Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Twitch drops?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts

I have linked my WG account to twitch.  When I try and collect twitch containers or the Italian token missions it says I have to link WG account but I have.

What's going on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,872
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,575 posts
15,079 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I have linked my WG account to twitch.  When I try and collect twitch containers or the Italian token missions it says I have to link WG account but I have.

What's going on? 

Give it some time, I have found that with Twitch drops, or notifications, there appears to be some lag in communication between them and us.

I had the same issue as you, waited a couple hours went back and it was working. Same with the drops themselves.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still can't get this to work let me know pls.

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
32 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Give it some time, I have found that with Twitch drops, or notifications, there appears to be some lag in communication between them and us.

I had the same issue as you, waited a couple hours went back and it was working. Same with the drops themselves.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still can't get this to work let me know pls.

-Hapa

Ok thanks.

I link my WG account 2.18.21

I collect the twitch containers but its still telling me to link my account.  

On my WG profile under Twitch it says I am.

Is there something else I have to do? 

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
35 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Give it some time, I have found that with Twitch drops, or notifications, there appears to be some lag in communication between them and us.

I had the same issue as you, waited a couple hours went back and it was working. Same with the drops themselves.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still can't get this to work let me know pls.

-Hapa

Still is not working. Twitch says I have to link. WG profile says I am linked.

Is there another button i need to hit?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
45 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Give it some time, I have found that with Twitch drops, or notifications, there appears to be some lag in communication between them and us.

I had the same issue as you, waited a couple hours went back and it was working. Same with the drops themselves.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still can't get this to work let me know pls.

-Hapa

My Twitch name is different than WG name.

Does that matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,872
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,575 posts
15,079 battles
9 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Still is not working. Twitch says I have to link. WG profile says I am linked.

Is there another button i need to hit?

 

 

Just now, jags_domain said:

My Twitch name is different than WG name.

Does that matter?

No it shouldn't matter. I know this seems odd, but could you clear your cache or try a different browser? (these are broad fixes that I have seen work for some) Unfortunately it looks like a communication on Twitches side, we've seen with with the Prime Gaming before too.

I'm sorry :(

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,409
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,815 posts
7,511 battles

I have unlinked the account on both sides and reset it again to fix this for the previous iteration and it started working.   Have no idea if it will yours, but worth a try?      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
5 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

I have unlinked the account on both sides and reset it again to fix this for the previous iteration and it started working.   Have no idea if it will yours, but worth a try?      

Will try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[NWO-1]
Members
215 posts
4,582 battles

Also I had this happen, it says on one part that I am 85% there, and on the other 100%. There is no button to claim the drop. Lets hope these bugs are worked out soon(TM). The image below is not a composite image and is a straight screen shot.

Also it does not seem to work when I use Chromecast to watch streams, which I do because I only have one monitor.

image.thumb.png.54909e1fd54d647ac9e08a0730274a3d.png

Edited by MollyGodiva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,872
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,575 posts
15,079 battles
7 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

Also I had this happen, it says on one part that I am 85% there, and on the other 100%. There is no button to claim the drop. Lets hope these bugs are worked out soon(TM). The image below is not a composite image and is a straight screen shot.

Also it does not seem to work when I use Chromecast to watch streams, which I do because I only have one monitor.

image.thumb.png.54909e1fd54d647ac9e08a0730274a3d.png

Yeah, we took note of that yesterday to talk to Twitch. Hopefully that timing inconsistency can be fixed.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[NWO-1]
Members
215 posts
4,582 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Yeah, we took note of that yesterday to talk to Twitch. Hopefully that timing inconsistency can be fixed.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

It would also be very nice for it to work with Chromecast. I regularly put Hapa or Calibury on my TV with Chomecast so I can play while I watch the stream.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Give it some time, I have found that with Twitch drops, or notifications, there appears to be some lag in communication between them and us.

I had the same issue as you, waited a couple hours went back and it was working. Same with the drops themselves.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still can't get this to work let me know pls.

-Hapa

So you know for the next time.

I logged out of Twitch and unchecked the Twitch button for WG.

Logged back into Twitch. They sent me a code and now it works.

Got my fist twitch container.  Nice to have some silver and flags.

100k silver that was cool.

Just so you know for the next time a non tech person cannot get Twitch working! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[LF]
Members
255 posts
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I logged out of Twitch and unchecked the Twitch button for WG.

Logged back into Twitch. They sent me a code and now it works.

I logged out of Twitch. Where do I uncheck the Twitch button for WG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
811
[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles
9 minutes ago, n5bar said:

I logged out of Twitch. Where do I uncheck the Twitch button for WG?

In Account Management when you do the pullown under your name at the top right of this page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
24 minutes ago, n5bar said:

I logged out of Twitch. Where do I uncheck the Twitch button for WG?

That worked for me to.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[LF]
Members
255 posts
13 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

In Account Management when you do the pullown under your name at the top right of this page.

Have gone all over account management looking for a "Twitch button".  Can't find it. A screenprint would be awesome! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
811
[LOU1]
Members
4,249 posts
12,713 battles
4 minutes ago, n5bar said:

Have gone all over account management looking for a "Twitch button".  Can't find it. A screenprint would be awesome! Thanks!

After you unlink, Twitch will become one of the accounts you can link to.  If you do not have Twitch with a date, as I do, then you have not linked your account yet.  (I was not getting any of the drops and tried the relinking.  It worked and I got my drop.)

X1i73Rk.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[LF]
Members
255 posts

Ok, now I see it. Have been linked to Twitch since 11/04/2018. I'll unlink it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[LF]
Members
255 posts
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I logged out of Twitch and unchecked the Twitch button for WG.

Logged back into Twitch. They sent me a code and now it works.

Ok, I have logged out of Twitch. Uncheck Twitch in account managment. Logged back into Twitch. I haven't received any code that I am aware of. Where do I look for it? In email? In the Twitch notifications? (No code there.) In the game?

Ok, the missions and the crate dropped in the game. Slight delay before it happened. Thank you for all the help! I hate to be a blockhead, but I just wasn't understanding exactly what needed to be done and what I would see as a result. I get now that this is a relinking and signing back into the game cycle.

Edited by n5bar
new info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[SGSS]
Members
5,748 posts
2 hours ago, n5bar said:

Ok, I have logged out of Twitch. Uncheck Twitch in account managment. Logged back into Twitch. I haven't received any code that I am aware of. Where do I look for it? In email? In the Twitch notifications? (No code there.) In the game?

Ok, the missions and the crate dropped in the game. Slight delay before it happened. Thank you for all the help! I hate to be a blockhead, but I just wasn't understanding exactly what needed to be done and what I would see as a result. I get now that this is a relinking and signing back into the game cycle.

I can turn the comp on and thats about it.

Glad I was not the only one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×