Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Best League To Farm Steel And Gold This Ranked Season I Did Some Math

13 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
280 posts

I'm thinking instead of going into Gold league, it's better to rank through Bronze and then farm Silver for the remaining 11 weeks or may be just stay in bronze? I did the math for farming each league to see how much steel, bronze and camos you would get if you stayed in each one. 

Bronze: 7200 steel, 2400 gold, 120 camos
Silver: 8800 steel, 4400 gold, 165 various camos
Gold: 12, 000 steel, 9000 gold and 255 various camos plus all 3 chests and the dog tags. 

I don't think you could farm Gold league for 10 straight weeks and get to rank 2 each time. I'm sure there are a few that could but the majority won't get that far on a consistent basis. However based on last season I found ranking out of Silver to be tough but doable. 

Then again, staying in Bronze would get you a steel ship in about 3 seasons if your also doing your dailies and getting the little bit of steel from them. The FDR might take you 4 seasons as it's a bit more expensive. 
Farming Silver could net you a steel ship in 3 seasons easily and in 4 seasons you could get the higher priced ships with steel to spare. 

Considering ranked seasons are 12 weeks long with a break in between it would still be somewhere close to a year to save up enough for a ship unless your doing clan battles as well. 

I have this desire to rank out in Gold but then again I don't know if I want to truly spend all those long hours with the toxic elites in the gold league. I think I'd have a much more enjoyable time staying in Bronze or Silver. If I stay in Bronze I could also level some ship lines in there as I go along. Any thoughts? What is everyone else doing? Are you just trying to rank out as fast as possible all the way through or is anyone else just picking a league and farming for the entire time? 

I'm at the point in Bronze where I have to make a decision tomorrow. I'll hit rank 2 and then have to decide to rank out and begin the qualifying or just stop and start over again next week to farm it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles

I'm just casually playing in bronze for the last bit of steal I need for Austin. Other than that I think this ranked system is a joke.

[ALLY]
Members
371 posts
20,470 battles

Argus,

I work nights and sleep during the day.  The amount of time that I can play is limited.  Usually on the weekends for a couple of hours before it shuts down at 2 am where I live and then I just play randoms.  Therefore, I will probably just farm what I can in Bronze.  If I get lucky enough to rank out into silver, I will farm there.  I definitely doubt that I will get to gold or rank out with the limited amount of time available to me.

Hope that answers your question,

C130 signing out.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

Another consideration is they doubled (more or less) the amount of time it takes to rank out from last season. So if time is limited factor that in. And remember you dont get all the rewards unless you rank out. Personally i think i’ll stay in bronze, maybe try silver on the second to last week. But i’m just not sure the aggravation is worth the time. The rewards would have to be greater for me to want to deal with all those losable stars in silver.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts

A sprint is two weeks.

Suppose I get the 9 victories for the 600 steel or whatever in Bronze. I'll be sitting around up to 12 days waiting on the next sprint to get more steel.

Forget it.

My grind is simple. I refuse to be a part of it. I'll play a game or two etc but the grind model is flat [edited] and finished. I refuse to be a part of that. After 5 years here in Wows I have gotten sick of it deep to the bone.

Edited by xHeavy

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,788 battles

I will probably do what I did last season which is get to silver and rank out, or try to rank out. Had a blast and the rewards are better enough than bronze to me I’m willing to put the time in. Thanks for the breakdown!

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,108 posts
11,788 battles
6 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I'm at the point in Bronze where I have to make a decision tomorrow. I'll hit rank 2 and then have to decide to rank out and begin the qualifying or just stop and start over again next week to farm it. 

I believe this first week is 2 weeks tho, not just one?

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[FORM]
Members
309 posts
2,157 battles

IMO, for the work to put in - silver is the sweet spot for the rewards, gold is good for bragging rights.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,855 posts
14,863 battles
35 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I believe this first week is 2 weeks tho, not just one?

I think all of the sprints are two weeks, not just this first sprint. This is hard to ferret out, because the event description is very poorly worded on this point. It describes sprints lasting from 1-3 weeks” and they may “differ from season to season.” But the wording on the following bullet point goes on to characterize this ranked event as one “season.” So it seems to add up to “this season, the sprints are two weeks long”

If so, @Lord_Argus ‘s numbers end up being about twice what we can actually get. Still about twice what was available last season, though.

Also, I think his totals don’t include reaching rank 1 at any time.

So, for two-week sprints, the max Steel earnings should look like:

If just farming wins (plus the minimum ranking out & qualifications necessary to move up to farm in Silver or Gold)

Bronze: 3600

Silver: 4800 (gotta make Bronze in sprint 1)

Gold: 5800 (gotta make Silver in sprint 2)

If playing to rank out every sprint, and qualify to move up as fast as possible:

Bronze: 4800

Silver: 5800

Gold: 6600

I like both the “twice the rewards” and the “twice as long to get them” changes; I like more rewards, and a more relaxed pace at which it is possible to obtain them.

If the subsequent sprints are a single week long, I might end up content to stay in Bronze.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,877 posts
9,744 battles

SEASON MAX REWARDS

Play for Wins Only Play to Rank Out
Bronze League 3,600 steel, 1,200 gold, 10x Bronze camo 4,800 steel, 2,400 gold, 10x Bronze camo, 6x Bronze container
Silver League 4,800 steel, 2,400 gold, 15x Bronze camo, 10x Silver camo, 10x Ranked camo, 1x Bronze container 5,800 steel, 3,400 gold, 15x Bronze camo, 10x Silver camo, 5x Silver container, 1x Bronze container, 10x Ranked camo
Gold League 5,800 steel, 4,200 gold, 20x Bronze camo, 15x Silver Camo, 10x Gold camo, 1x Silver container, 1x Bronze container,  30x Ranked camo 6,600 steel, 4,200 gold, 1x Ranked token, 20x Bronze Camo, 15x Silver camo, 10x Gold camo, 4x Gold Container, 1x Silver container, 1x Bronze container, 30x Ranked camo.

That's assuming you reach the max number of wins rewards or that you succeed in ranking out and accounts for spending the first week in Bronze if you are going to stay in Silver and the second week in Silver if you are going to Gold.

One thing we do see is that doubloon rewards are really excellent. If we get four seasons per year, it's entirely possible that an entirely free-to-play player can fund three dockyard ships a year (like there were in 2020) or a free Tier VIII premium per year just off of Ranked battles and other occasional free doubloons. 

The steel gain should allow for just about everyone to get at least one steel ship a year when using your coupon when you take into consideration that every line you have to Tier IX is likely worth an additional 300 steel (75 steel for Tier VIII and 75 steel for Tier IX at the anniversary and Christmas snowflakes) as well as any Tier VIII-IX premium or special ships you may have. Anyone in a clan with the steel bonus will see extra as well, and then if you are using doubloons for dockyard events even as a F2P player, you'll see a couple thousand additional steel from a Dockyard stage at least at Christmas assuming you use your free Ranked doubloons for Dockyard events and grind the remainder of the stages.

I admittedly have a very full port, but my steel accrual for 2021 would be at least 36,960 steel per year accounting for the following:

1. Four ranked seasons, where I rank out in Bronze once and Silver five times.

2. Two snowflake events per year giving 75 steel for Tier VIII and Tier IX ships (just for the 80 Tier VIII-IX ships I have now, obviously by Snowflake season I will in fact have more than that).

3. Five percent clan bonus to steel accrual. 

Keeping in mind that you get a resource coupon twice a year, so assuming I use that coupon for a steel ship,  I'm earning a steel ship about every 8 months or so. 

Sign in to follow this