You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Cthulhu's How To: Sacking unwanted commanders for ECXP.

56 comments in this topic

Members
682 posts
220 battles

Does anyone else think it's insane to pay (dubs or credits) to get the XP back that you played for, spent time on, to earn, and now to get some (or all) of that back we have to pay?

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,666 posts
25,152 battles

Of all the changes that came with the skill rework, this is probably my favorite one. I was dirty rich in credits and I had so many captains in the 10-19 point range on tech tree ships where I was done grinding them..... It was a massacre as I harvested almost every single one in order to bump up my legendary captains. For tech tree ships I enjoy playing, I replaced them with the 6 pointers. For ships I only play for a flake, they got a zero pointer. I have all the legendary captains except for Cunningham and almost all are now 21 points. I just bought Lutjens and he is sitting at 19 points. At the rate I am accumulating ECXP, he will get there in a month or two. This is an absolutely fantastic change to the game IMHO although I think Wargaming was stingy with the credit option. You should get 100% for doubloons and 50% for credits, not the 20-25% they went with. I found it insulting that they devalued my time like that but overall I am happy about the change itself. The tech tree is dead to me now, the grind is all about using my premium ships and legendary captains to build up my resources again. 

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
32,334 posts
10,021 battles
54 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

Does anyone else think it's insane to pay (dubs or credits) to get the XP back that you played for, spent time on, to earn, and now to get some (or all) of that back we have to pay?

I still have all the XP I earned, it didn't go anywhere.

Having said that, I believe the rates to get ECXP from dismissed captains are pretty draconian.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
52 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

Not really,  the alternative would be for that XP to sit idle on a Commander that you aren't going to use, with this new system at least you have the option to free up that XP and apply it where you can use it. 

IMHO the fact that you have to pay for it, fits the current WG business model. You have to stop thinking about the time you play the game as some sort of investment, it's entertainment nothing more. 

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
5,807 posts
7,013 battles
47 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

This is an absolutely fantastic change to the game IMHO although I think Wargaming was stingy with the credit option. You should get 100% for doubloons and 50% for credits, not the 20-25% they went with.

I have to agree with this; devaluing the time and effort spent to one fourth in payoff is pretty stingy and one of the reasons I personally haven't sold any Commanderr.

My understanding is that it's valued that way to make the doubloon option appear even more appealing, though the doubloon amount needed is still a bit much. 50% for credits would be definitely more welcome, though I have the suspicion such bonuses may be offered during events/discounts, kinda like the FXP conversion rate.

The last part of your post is very important and kinda shows the direction of the game really, ie. a shifting focus towards premium ships, with tech trees becoming sidelined.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts
12,777 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It doesn't matter that elite co xp can be done with credits. 25% is not 100% and o presume the higher the commander the higher the doubloons count as well.

This whole new system wasn't well thought out. I'll keep my commanders and they can keep their doubloon cost idea.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The last part of your post is very important and kinda shows the direction of the game really, ie. a shifting focus towards premium ships, with tech trees becoming sidelined.

That sounds very non-sequitur-ish. I said nothing at all about ships, premium or otherwise.

That being said, it's a good thing there are so many more premiums available for free than there used to be.

When I entered the game: Nelson, 375,000 FXP.

Now: Charleston, Campbeltown, Yubari, Okt Rev, Hill, Marblehead, Aigle, Anshan, Duke of York, Lazo, Blyskawica, and whatever shifting rotation exists at Tiers 9 and 10.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of mid tier coal premiums added for Germany and Italy at some point - maybe Graf Spee and either Genova or Duca D'Aosta? The difficulty would be choosing one for Japan; Shinonome can be won with some effort, but by the time you've done that you've probably spent enough time in Tier 10-susceptible matchmaking to go straight for Yoshino or Azuma. Yubari is an option, but she's ever so slightly too low-tier for directives and dailies. Maybe Yahagi?

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
3 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

It doesn't matter that elite co xp can be done with credits. 25% is not 100%

It used to be ZERO.

No, it's not 100%, but it can be done without paying money. It's an option that didn't exist before. It's up to the individual to decide what use, if any, they want to make of it.

You want to trash WG, fine - go do it on your own time, in your own post, with its own title. A how-to thread is not the place to get up on that particular soapbox, and sheltering under someone else's umbrella to avoid the attention of the moderators is cowardice.

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
5,807 posts
7,013 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That sounds very non-sequitur-ish. I said nothing at all about ships, premium or otherwise.

That being said, it's a good thing there are so many more premiums available for free than there used to be.

When I entered the game: Nelson, 375,000 FXP.

Now: Charleston, Campbeltown, Yubari, Okt Rev, Hill, Marblehead, Aigle, Anshan, Duke of York, Lazo, Blyskawica, and whatever shifting rotation exists at Tiers 9 and 10.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of mid tier coal premiums added for Germany and Italy at some point - maybe Graf Spee and either Genova or Duca D'Aosta? The difficulty would be choosing one for Japan; Shinonome can be won with some effort, but by the time you've done that you've probably spent enough time in Tier 10-susceptible matchmaking to go straight for Yoshino or Azuma. Yubari is an option, but she's ever so slightly too low-tier for directives and dailies. Maybe Yahagi?

My bad, that part of my response was directed at Taylor3006, just forgot to include it in the quote;

The tech tree is dead to me now, the grind is all about using my premium ships and legendary captains to build up my resources again. 

My main point is that premium ships are the ones benefiting the most from these changes as they are the only ones where you can use Commanders across 4 different classes without needing retraining. This is a trend that I also see myself a part of. It's a good incentive to be getting premiums.

As for IJN premiums that could be included for coal, there's Mutsu and Ashitaka that could also be somewhat feasible to get and not really broken.

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLFG]
Members
11,814 posts
10,972 battles
1 hour ago, Laser_Beam said:

No and yes.  Getting rid of the many 6 point captains I picked up along the way through no real conscious effort on my part doesn't seem that crazy.

Getting rid of a high point captain on the other hand does seem a little extreme.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,872 posts
14,896 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

He was quoting Taylor3006, and his discourse on his ship focus.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

No and yes.  Getting rid of the many 6 point captains I picked up along the way through no real conscious effort on my part doesn't seem that crazy.

Getting rid of a high point captain on the other hand does seem a little extreme.

Scrapping 19-pointers to promote a chosen few to 21 is for those who (a) are swimming in 19 pointers, (b) are aware that with the multiskilling aspect, they might not need as many as they used to, and (c) are swimming in more credits than they know what to do with. Definitely not for the general run of player. 

1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

He was quoting Taylor3006, and his discourse on his ship focus.

Yeah, we sorted out that misunderstanding. 

8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

As for IJN premiums that could be included for coal, there's Mutsu and Ashitaka

Business sense: make Ashitaka for coal, encourage purchases of the Kobayashi camo...

[PVE]
Members
5,104 posts
22,598 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It used to be ZERO.

No, it's not 100%, but it can be done without paying money. It's an option that didn't exist before. It's up to the individual to decide what use, if any, they want to make of it.

You want to trash WG, fine - go do it on your own time, in your own post, with its own title. A how-to thread is not the place to get up on that particular soapbox, and sheltering under someone else's umbrella to avoid the attention of the moderators is cowardice.

It's great there is an "option" to convert F2P currency to advance CPT's to 21 points....  As said above, although there is a choice, it's really pretty cheesy.......  All of these mature game economy changes I've researched and lived through, usually drive a lot of players out of the game.....  That being said, having some option is..................still pretty cheesy but, better than nothing.   Now, does that sound like a world class retention tool?  No.  But, free is free and something is better than nothing..........sort of.

Again, don't let the "dark side" creep in Ensign........  You don't want to make what you want and think is important "a sport" for those whom want to make your posts a place to cause trouble..... 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,814 posts
10,972 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Scrapping 19-pointers to promote a chosen few to 21 is for those who (a) are swimming in 19 pointers, (b) are aware that with the multiskilling aspect, they might not need as many as they used to, and (c) are swimming in more credits than they know what to do with. Definitely not for the general run of player. 

exactly.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,270 posts
12,232 battles
42 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Not really,  the alternative would be for that XP to sit idle on a Commander that you aren't going to use, with this new system at least you have the option to free up that XP and apply it where you can use it. 

IMHO the fact that you have to pay for it, fits the current WG business model. You have to stop thinking about the time you play the game as some sort of investment, it's entertainment nothing more. 

I have to agree with this ^^^^^ but I am also not happy about only getting back 25% of my original commander XP . However  I want as many 21 point captains especially the unique ones as I can get so that I can get the full commander XP with each game played instead of 5% . Being stubborn and not selling off commanders that you are never going to use because your not getting what you want is kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face . It does kind of suck but I did it anyway and was able to move 3 unique commanders to 21 points and one to 20 points I'm ok with that .

Edited by clammboy

[USCC]
Members
3,120 posts
14,656 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, it's not 100%, but it can be done without paying money.

Very true, I just converted enough unused captains to bump my last legendary captain from 16 to 21 just using credits today, and that was just dismissing most of my 3 to 8 point captains that are no longer used.
I haven't even touched on the other much higher ones I plan on getting rid of.
Like others have mentioned, I mostly play premiums, and I've bumped up all my legendary captains to 21.
The rework wasn't something I wanted, but having the ability to dismiss and get something back is great!

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

but I am also not happy about only getting back 25% of my original commander XP

I think everybody would prefer a better rate, but it is what it is. I guess it's the price we pay for literally being able - for the first time - to BUY elite commander experience without putting in real money: create a 6 pointer for 900K credits, trash him and scalp the ECXP, lather, rinse, repeat.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,270 posts
12,232 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think everybody would prefer a better rate, but it is what it is. I guess it's the price we pay for literally being able - for the first time - to BUY elite commander experience without putting in real money: create a 6 pointer for 900K credits, trash him and scalp the ECXP, lather, rinse, repeat.

Yes I agree I had 360m credits so it wasn't to painful to sell off some of my captains but I feel for the people who are credit poor . It can get expensive .

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

but I feel for the people who are credit poor

That's me right now! 

WG was very generous to me with premium ships in the dying days of the Hizen and Anshan directives (free-to-win Santa and Journey to the West boxes), but that comes with a price. Those upgrade slots don't fill themselves, ya know! :Smile_veryhappy: 

I was literally down to the point where I had to abuse the free demount period to strip the upgrade modules off my Izumo and stick them temporarily on the Wujing so I could do her XP directive mission!

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,270 posts
12,232 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's me right now! 

WG was very generous to me with premium ships in the dying days of the Hizen and Anshan directives (free-to-win Santa and Journey to the West boxes), but that comes with a price. Those upgrade slots don't fill themselves, ya know! :Smile_veryhappy: 

I was literally down to the point where I had to abuse the free demount period to strip the upgrade modules off my Izumo and stick them temporarily on the Wujing so I could do her XP directive mission!

Sorry to hear that !!! I have a lot of ships I didn't even mount the equipment on and I have only 2 BB lines French and German that I finished . I have lots of premiums and premium time played almost all premium ships and was able to save lots of credits . I had 700M at one time then I got a lot of new ships and started buying signals and it drained half my credits . Now I am addicted to signals there expensive if your playing a lot . 

Edited by clammboy

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
12 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I had 700M at one time then I got a lot of new ships and started buying flags and it drained half my credits

The struggle is real. :Smile_coin:

The absolute worst time is when unlocking a ship or two at or above Tier 8 coincides with snowflakes. In fact, snowflakes are 99.999% of the reason for my credit woes because I'm no longer getting rid of ships that I've played through but don't necessarily want to keep (although sometimes I take them out for the flake after a while rotting in port and find to my surprise that I actually like the ship now).

[-BCO-]
Members
1,852 posts
3,455 battles

Scrapping 19-pointers to promote a chosen few to 21 is for those who (a) are swimming in 19 pointers, (b) are aware that with the multiskilling aspect, they might not need as many as they used to, and (c) are swimming in more credits than they know what to do with. Definitely not for the general run of player. .

I did that. Heresy I know, but.....I had 3 19 pointers on the RN Cl line, so with heavy heart I sold off one, so I could make my second 21 pointer on Eu (ofc Jingles...)

Business sense: make Ashitaka for coal, encourage purchases of the Kobayashi camo...

I hate to say it, but Weegee will never do something which does not directly serve its interests. And even then, it will have to serve it at least three times over....

Edit: Btw what's up with this B.s. why no USN premium T6 cruiser in the game? And why so few T6 overall ?. 

Edited by Bandi73

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
3 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

I hate to say it, but Weegee will never do something which does not directly serve its interests.

What do you expect them to do, hand out free premiums until they go broke? (An extreme example, but I think you see the point.)

Businesses want to survive and grow; every business owner wants that, and their employees do too.