes the gray filter for ships you don’t own, just a small visual QoL improvement that’s nice to have)

- Historical flag size (makes all of the in-game national flags match their real world dimensions; completely unnecessary in game, but I think it looks better that way)

- Replay limit off (I keep all of my replays so I can go back and watch/record ones that I want to; I could probably delete them after each patch, but they don’t take up a lot of room so I just leave them there)

- Bright ships/commanders/awards (it makes things look nicer; does it need to have any other purpose?) 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles

Modstation is official, the fact that WG directly hosts it and maintains it should be sign enough of it being legit.

I suggest taking a look at "Navigator."  It gives the angle of target relative to you, which is pretty important for certain shells, like AP.  Sometimes when you look at a target, you're getting baited by the defender.  He "shows you a broadside" and is getting you to fire at their armor belt.  The reality is they have just enough angle, despite "looking" like they show a near broadside view.  It'd be enough, especially with nudging the rudder a bit while shells are in the air, to bounce your shells.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Modstation is official, the fact that WG directly hosts it and maintains it should be sign enough of it being legit.

I suggest taking a look at "Navigator."  It gives the angle of target relative to you, which is pretty important for certain shells, like AP.  Sometimes when you look at a target, you're getting baited by the defender.  He "shows you a broadside" and is getting you to fire at their armor belt.  The reality is they have just enough angle, despite "looking" like they show a near broadside view.  It'd be enough, especially with nudging the rudder a bit while shells are in the air, to bounce your shells.

This. When I started using it, I was amazed at how much broadside I thought I was getting, but really wasn't. And you can really improve your results just waiting for yellow to turn green.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

I'm in the understanding you need to reinstall all the mods every update (i.e. every month), is it correct?

[PPNA1]
Members
36 posts
5,106 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I'm in the understanding you need to reinstall all the mods every update (i.e. every month), is it correct?

You do, but it’s not a big deal. Mod Station knows which ones you use, so you just have to sign on, hit the Install button and off you go.

Edited by DownriverRick
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
1 minute ago, DownriverRick said:

You do

And here I'm reminded why I run vanilla...

[-ICE-]
Members
516 posts

I added a bunch and im not even sure whats what.  some i think ill take out.  the crosshairs are a plus for sure   i think i added navigator but i didnt notice it yet.   I now added Navigator... yes good suggestion ty

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
59 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

And here I'm reminded why I run vanilla...

it takes literally seconds, and if you want a reminder, just always launch the game from modstation it will inform you if it needs an update, which isn't uncommon as more mods are added or changed etc.

That really is the only real drawback..  granted i have very fast connection, i don't think any of the mods are large, and the app does it for you and remembers your selected mods.  You just click the install button and it updates everything, you don''t have to through them individually, or download the mods individually.

AND>..  just because the mod is updated, you don't have to install it... you can just run the game from wgc and it will retain all your mods, until the game is patched.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i should add... i stated i don't think the mods are large...

there are alot of camo packs and things like that, i don't use them, and perhaps they have the potential to be large i don't know.  I should have stated, none of the mods I use are large.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

it takes literally seconds, and if you want a reminder, just always launch the game from modstation it will inform you if it needs an update, which isn't uncommon as more mods are added or changed etc.

That really is the only real drawback..  granted i have very fast connection, i don't think any of the mods are large, and the app does it for you and remembers your selected mods.  You just click the install button and it updates everything, you don''t have to through them individually, or download the mods individually.

AND>..  just because the mod is updated, you don't have to install it... you can just run the game from wgc and it will retain all your mods, until the game is patched.

Ok, sounds easy and fast enough. I was interested only in the mod to increase the size of the minimap, but that's opening Pandora's Box... 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Ok, sounds easy and fast enough. I was interested only in the mod to increase the size of the minimap, but that's opening Pandora's Box... 

haven't tried that one, this image shows the ones available, the fading transparent is 17mb rest are tiny

image.png.0681fcc14bab41197084f4d1a004758e.png

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

haven't tried that one, this image shows the ones available, the fading transparent is 17mb rest are tiny

image.png.0681fcc14bab41197084f4d1a004758e.png

:cap_like: TY

• Cool 1