You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Die Hard ... in a Kaga

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Don't know how often it happens ... but this one on an Ostergotland by Mr Gibbins was pretty funny

https://clips.twitch.tv/WanderingLongBunnyKAPOW-OJcHC239MYh1eqeK

You may have to right click and open in another tab ... seems twitch or the forum doesn't like embedded clips

No problem, it worked

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles

Reminds me of the times I’ve literally ran over DDs in my Scharnhorst (center channel on Two Brothers) and Kongo...

Good times. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles

Before I even clicked on the thread, I just knew right away it was going to be a DD trying to ram a larger ship.  Unless that larger ship was already low on HP, the DD will come out a lot worse for it than the target.  Ramming favors bigger ships over smaller ones.

Maybe the Ostergotland's torps were on reload, but he still had plenty of HP.  To throw away a DD like that is just wasteful.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Before I even clicked on the thread, I just knew right away it was going to be a DD trying to ram a larger ship.  Unless that larger ship was already low on HP, the DD will come out a lot worse for it than the target.  Ramming favors bigger ships over smaller ones.

Maybe the Ostergotland's torps were on reload, but he still had plenty of HP.  To throw away a DD like that is just wasteful.

Some players just REALLY hate CVs, I guess.

[WAIFU]
Members
891 posts
11,620 battles

I feel bad for Mr. Gibbins. The amount of hate he gets by some lets say purple EU and NA players and clans is absolutely disgusting and im glad wg is clamping down on them for him. I hate cv just as much as others but its getting retarded we are harassing people and being toxic just cause they are playing a class in a video game at the end of the day.

Edited by Suzutsuki_Kai

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,858 posts
25,782 battles
11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Some players just REALLY hate CVs, I guess.

I had seen so many of it happen in Random Battles.  Even DDs trying to ram a Battleship thinking some healthy BB is going to go down also.  It never goes well for the ramming DD and the opponent gets to have a laugh from the speed bump and farm a Die Hard award in the process.

What I will say is real funny, is seeing something like a near dead BB ram and take out a healthy BB opponent.  Man, the salt flowing from that is phenomenal!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway